Veggie or Vegan pancakes being sold anywhere??? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Does any Fast food place or Restaurant in U.S offer Veggie or Vegan Pan Cakes???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Aren't most pancakes vegetarian?
#3 Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

It's pretty easy to make them yourself. http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSI...action=search2

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

They're better (and cheaper) at home!

My fave:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Vegan-Banana-Pancakes-23241
#5 Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

there are vegan pancakes sold at health food stores in the frozen section. I've seen 'em but never tried them. i usually make my own as others have stated.

The Big Bad.
#6 Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 PM

I dont know of any pancake not being vegetarian. I don't know of any chain, besides maybe a vegan one I guess, that makes them vegan.
#7 Old 04-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

I dont know of any pancake not being vegetarian. I don't know of any chain, besides maybe a vegan one I guess, that makes them vegan.

I've seen pancakes that included bacon or sausage in the batter. Ew.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#8 Old 04-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

McDonald's might put beef flavor in them. Just kidding-I hope!
#9 Old 04-23-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

#10 Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You mean on purpose? Yuck. Where did you see that?

Catch a shape in the circles of my mind.
#11 Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM

I am surprised to here comments like "I dont know of any pancake not being vegetarian"

what??? I thought most of the pancakes have egg in it.. Thats the reason why i created a thread asking for a place/restaurant which offer veggie pancakes which don't have stuffing in the form of egg
#12 Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delhi_Wayz View Post

I am surprised to here comments like "I dont know of any pancake not being vegetarian"

what??? I thought most of the pancakes have egg in it.. Thats the reason why i created a thread asking for a place/restaurant which offer veggie pancakes which don't have stuffing in the form of egg

i think you're mixing up vegan (no animal products at all) and vegetarian (no meat products). pretty much all pancakes are vegetarian. far less are vegan unless homemade.

The Big Bad.
#13 Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

i think you're mixing up vegan (no animal products at all) and vegetarian (no meat products). pretty much all pancakes are vegetarian. far less are vegan unless homemade.

okay then suppose when i got to any random restaurant and order a simple pancake. Then i can be sure that it won't have egg in it rite?? because as soon as a product has egg in it, it becomes non vegetarian
#14 Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

okay then suppose when i got to any random restaurant and order a simple pancake. Then i can be sure that it won't have egg in it rite?? because as soon as a product has egg in it, it becomes non vegetarian

no. most restaurant pancakes WILL have eggs in them. eating eggs is still considered to be in the vegetarian lifestyle. makes sense? you would have to go to a restaurant and ask if their pancakes are vegan which would have no dairy or eggs in them.

The Big Bad.
#15 Old 04-23-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

no. most restaurant pancakes WILL have eggs in them. eating eggs is still considered to be in the vegetarian lifestyle. makes sense? you would have to go to a restaurant and ask if their pancakes are vegan which would have no dairy or eggs in them.

thanks that helps.

thanks for the post agian
#16 Old 04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessus View Post

You mean on purpose? Yuck. Where did you see that?

I've seen that at a few mom&pop diners. I don't think I've seen it at any major chains.

Quote:

Ah, I think we're encountering a cultural difference here. You're from India, correct? I've heard many vegetarians in India consider eggs to be completely non-vegetarian, while dairy is acceptable. It comes down to what a culture considers to be an animal's flesh, I think. In the US, eggs are usually considered to be an animal product but not animal flesh. If you don't want to eat eggs, more power to you.

#17 Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM

Skylark, you got it rite. It's the cultural difference which has kept this thread active. Ya, eggs in India = Non Veg stuff. and ya I am from India

so i prefer not eating them. Infact i never ate an egg. I am an Indian Veggie(no egg)
#18 Old 04-24-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:

It's pretty easy to make them yourself. http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSI...action=search2

sooo true and drench them with syrup...syrup roxx!!

have a hippie day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page