trying to find local Thanksgiving unturkey potluck - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-13-2003, 10:15 PM

When I was in L.A. Vegetarian Society and Earthsave were sponsoring and organizing annual Thanksgiving unturkey potlucks in the afternoon and it was a big hit, a huge success. I really miss them and I met a lot of great people. Now, I'm in Miami, which I'm less than thrilled about, and all I can find is a catered book signing event that you have to pay for. I was really bummed and depressed when I learned that. I feel like I'm in the boondocks in unveg-friendly he** and I'm craving social interaction. You wouldn't believe how depressing it is here and how vegans, let alone vegetarians there are here! My husband were really looking forward to attending an afternoon potluck and are really bummed that all we can have is our own traditional vegan thanksgiving lunch meal. We enjoy it, but we want to be with others. Does anyone live in Miami or near and know of anything? We'd be so thrilled if we could find something. I don't miss L.A. at all, but I do miss all the cool veg/organic people there! Okay, well, now that I'm completely depressed. *sigh* Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks vegan pals!

Earthwriter/Dayna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwriter View Post

When I was in L.A. Vegetarian Society and Earthsave were sponsoring and organizing annual Thanksgiving unturkey potlucks in the afternoon and it was a big hit, a huge success. I really miss them and I met a lot of great people. Now, I'm in Miami, ... Does anyone live in Miami or near and know of anything? ... Any help and ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Earthwriter/Dayna

If you are from LA, then you should be familiar with the Vegetarians in Paradise website. That website has a directory of vegetarian associations throughout the US.

http://www.vegparadise.com/directory.html

It looks like there is an EarthSave chapter in Miami and some sort of vegetarian singles group.

Try contacting EarthSave Miami and see what they are doing for Thanksgiving.

http://miami.earthsave.org
#3 Old 11-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

We are throwing an "after-Thanksgiving" party (a tradition among my friends for some years). Since we are hosting, the food served at our gathering will be vegan. This has been such a nice tradition for us (even pre-veg); I hope that anyone who feels alienated or alone at Thankgiving -- for food reasons or any reason -- could throw something like this together. It's really nice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page