are you ever disgusted by what you eat? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you ever eat something and then regret it? feel like it was totally bad for you and want to hurl afterwards? I haven't eaten cheese in a week and a half ( real cheese) I admit to some annie o's. I have been thinking of trying to be pretty close to vegan. ( I overindulge in the cheese, common problem I hear) I got my hubby to make me some quesadilla type things (pita pocket, cabot cheese, sauteed onion and some jalepenos) and I feel totally gross now. Not like I am going to be sick but sickened. I have been trying to lose weight and I haven't excercised in about a week and a half either cause I have felt really depressed and stressed and weak an alot of things at the same time. I wish I could go back and have eaten something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't been disgusted by what I eat since I went vegetarian. I can see how people find dairy and eggs disgusting, but they don't really phase me.
#3 Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 PM

I have that problem with peanuts. I just cant buy them because I'll eat half a container in one sitting. Then I feel gross for eating that many peanuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

This happened to me yesterday at work.

I've been eating really healthily lately, but yesterday I chowed down on a monster plate of pasta... I kept eating way past the full point. I think it was because I was tired and cold and my body was craving carbs... I felt so gross afterward.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#5 Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I used to, when I ate dairy ice cream. Just would eat too much.

Now that I'm eating nondairy ice creams, they are just way too expensive to be eating in large amounts, so that pretty much cured that problem!
#6 Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Sunflower seed butter. The reason is because the last time I had some was on toast and the other piece of toast had some preserves on it. It turns out the preserves had been in the fridge a tad too long and made me sick...horribly, horribly sick.

And once I realized what it was that made me sick, I cannot for the life of me eat the rest of the sunflower seed butter. Though that product by itself did not make me sick, just the thought of it reminds me of the time I got sick.

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
#7 Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

wow, i am happy that I am not alone... I also never eat buttery stuff hardly ever or fried food (cept fries from bk) I guess the cheese and the grease and all that just wasn't a wise choice.. I haven't been feeling normal until late in the day either. People keep jokingly telling me I am preggers....
#8 Old 02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicojuarz View Post

I have that problem with peanuts. I just cant buy them because I'll eat half a container in one sitting. Then I feel gross for eating that many peanuts.

o yeah.. peanuts are sooo yummy. I usually only eat them during the wintertime though around christmastime to be exact.
#9 Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM

sometimes like when I eat too much candy or oreos...but not usually.
#10 Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I feel gross if I eat too much sugary stuff. I also feel gross if I eat nothing healthy all day.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#11 Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 PM

I ate wayy too many Newman-O's yesterday and had to power walk 20 minutes to my evening class that I was late for right after that...ugh. I think I got overenthusiastic about having a vegan dessert food available.
#12 Old 02-27-2009, 06:56 AM

I feel pretty yucky after eating a whole bag of Tings or spicy sweet chili Doritos.

...but then I do it again the next week

lol
#13 Old 02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a love/hate relationship with chinese take out. I love it but I always feel like crap after eating it and yet I'm still hungry for more a few hours later!

I also have a habit of being indecisive about what I want to eat . I'll make something thinking I want it then take a bite and decide I want something else instead.
#14 Old 02-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I HATEEEEEE walnuts

they're packed with some seriously good stuff but taste terrible. They make me wana throw up.
#15 Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I once got weak and had a package of Skittles then felt disgusted thinking of the gelatin I just ate.

Not to mention those Skittles kind of leave a nasty taste in your mouth...this artificial flavoring taste. I ate them only once since becoming vegetarian and eating them that one time put me off of them for good.

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
#16 Old 02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

A couple weeks ago I had this veggie pizza and the garlic sauce on it was so good and I was so hungry I ate almost the whole thing in two days. I think it was a medium.

Even worse I had three slices the first night I got it. (Said I was hungry.)

The second day I had a couple slices and the third day I told my dad to take the last slice. I felt like a pig. I think I was eating so much out of stress.

I feel a little gross when I drink too much of the fruity v8 splash juice. It's addictive. It's got less sugar then soda, but it's still a lot of sugar.

I feel sick and gross when I eat a bunch of sweets at once.

Oh, and too much ice cream. Especially with toppings. Ugh.

I'll look at the empty bowl and I'll be like "How and why did I eat all that?"
#17 Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 PM

Yeah, I feel guilty way too often.

I'm weird, though, I live off of mostly salad, nuts, cereal, and fruit.

So I feel gross when I eat something heated up, even if it's good, like a burrito or somehing.

I can't eat too much food without feeling guilty.

But I will admit, I did make come cupcakes and feel nast, haha.

But they were yummy.
#18 Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi View Post

Do you ever eat something and then regret it? feel like it was totally bad for you and want to hurl afterwards? I haven't eaten cheese in a week and a half ( real cheese) I admit to some annie o's. I have been thinking of trying to be pretty close to vegan. ( I overindulge in the cheese, common problem I hear) I got my hubby to make me some quesadilla type things (pita pocket, cabot cheese, sauteed onion and some jalepenos) and I feel totally gross now. Not like I am going to be sick but sickened. I have been trying to lose weight and I haven't excercised in about a week and a half either cause I have felt really depressed and stressed and weak an alot of things at the same time. I wish I could go back and have eaten something else.

If you are trying to lose weight, then you should abstain or at least greatly reduce the amount of cheese that you eat. You definitely can't have it on a routine basis. I'm also trying to lose weight and my dietitian also told me to cut cheese from my diet.
#19 Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I never feel bad about myself for eating to much.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#20 Old 02-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemdude View Post

If you are trying to lose weight, then you should abstain or at least greatly reduce the amount of cheese that you eat. You definitely can't have it on a routine basis. I'm also trying to lose weight and my dietitian also told me to cut cheese from my diet.

yes, as I said I haven't eaten cheese in a week and a half.

