are you ever disgusted by what you eat? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 03-02-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Ok, that is just nasty and wrong in so many ways.

I know. I thought I could trust everyone... I mean they always seem to make so much effort to accomodate my needs...

I don't know whether to take it as an insult or not... I was quite annoyed at the time, but now I guess I should have just asked in the first place....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM

What almost no-one notices, is that carnivores are slowly -very slowly- getting disgusted at what they eat. Each generation, whilst apparently showing no inclination to vegetarianism, gradually gives up something gross forever. "My parents used to eat it". Haggis, offal, lights, tripe (brains), black puddings (blood), ox-tails, tongues, calves' heads... often revolt even ardent anti-veggie seniors.
#33 Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieShane View Post

I HATEEEEEE walnuts

they're packed with some seriously good stuff but taste terrible. They make me wana throw up.

Ever tried the glazed ones? They're addictive in salad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I eat waaaay to much cheese, but I can't stop. And soda too. Ugh.
#35 Old 03-06-2009, 01:50 PM

recently my mom made me an awesome chocolate mint (my fave) pie and in a few days I ate alot myself and that kinda grossed out but not badly and I was okay with it cause it was soooo yummmerific.

and I luv diet coke some days I drink none some days a ton and that sometimes buggs me...hehe
#36 Old 03-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

No, but I'm disgusted by what omnis eat.

I remember as a meat-eater, I used to often be disgusted when I'd come across a bone or piece of gristle or something... gross!

My H was eating chicken nuggets at a hockey game we went to a couple of weeks ago and the first one he bit into had a HUGE bone in it. He was all grossed out. I just sat there, happily eating my slice of meatless pizza.
#37 Old 03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I ate 500 g sorbet and 7 cookies today.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#38 Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 AM

I am planning to go vegan and almost everything I eat and drink that I make myself, is vegan. I'm currently in the process of learning what's vegan/what's not and making the changes the best that I can. But i'm 16 and i live with my parents (who are vegetarians) and when they cook something with milk or cheese in I feel D: I can't expect them to cook vegan food for me every night so i'm starting to cook myself more but at the moment if I eat something with dairy in it then I do feel slightly wrong.
#39 Old 03-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I ate an Annie Anne's pretzel yesterday for the first time in ages. I remembered how much I used to like them. But honestly, it tasted so gross to me, like chemicals. And I felt awful afterwards. I think my tastebuds are just used to whole, natural foods now because that's mostly what I eat.

It's very interesting to me how things I used to like when I ate a very unhealthy diet (teenage years), don't taste good at all anymore.
#40 Old 03-08-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleycorn View Post

What almost no-one notices, is that carnivores are slowly -very slowly- getting disgusted at what they eat. Each generation, whilst apparently showing no inclination to vegetarianism, gradually gives up something gross forever. "My parents used to eat it". Haggis, offal, lights, tripe (brains), black puddings (blood), ox-tails, tongues, calves' heads... often revolt even ardent anti-veggie seniors.

I am going to guess that this is mostly because the meat people eat today has almost no mental connection to the animal it came from where those things are things that bring the mind the more disgusting aspects of it. You can't eat Haggis without thinking of what it is and that's to think of the dead animal.

It's crazy how our society makes the majority of the meat industry so behind the scenes. People know where it comes from but as they don't have to slaughter the animal themselves, or even get a hint of the fact that it was ever an animal, they can pretend it's not. But when you offer someone something called Head Cheese it's a little hard to ignore what it actually is.

Hopefully that'll lead to better things in the future, right now it just makes hypocrites.
#41 Old 03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I never feel disgusted by what I eat. If I felt it was disgusting, I wouldn't be eating it.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#42 Old 03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I get upset at myself when I eat things that are high in fat.
#43 Old 03-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a history of binging. It used to be on a whole cake or entire box of poptarts. Now it's usually way too many nuts or sesame sticks or veggie crisps. Better food, but you can still get fat eating too much, and I'm still trying to LOSE!

I am irritated that someone said there were these vegan poptarts and I ran right out and bought them. If you do weight watchers, you would know the significance of eatng 9pts all at once, when you get 21 for the day Sure they were all organic, blah, blah, blah, but the truth is I gave up poptarts before I even became a veg*n because I was on the verge of being diabetic and needed to lose weight for my blood pressure. So, why the mentality of running out to get them NOW, just because they were VEGAN. I can only say it must have been a brain fart. I bought 3 boxes of them, and I'm sure they cost a fortune. Well, after eating 2 envelopes (a pack a day for 2 days) they are now safely in storage and out of the way where they don't see me and I don't see them. Must lower blood pressure, must lower blood pressure, must lower blood pressure (chant with me!)
#44 Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Beginner

I feel gross if I don't exercise. Even if I slip up on eating, if I know I've been working hard it doesnt bother me as much!
#45 Old 03-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I never feel disgusted by what I eat. If I felt it was disgusting, I wouldn't be eating it.

I normally feel that way lol, except for Bacos. I eat large quantities of Bacos plain and after I'm done I sit there, thinking about how gross it is and how weird my hands smell now. Then I do it again a week later.
#46 Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Not since going veg*n I haven't. As an omni I did ocassionally, either feel literally sick, or just sick with myself for eating something.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page