Vacation happiness! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2009, 01:45 PM

Hello everyone. :]

I kind of disappeared for awhile, but I've come back! Yay. && I have things to share!

Normally when I go out to eat with friends in my area I end up eating salads or potatoes, which are delicious but sometime I'm like... "Gah! Variety!" Anyways. I just spent a week in Palm Bay and St. Petersburg, FL, and the variety and amount of vegetarian food that restaurants had was amazing! I've never eaten better while eating out, or been so happy to look at a menu.

=]]

That's about all I have, I hope everyone is doing well and stays happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

That's awesome! We're pretty lucky with veggie options in restaurants here in Philly too.

btw, I love your avatar!
#3 Old 03-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

nice to hear ya had a great vacationing experience. i'll have to remember that area next time i'm in the florida area, although i've never really had too many problems with florida. i've had a bunch of mixed experiences with vacations and traveling in general. i travel a lot. i had a horrible experience in the philippines. nearly starved there as a vegetarian, i couldn't imagine what it would be like to be vegan there. also, new orleans was terrible for food, great place but terrible for food. toronto, houston, boston, dc, and california were great for vegetarians though.

http://www.butikiteas.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-15-2009, 02:24 PM

Yeah, it was amazing!

I had never been to Florida before though, and I haven't really left the Lansing area a whole lot since I've become a vegetarian so I just sort of assumed that's what it was like.

I'm glad to know I was wrong. :]
#5 Old 03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I had never been to Florida before though, and I haven't really left the Lansing area a whole lot since I've become a vegetarian so I just sort of assumed that's what it was like.

That's great. I'll have to file that away for future reference. I'm in the Toledo area (pretty much the same demographics as Lansing, I think) and there aren't a lot of restaurants around here for veg*ns. ...One of these days I'll have to make a pilgrimage to Portland Oregon -- I hear it's like mecca for veg*ns and bicyclists.

Catch a shape in the circles of my mind.
#6 Old 03-15-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDerhammer View Post

Hello everyone. :]

I kind of disappeared for awhile, but I've come back! Yay. && I have things to share!

Normally when I go out to eat with friends in my area I end up eating salads or potatoes, which are delicious but sometime I'm like... "Gah! Variety!" Anyways. I just spent a week in Palm Bay and St. Petersburg, FL, and the variety and amount of vegetarian food that restaurants had was amazing! I've never eaten better while eating out, or been so happy to look at a menu.

=]]

That's about all I have, I hope everyone is doing well and stays happy.

Hey there

awesome avatar

thanx for the heads up on the restaurants will keep that for future reference

Have a great one
#7 Old 03-16-2009, 06:47 AM

I just had good eats in Florida too

Hope you hang around more this time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page