So I think that chocolate frosting and tofu sour cream and mashed potatoes mix very well... my tummy is fullllll
#21 Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 PM

I wanna change my answer to yes...I have had EDs and sometimes when I would binge I would literally digust myself...like when I would eat a bag of oreos...or a bag of doritos...something like that....I havent done that in ages but the disgust its still there.
#22 Old 03-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes! like every day

I used to be a real binge eater. And I mean REAL. I used to eat until my stomach was so full and I was in so much pain I couldnt move.

recently I've got much better, but still now and again will binge. I eat too much every lunch time - the refectory staff laugh at the amount I eat, or will even say "more!? Its not healthy you know!" and I always feel terrible afterwards. I compensate by not eating supper. I am not able to just eat until I am satisfied, I have to be full. This works for me I still regret it though, if I just ate smaller lunches I would lose my extra weight!

And I have the occasional binge (last one I ate 2 packs supernoodles, 4 soya chocolate desserts, 1 bag chilli doritos, 1 tube pringles and a box of chips and bbq sauce in one go ) so I felt sick and awful. I actually tried to make myself throw up, but couldnt and thought "what am I doing? this is the start of a nasy road to an eating disorder." so all the calories piled on...
#23 Old 03-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned

Since I stopped eating cheese, the only thing that leaves me with a horrible feeling is fried bread. It makes me feel really greasy, fat and unhealthy... because it's basically bread soaked in way too much oil. Ew.
#24 Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

I never feel bad about myself for eating to much.

Care to share your secret with us?

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#25 Old 03-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Care to share your secret with us?

I don't really know, it's natural for me to eat as much or as little as I want.

With that said, it doesn't mean that I gorge myself at first available moment, but if it happens, it is not a thing that I frown upon or even think twice about. Because I don't like limiting myself.

Well, it was kinda weird thinking, but i've never really thought much about it myself.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#26 Old 03-01-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4sheep View Post

Yes! like every day

I used to be a real binge eater. And I mean REAL. I used to eat until my stomach was so full and I was in so much pain I couldnt move.

recently I've got much better, but still now and again will binge. I eat too much every lunch time - the refectory staff laugh at the amount I eat, or will even say "more!? Its not healthy you know!" and I always feel terrible afterwards. I compensate by not eating supper. I am not able to just eat until I am satisfied, I have to be full. This works for me I still regret it though, if I just ate smaller lunches I would lose my extra weight!

And I have the occasional binge (last one I ate 2 packs supernoodles, 4 soya chocolate desserts, 1 bag chilli doritos, 1 tube pringles and a box of chips and bbq sauce in one go ) so I felt sick and awful. I actually tried to make myself throw up, but couldnt and thought "what am I doing? this is the start of a nasy road to an eating disorder." so all the calories piled on...

thats me too...I was like that too...havent binged in a long time...but still do sometimes and thats not a pretty picture...I have had three EDs actually long story and I got help and am recovering...(will never be recovered always recovering...Its a Progress not Perfection Deal) but the desire is still there sometimes...but I have an awesome handle on it...but in the old days I would eat cause I was upset...and felt oreos or candy or whatever would make me feel better...but it just ended up making me feel worse and that literally disgusted me
#27 Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrilynhawk View Post

I feel pretty yucky after eating a whole bag of Tings or spicy sweet chili Doritos.

...but then I do it again the next week

lol

Same here with the Tings. I haven't had the Doritos yet. I can never remember which flavor is vegan and am usually to lazy to read them all.
#28 Old 03-02-2009, 04:01 AM

I felt sooo sick yesterday after going to my friends house for tea. They always make something different for me as they are all meat eaters to I happily tucked into a mushroom tart. Yummy!! But then someone informed me that the veggies I'd just started eating had been cooked in the meat juices... eurgh!

I guess it was my fault though, I should have known.

Not only that but I was offered some olives earlier that evening, only to later find that they were stuffed with anchovies!

I felf awful about it for ages after... guess that will teach me to be more careful next time! hehe
#29 Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat.Is.Murder View Post

\\

Not only that but I was offered some olives earlier that evening, only to later find that they were stuffed with anchovies!

Ok, that is just nasty and wrong in so many ways.
#30 Old 03-02-2009, 11:57 AM

I have a tendency to "treat" myself when I feel bad. Especially if I've been doing really good and eating healthy for a while. Most recently it has been pizza. It had been so long since I'd had one and i used to eat them all the time. I ordered a large thin crust cheese and nearly ate the whole thing in one sitting. Of course it was all I had eaten that day, but still...

Also, for a couple of months I stopped being vegetarian. Something really bad happened and while I was in the hospital they brought me a turkey sandwhich and I was too scared and upset to ask for something else. My mom heard about it and started serving me meat when I was at her place.

Never once did I have a piece of meat where I didn't realize exactly where it came from. I tried to make myself stop thinking about it but that just lead to nightmares.

I actually had a dream where I was arguing the logic of eating meat with myself and obviously could think of no logical reason to continue.

Then one night I was watching an episode of Buffy and a vampire referred to people as happy meals on legs. I thought "how is that different from what we do to cows? That's it, I'm off meat."

I am still disgusted at myself for that break, my only excuse is the trauma I was in, but what about after wards? At least I learned something about myself and I don't see myself ever going back again. It's just not me.

I just wish it had never happened.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page