Vegetarian, but on low/reduced carb diet? (samples no longer available) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Many vegetarians are watching the whole Atkin's thing in disbelief. So were we at Fantastic Foods. As it relates to all the meat consumption and artificial ingredients in most of the "low carb" products out there, we still are. However, over the past few months we received so many requests from our regular vegetarian customers for reduced carb offerings, that we just introduced a line of low carb soup cups. They taste great, are ALL NATURAL, and of course vegetarian. Lots of soy protein. Affordable.

Here is the link on our web page to these.

http://www.fantasticfoods.com/lowcarb.php

Ok, here we go again! I am going to send a free sample kit to the first 100 veggie boards members that request us to do so. The kit will contain 1 each of our 8 new cups, and we will collect the names and send them out about 3 weeks after you make the request. All that I ask is that you tell me what you think of these products again by replying to this post! We try to make them the best they can be and your feedback in the past has been really important in doing this.

To request samples: Go to the website above, and go to the "Contact us" link and then click "email the CEO". In that email, please give your full name, mailing address (no PO boxes) so we can send you a free UPS shipment. Also, if you are veggie and trying to reduce carbs I would be interested in hearing how you are doing that in your diet. Your address will be used for no other purpose, I promise

Thanks VB'ers!!!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the great offer John! (I take it we should specify if we are vegan or not? Are you able to divide samples like that?)

Sounds like a good idea. I haven't jumped on the low-carb bandwagon myself, but it's great that these options are out there for people who are.

- K
#3 Old 11-28-2003, 09:37 PM
Veggie Regular

This is great. I'm not watching my weight or anything like that but I've been trying to watch my carbs because, I'll admit it, I'm a bread/potato addict. For those veg*ns who are doing the low-carb thing, this is a good thing.

Thanks John!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-28-2003, 10:51 PM
Beginner

if you knew how many vegetarians are contacting us stating that they are doing the same thing, becoming "carb conscious" for lack of a better term. We figure, what the heck, if you can't beat em, join em. We believe offering an all natural, vegetarian low carb option is a unique place in the market. Response has been pretty overwhelming.

Also, we are bringing out 5 new "low carb" fast naturals in January. Stay tuned.

John
#5 Old 11-29-2003, 03:13 AM
Veggie Regular

For those requesting, know that not all samples are vegan, and you will receive all 8 samples, so make sure you have the correct address of your favorite ovo-lacto-vegetarians and make them take an oath to write a quality review for John!
#6 Old 11-29-2003, 04:17 AM
Veggie Regular

What a nice offer! Thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to trying the samples.
#7 Old 11-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I sent my request in ... I would enjoy trying the vegan samples, and I have a handy vegetarian around for the others.

I feel a little funny about the low-carb thing, though. I can't really imagine trying to be a low-carb veg*n.

But John, to using VBers as taste testers!
#8 Old 11-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Umm, I'm ovo-lacto, but i live in the Uk, so mailing out samples to me would probably be more hassle than it's worth. But still, it looks like a pretty good idea. I personally don't support the whole idea of low-carb eating, or any other dietary regimes intended for weight loss, but it does sound pretty good for vegetarians who wish to take a low-carb approach, since it's very limiting to be vegetarian and lowcarb.
#9 Old 11-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know about the low carb thing, but I do love soup!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#10 Old 11-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

For those requesting, know that not all samples are vegan, and you will receive all 8 samples, so make sure you have the correct address of your favorite ovo-lacto-vegetarians and make them take an oath to write a quality review for John!

That's what my sister is for.
#11 Old 11-30-2003, 02:12 AM
Beginner

We are up to about 30 requests. We will get some out next week. Looking forward to your thoughts about them!

Regards

John
#12 Old 11-30-2003, 09:51 AM

I just sent my request. I look forward to receiving these.
#13 Old 11-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Ive sent mine in

thanks so much!

Im going to take my un vegan ones to my niece.
#14 Old 11-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Banned

So does this mean that they're low in calories or what? Who cares about carbs?! I want volume!
#15 Old 11-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Banned

Ah, I'm just kidding, Boquist. It's great of Fantastic Foods to serve all vegetarians!
#16 Old 11-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Beginner

I can take it Actually, you raise a great point. In America, most consumers are completely one dimensional in the way thay look at food. It's low carb (and nothing else matters), or low fat (and nothing else matters), or low sodium (and....). Is there a pattern here?
#17 Old 11-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Beginner

Up to 50 requests and going fast.
#18 Old 11-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I sent in my request, too. I'll be using my lacto-ovo mother for the non-vegan samples.
#19 Old 12-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Wow! Thank you again John for your overwhelming generosity!

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#20 Old 12-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Beginner

No problem!

We are up to about 75 requests. FYI everyone who gets samples will get all 8 flavors, I believe 6 are vegan. Give the others to a lacto-ovo friend. It is too complicated to pick specific items for specific orders.

We will start mailing these late this week, please be sure to post what you think, and also spread the word among your low carber friends!

Thanks

John
#21 Old 12-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I sent in my request yesterday, but I forgot to say thanks, so thanks.
#22 Old 12-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the freebies. The last stuff I got from you guys was really good, I can't wait to try the new soups! I hope I got my request in under the wire...
#23 Old 12-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Beginner

90. Ten more to go. We will begin sending these out middle of next week! Please be sure to post nd let us know what you think! Also, if you like them, please tell about 150,000 friends.

Thanks!

John
#24 Old 12-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Beginner

We have a bunch of consumer orders to get out this week, which has us a little backed up. However, rest assured that the samples are coming. We should start getting some out late this week. looking forward to your thoughts! All those in the East probably need a hot cup of soup about right now

John
#25 Old 12-10-2003, 10:13 PM

i'm glad i was able to get in on this in time.....

and as an aside, i love the new fantastics soups that come in the big bag..i used to love the ones i think these are based on (esp. the vegtable), and was really sad to see NONE of them were without animal stocks/fats.

we're having the potato one tonight for dinner even!
#26 Old 12-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the offer.
#27 Old 12-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

If you're still sending out samples John ,SeaDolphin and I would love to give 'em a try. Your other products you sent were so yummy. Not to worry about ones thatare not vegan. SeaDolphin is Lacto-Ovo.
#28 Old 12-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular

John:

I think this is an awesome idea, hopefully if it gets shelf "presence" meat eaters might choose this over "steak soup"... the carb thing is so insane right now that its sickening, but this is a nice idea to actually support a good veggie company for the carb thing.. lemme know if you have flyers & i'll put em up at my gym. We already have a ton of lightlife flyers (the people that make the gimmelean sausage) that all the little health nuts are always asking me questions about.

-Ann
#29 Old 12-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStarJedi View Post

If you're still sending out samples John ,SeaDolphin and I would love to give 'em a try. Your other products you sent were so yummy. Not to worry about ones thatare not vegan. SeaDolphin is Lacto-Ovo.

Thanks. We are officially over 100, but at the risk of being beaten to death by my shipping department, we will do 10 more for you 2, and the next 8 others that ask. Please email me the addresses as fast as you can for yourself and SeaDolphin.

#30 Old 12-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks John. We appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page