A blood type that requires you to eat meat? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Yesterday someone told me after learning that I was vegetarian that some people are of a bloodgroup that makes them have to eat meat.

Personally I dont see how this can possibly be but I didnt have any concrete evidence to say it was wrong, so I just said something like 'I never knew that, i'll have to look it up.' Can anyone shed light on this?

I really just dont see how it can be true, specially when you think that some societies are strictly vegetarian, so no one would eat meat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=91464

This is a thread on this a while back. Supposedly the blood type that requires meat is O. Which is my bloodtype, and is also the most common blood type. I do fine as a veggie.Total myth. Apparently the research behind this is based on the supposed areas that the blood types evolved in, and the common diet there. Which is totally irrelevant anyway because few people can trace their heritage exactly, and someone from Asia can have children with someone in Africa if they hop on a plane even if they can trace their heritage back a long time in that area.
#3 Old 12-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Beginner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm type O Postitive...
#5 Old 12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Total quack science.
#6 Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^Agree with post above

I do not understand/What it is I've done wrong/Full of holes/Check for pulse/Blink your eyes/One for yes/Two for no/I have no idea what I am talking about/I am trapped in this body and can't get out-Radiohead
#7 Old 12-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

So many people tell me that. I just laugh hysterically, and they get the point.
#8 Old 12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm type O+ too. Huh, I guess I should look forward to dying any day now...
#9 Old 12-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgyJff View Post

I'm type O+ too. Huh, I guess I should look forward to dying any day now...

Oh yeah, you're probably half way there and you don't even know it yet. Better get some meat quick. Us O+ are carnivores. We wither and die like a plant without the sun whenever our hotdogs and hamburgers are taken away....
#10 Old 12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

It's been reasonably refuted as not good science

http://www.vegsource.com/articles/blood_hype.htm

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#11 Old 12-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

It's possible that some people could have genetic reasons that they wouldn't do as well on a veggie diet -- say, some sort of digestive enzyme deficiency or defect -- but blood type really has nothing to do with it. This whole blood type stuff is based on Japanese pseudoscience from the 1920s popularized by Masahiko Nomi in the 70s, then grafted with other bits of psuedoscience afterwards. It's astrology with antigens.

Celiac disease means you can't digest gluten, can't enjoy most bread or seitan, etc, making it harder to be vegetarian. Soy allergy means you react adversely to soy, restricting your options for veggie foods. O+ blood means jack **** unless your blood is going to be mixed with someone else's, through pregnancy or transfusion.
#12 Old 12-12-2008, 05:53 PM

I read "The Blood Type Diet" and it lost me within the first few pages. My husband is on a low carb diet, would happily live on 100% meat, and feels sick and dizzy if he eats a single meal without meat in it, and he is a type "A" that according to the author should be a vegan! I'm a type "B" and should be eating rabbits and other animals that I wouldn't have considered even as an omnivore because they are so cute! We eat what we want and don't interfere with each other's choices, thank goodness, because I feel sick and dizzy if I don't get enough carbs. I think my type was supposed to avoid grains, if I remember correctly!
#13 Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM

So many People have told me about this too....I am O negative...hehe sooo fitting and am always told that People Like me need meat for proper health and blah blah blah....I have been a Veggie for 18 years Tomorrow and I am doing Okey Dokey.

Peace Love and Happiness

Jenn
#14 Old 12-12-2008, 11:00 PM

I'm O negative too, and appart from being overweight with too much crisp munching, I feel fine after years of not eating meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page