What does hemp milk, seeds, powder taste like? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I am unfamiliar with hemp except as a material substance and want to know what hemp milk, hemp seed and hemp powder taste like. Also, is there anything gross about the texture? Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, hemp I am not sure how to describe it, but texture wise Hemp "milk" is thicker than soy or almond.
#3 Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 AM

I've only ever tried hemp seeds. It was a while ago so I can't remember exactly what they tasted like, but I remember I used to eat them a lot as snacks so they can't have been awful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never had hemp milk, but I read somewhere that it tasted the closest to cow's milk. I keep meaning to try it, but I'm so into all the other kinds of "milk" that I haven't gotten around to it yet.
#5 Old 03-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittleBirds View Post

I've never had hemp milk, but I read somewhere that it tasted the closest to cow's milk. I keep meaning to try it, but I'm so into all the other kinds of "milk" that I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I wonder what kind of cows milk these people were drinking.
#6 Old 03-29-2009, 06:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

I wonder what kind of cows milk these people were drinking.

Milk from stoned cows?
#7 Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I've only tried hemp milk and I did not like it at all. Certainly wasn't worth what it costs. Soy milk and rice milk are cheaper and tastier, imo.
#8 Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Beginner

I just bought vanilla hemp milk yesterday and really don't care for it. It seems a bit watery but maybe it's just the brand I bought? It is called Hemp Dream. I have tried hemp, soy, rice and almond milk and so far almond milk is my very favorite with soy coming in second. The brand I buy is Almond Breeze.
#9 Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Beginner

I did not care for hemp milk. It had kind of a funky taste to me. I'd rather use soy or rice or nut milk.
#10 Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I deffinetly wanna try hemp products but my parents don't want me to because they think that because they come from cannabis it must be barely legal and partially dangerous because it's related to "marijuana". I've shown them all kinds of evidence to prove that hemp products are okay but they still won't listen.
#11 Old 03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

This reminds me I have some plain and vanilla hemp milk in my pantry waiting to be tried out.

I'm nervous. I always am when it comes to milk substitutes for some reason. I'll put damn near any meat replacement/seitan/tofu in my mouth without a second thought, but not milks.

I'll let you guys know what I think once I try them out. I'm thinking I might try the vanilla first. Although maybe I should try the unflavored since it'll actually let me know what hemp milk tastes like. The thing is I don't drink milk (dairy or otherwise) just to drink it. I cook with it or eat it on cereal, so I'm not sure what I'm going to use the whole carton for once I open it.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#12 Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 PM

Hemp milk is great. At least Living Harvest brand is. Hemp Dream I haven't had and Manitoba whatever is just completely gross.
#13 Old 03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Living Harvest is what I have in the pantry. I picked it since it got better reviews than Hemp Dream and the others. I'm still working my way through the last of my carton of Silk and then I'm giving the hemp a shot.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#14 Old 03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

hemp milk is my favorite , followed by soy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page