The most hated Excuse EVER - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I hate it when people say "Thats horrible!" when you tell them about the cruelty behind the meat industry, but then say "But me not eating meat won't stop anything!"

Someone pointed it out to me its a lot like that Simpsons episode.

Lisa - "This is a terrible monstrosity, destroy it already!"

Homer - "I know, Lisa, but I'm just a man, what can I do?"

Lisa - "Get rid of the plant and stop the insanity"

Homer - "I wish I could, Lisa. But I'm just a man"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I remeber hearing this one from an old co-worker:

"Your body needs meat"

"With confidence, you have won before you have started" - Marcus Garvey
#33 Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkwolf View Post

I remeber hearing this one from an old co-worker:

"Your body needs meat"

I believe that is short for "Your body needs some of the things that meat contains but I am ignorant of the many vegetarian and vegan sources of those same nutrients."

Don't judge your co-worker too hard for being succinct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 01-13-2009, 03:38 PM

I got this lecture from a college tutor. He said that-

"If man had never eaten meat, he would never have got the protein he needed to develop and evolve from the primate stage". He went into great and boring detail.

My argument is this-even IF we did need meat to evolve, that time is clearly long gone.

But yeah, my most hated excuse is definitely "I would, but it tastes good" It contradicts itself for one thing. And it shows a clear lacking of moral fiber when someone would justify the killing of an innocent being for the sake of your tastebuds. I mean, what the hell, it's such a stupid excuse.

Morons. Ignorant morons. It never ceases to amaze me how people choose to live in blissful stupidity.
#35 Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh my bro said last night

"Who the heck is going to eat them then, we need to get rid of them some how"

My jaw dropped and I walked away. My bro also said that he learned that without eating meat we would not develop like we did into ourselves. I think WE DON'T NEED IT NOW! 'I also think, wait, our ancestries did not stuff them into tiny cages and burn and torture them, they are off the hook' but most people these days are not!

^Cool story, bro
#36 Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectSe7en View Post

"If man had never eaten meat, he would never have got the protein he needed to develop and evolve from the primate stage". He went into great and boring detail.

My argument is this-even IF we did need meat to evolve, that time is clearly long gone.

He's wrong, people only began eating meat fairly recently in evolutional terms. we didnt eat meat until the invention of tools, and fires which came from our undeveloped brains.

People brains didnt grow from eating meat, they grew from us being the eaten. we were the prey, and the hunted but we were able to start reasoning to save our species.
#37 Old 01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpa1 View Post

He's wrong, people only began eating meat fairly recently in evolutional terms. we didnt eat meat until the invention of tools, and fires which came from our undeveloped brains.

People brains didnt grow from eating meat, they grew from us being the eaten. we were the prey, and the hunted but we were able to start reasoning to save our species.

That's total nonsense. Mankind's large brain developed mostly from the large amounts of animal protein in their diet and they were eating raw meat long before the invention of fire.

Think with your head not your heart....Please!
#38 Old 01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

I've just recently changed from an 'omni' (an expression I find very childish) to a vegan, so I decided to seek out others that have the same preferences.

After reading this thread (and others) on this site, I realize that most vegetarians/vegans seem to be young and silly females, easily manipulated by current fashion trends.

Emdywanysookmacarret? (Hello, how are you doing?)
#39 Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectSe7en View Post

But yeah, my most hated excuse is definitely "I would, but it tastes good" It contradicts itself for one thing. And it shows a clear lacking of moral fiber when someone would justify the killing of an innocent being for the sake of your tastebuds. I mean, what the hell, it's such a stupid excuse.

Morons. Ignorant morons. It never ceases to amaze me how people choose to live in blissful stupidity.

Not really, it depends on where you want to draw the line between our ancestors and primates, and of course there is little known about meat consumption before the invention of tools. And while we have adapted to eating meat, it was more of a survival technique, the bigger selection you have the less likely you are to run out of food. In this day and age we don't have to worry about that anymore.
#40 Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey View Post

That's total nonsense. Mankind's large brain developed mostly from the large amounts of animal protein in their diet and they were eating raw meat long before the invention of fire.

Think with your head not your heart....Please!

