I just ate meat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By gillibean
  • 1 Post By gillibean
  • 1 Post By rabid_child

#1 Old 06-16-2008, 02:01 PM

So I have been vegan for about 9 months. I fasted yesterday and today I decided since I was empty I wanted to test the effects of meat and see how my body would respond to it. I grabbed a hamburger out of the freezer that my mom keeps and I cooked it up on a little george foreman grill...

The first thing I noticed is that it had to be cooked, there is no way I could of ate that without it being cooked. This defies logic on the reason that if we were meant to eat meat we could do so naturally. The paleolithic theory is based on the idea that our appendix use to be used for digesting raw twigs, and grasses, so the hypothesis is that we are naturally vegetarians.

The taste; edible. I have eaten meat growing up and it's dense. Very fatty. The fat would puss out of the meat. Meat has bad cholesterol, LDL. You want high levels of HDL only found in vegetable products.

I didn't need to eat that to be healthy. I also think that excessive meat intake could be EXTREMELY bad for you. If I eat meat I think fish is my first choice. It would be an evolutionary advantage to be able to eat meat if we were starving. I personally think bugs would probably be a large portion of our diet. Considering most primates eat bugs and what not. I hear it tastes like shellfish.

So, my ultimate conclusion; meat is not necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm confused. I don't really understand why you felt the need to eat meat to decide if it was necessary or not.

Also, plants do not have HDL cholesterol... They don't have any cholesterol. They may, however, raise your HDL cholesterol and lower your LDL...
#3 Old 06-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm confused as well. None of the reasons you mentioned required eating meat to find the answers, except how your body reacts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 PM

I would definitely kill and destroy for my own health.
#5 Old 06-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaenk View Post

You don't need to do so. Plant based diets are much healthier and involve much less cruelty.
Gillian Kendall likes this.
#6 Old 06-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:

so you cooked a hamburger and ate it? huh?
#7 Old 06-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post

You don't need to do so. Plant based diets are much healthier and involve much less cruelty.

Im definitely not disagreeing with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey View Post

so you cooked a hamburger and ate it? huh?

Yeah, I when ever I eat meat it does something to my brain. It twitches out and I almost get a tension headache. I think it's good for me, and especially with fish I get this weird amount of energy afterwards that lasts a few hours. Then the effects are gone and I am left where I started which makes me think that I didn't have to eat it in the first place but I wonder if it wasn't good for me.

I am anemic but I suffer no symptoms lately. Vegetarian diet has shown my nothing but positive results, I never get sick. Meh
#8 Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bells View Post

Also, plants do not have HDL cholesterol... They don't have any cholesterol. They may, however, raise your HDL cholesterol and lower your LDL...

HDL cholesterol is very good for you, it prevents heart disease. Good oils are found in avocado's, nuts, beans, and banana's and a variety of other fruits and so on.
#9 Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm still very confused on why you ate meat after being vegan. What did you get out of it? Was it really worth it balanced against the cows life?
#10 Old 06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't believe I need to keep reminding people that these are VEGETARIAN boards. Eat whatever the heck you want, but if it's not vegetarian, keep it to yourself.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#11 Old 06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

I can't believe I need to keep reminding people that these are VEGETARIAN boards. Eat whatever the heck you want, but if it's not vegetarian, keep it to yourself.

#12 Old 06-16-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post

I'm still very confused on why you ate meat after being vegan. What did you get out of it? Was it really worth it balanced against the cows life?

Well the hypothesis is that we're hunters and gatherers. When we were all but wee natives we would hunt and gather for food. Often times the only food available especially in the winter would be meat. Things like rats, foul, rabbits, fish. We would of naturally evolved to be able to eat meat as a survival tactic. Now I am stating that we are at a core herbivores based on my hypothesis of our genetic relation to primates and our appendix.

I also know meat IS protein. If you eat meat there is protein inside of it. Complete protein and there's also a lot of iron in meat.

Life is chaos. Life thrives on death. I ultimately am a vegan because of animal cruelty and because it's very bad for the environment but I don't close the fact that eating meat may be good for us because almost all native tribes and native ancestors ate meat leading me to believe that it is in fact a natural thing.

Regardless, animal cruelty is out of control. At least my province has laws that try to protect its animals. They're becoming stricter soon as well and we account for 70% of Canada's beef.
#13 Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well the hypothesis is that we're hunters and gatherers. When we were all but wee natives we would hunt and gather for food. Often times the only food available especially in the winter would be meat. Things like rats, foul, rabbits, fish. We would of naturally evolved to be able to eat meat as a survival tactic. Now I am stating that we are at a core herbivores based on my hypothesis of our genetic relation to primates and our appendix.

I also know meat IS protein. If you eat meat there is protein inside of it. Complete protein and there's also a lot of iron in meat.

Life is chaos. Life thrives on death. I ultimately am a vegan because of animal cruelty and because it's very bad for the environment but I don't close the fact that eating meat may be good for us because almost all native tribes and native ancestors ate meat leading me to believe that it is in fact a natural thing.

Regardless, animal cruelty is out of control. At least my province has laws that try to protect its animals. They're becoming stricter soon as well and we account for 70% of Canada's beef.

That doesn't even remotely answer my questions. You didn't need to try meat again to know any of this.
#14 Old 06-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't see any way that this isn't going to become a battle. If you really feel like having this conversation swaenk, start a thread in the compost heap. I'm closing this, but keep in mind, we aren't obliged to keep people around on these boards who eat meat/promote meat eating.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page