little positive note to everyone here - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 PM

So I thought I'd just post a little inspirational thing on here I guess to new veggies and old ones. I've been a veg*n for about a year now (I'm lacto-ovo.. I know, I know... we're working on it. haha) I am incredibly happy with my life choice and feel I really am making a small difference in our world. Since I went vegetarian one of my best friends did as well and another cut down to only chicken. I have a guy I've been seeing for almost 6 months now. When I met him he had never even tried broccoli. He lived off meat and hot sauce. haha I'm slowly introducing him to new foods everyday. He had his first broccoli the other day haha as well as his first bowl of chili (veg chili of course haha). We're working on peas next haha I also cook with fake meat when he's with me and he actually likes it. He even buys it on his own to make tacos and stuff when we're not together. He doesn't think vegetarianism is weird anymore and I think I've opened up a lot of peoples minds. My mother has bought about 3 vegetarian cookbooks since I went veg and even my father will make me food and leave little notes saying "Don't worry! It's meat free" I made my own recipe for AMAZING gravy thats meat free, I'll have to post it sometime on here. Everyone at Thanksgiving loved it.

I guess my post is just to update on how awesome everything has been since I went veg and I really owe a lot of it to this site. I had so many questions and they were all answered here and talking to like minded people really solidified my decision to go veg which in turn has inspired others.

So I guess I'm just saying thanks to everyone

peace & <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Most excellent! Glad it's working out for you!

Yeah, VB is a pretty cool place!
#3 Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for letting us know how it's going. It's great to hear some positive stories!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

It is nice to see a note like yours. I too, owe a lot of my dedication to the support of VB. It's a great place!
#5 Old 12-16-2008, 10:35 PM

Awesome...sooo happy for you...Thanx for sharing the stories

Peace Love and Happiness

Jenn
#6 Old 12-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I love positive notes.
#7 Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 AM

There are so many posts about anti-veg'ism and so few great ones like this. You must be a really awesome person to have such a positive effect on so many people! Keep it up. :-)
#8 Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Thats really awesome.
#9 Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Congrats! I'm glad to hear it's going so well!
#10 Old 12-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

What a fantastic post! I'm so happy you're doing well and have support around you

Happy one year Veggieversary!!
#11 Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherann027 View Post

So I thought I'd just post a little inspirational thing on here I guess to new veggies and old ones. I've been a veg*n for about a year now (I'm lacto-ovo.. I know, I know... we're working on it. haha) I am incredibly happy with my life choice and feel I really am making a small difference in our world. Since I went vegetarian one of my best friends did as well and another cut down to only chicken. I have a guy I've been seeing for almost 6 months now. When I met him he had never even tried broccoli. He lived off meat and hot sauce. haha I'm slowly introducing him to new foods everyday. He had his first broccoli the other day haha as well as his first bowl of chili (veg chili of course haha). We're working on peas next haha I also cook with fake meat when he's with me and he actually likes it. He even buys it on his own to make tacos and stuff when we're not together. He doesn't think vegetarianism is weird anymore and I think I've opened up a lot of peoples minds. My mother has bought about 3 vegetarian cookbooks since I went veg and even my father will make me food and leave little notes saying "Don't worry! It's meat free" I made my own recipe for AMAZING gravy thats meat free, I'll have to post it sometime on here. Everyone at Thanksgiving loved it.

I guess my post is just to update on how awesome everything has been since I went veg and I really owe a lot of it to this site. I had so many questions and they were all answered here and talking to like minded people really solidified my decision to go veg which in turn has inspired others.

peace & <3

What a nice post. Thank you.
#12 Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Beginner

awww, congrats!!!I love hearing positive things
#13 Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherann027 View Post

peace & <3

that is awesome heather! Don't preach but rather attract,when people ask me how i lost 30 lbs i tell them veggie lifestyle change and exercise, people says i got my color back an I look healthy

You know who turned me on to being a vegetarian was sir paul mccartney, he is 67 and looks great. I also look at some celebrities who are vegetarians and see how they look good

great note,kep it up Mike
#14 Old 12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Thanks guys
#15 Old 12-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Veggie Regular

good job for taking time out of whatever if you have in your day to post this little positive note you did it just to make other people happy, not just yourself, and i appreciate that....also congrats with everything, of course.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page