I don't think it matters as much in present day because we DON'T NEED meat now a days. Yes, Most would like to think that we did not need meat to become the way we are but they does not mean that it is true....Besides I bet 10000 years ago or whatever they did not treat animals as we do today.

^Cool story, bro
#41 Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopey View Post

I've just recently changed from an 'omni' (an expression I find very childish) to a vegan, so I decided to seek out others that have the same preferences.

After reading this thread (and others) on this site, I realize that most vegetarians/vegans seem to be young and silly females, easily manipulated by current fashion trends.

Emdywanysookmacarret? (Hello, how are you doing?)

If you think Omni is Childish what do you suggest they are called?

Current Fashion Trends. Most people I see on hear are animal rights activists

For the last sentence....Do you really think that is appropriate?

^Cool story, bro
#42 Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreestylePup View Post

I don't think it matters as much in present day because we DON'T NEED meat now a days. Yes, Most would like to think that we did not need meat to become the way we are but they does not mean that it is true....Besides I bet 10000 years ago or whatever they did not treat animals as we do today.

Naivety is magic, isn't it!

Firstly, do you honestly think the current state of 'humankind' will stay constant? There will come a time when there will be no more supermarkets to shop in...What then?

Secondly, it's true, although it was millions of years ago.

Thirdly, they certainly were kinder to their domesticated animals, but not so nice to the wild animals running free in their own environment, driving them over cliffs in their hundreds or even thousands for instance!
#43 Old 01-14-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegPrincess View Post

I agree. People who say they try not to think about it frustrate me, sure, but i can empathize with them more. I think every omni-turned-vegetarian can remember a time (not too long ago for me) when he used to care about animals but when he sat down to eat meat didn't think about where his dinner is coming from, avoided making the connection with living beings,etc..(which as someone said is made easier by our society and the meat industry.I see the ham being sold at my supermarket has a happy dancing pig on it for goodness snake!! )

Then, one day, you realize u don't want to be a hypocrit anymore and do something about it!

And it feels much better!

exactly!!
#44 Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Veggie Regular

"They're here for us to eat, God made them for that reason."

Makes me irate from two aspects of my life.
#45 Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Beginner

The stupidest excuse I have gotten has to be "well I'm Mexican I could never stop eating meat" I was just so blown away by the ignorant comment that i didn't say anything. ???????????
#46 Old 01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoveggie View Post

The stupidest excuse I have gotten has to be "well I'm Mexican I could never stop eating meat" I was just so blown away by the ignorant comment that i didn't say anything. ???????????

Wow that is a stupid comment. I am Irish, German, British, Canadian, American, and Norwegian ...Somehow I did!!

^Cool story, bro
#47 Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 AM

let's face it theres basically two types of people in the world, people who know somethings wrong but wont do anything about it, and then theres people who take action

i think we should all take pride in being those people

one thing i love doing to close omni friends, is when they eat meat around me i start making the animal noises of what they are eating - when it comes to sausages or hamburger meat its a "oink oink mooooo cluck cluck squeak squeak (for a rat)" or making big puppy dog eyes to my boyfriend and say "everytime you eat meat, you eat something with the same mind as mee", he always chucks down the fork...
#48 Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

If people want to use animal based products, then I'm not going to stop them. The problem I have, is when they think they need some sort of excuse to do so.

In other words: I don't like any excuse! Just go buy and eat your meat, and shut up about it please.
#49 Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 PM

"Everyone else does it."

AAAARGH!
#50 Old 01-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Because the gnomes keep appearing in my porridge and sending me coded messages which only I can crack, the messages are anti-vegetarian and one of them reads K88%-N009OKL, which means 'fruit and vegetables experience higher levels of joy, pain, euphoria, sorrow, nostalgia and depression than human beings, and carrots possess an IQ of 5000'

Such a stupid excuse :angry:
#51 Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ You hear that one all the time......it s***s me off!

#52 Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh good, I thought I was the only one
#53 Old 01-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreestylePup View Post

Wow that is a stupid comment. I am Irish, German, British, Canadian, American, and Norwegian ...Somehow I did!!

LOL People are idiots.

I'm Italian, Slavic, British, Scottish and Dutch (aka Canadian LOL) and I've succeeded as well...!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page