Pleasant Dining Out Experience - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

A couple of co-workers and I went to dinner last night to celebrate a birthday and I was pleasantly surprised by my waiter when I asked him for some "non-meat" options. He offered a mushroom enchilada, which I declined because I'd eaten mushroom soup for lunch and well, was mushroomed out. Then he said salad, and the last thing I wanted on a 40 degree night was a cold salad, so I asked for a burrito sans chicken with a bean substitute. He asked if we could wait for a minute and returned to tell me that the head chef offered to prepare me a grilled veggie burrito....YAY!!!!!! Needless to say, I completely over ate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool!

I love it when stuff like that happens.
#3 Old 10-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Banned

Awesome! Some places that have fajitas will make vegetable ones with onions, peppers, zucchini, squash, stuff like that. Yum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I get the occasional experience like that. It's when you know the cook is really a chef.
#5 Old 10-23-2003, 06:11 PM

How wonderful! When stuff like that happens to me in a restraurant I feel like grabbing the waiteperson and spinning them around with glee like we're on a ballroom dance floor. Cool! You know what else too? Maybe, just maybe, they'll consider putting it on the menu seeing as you liked it and all.
#6 Old 10-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I will move this to vegan and vegetarian.
#7 Old 10-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

That's awesome!
#8 Old 10-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

a friend of mine works in a high-end print shop and often his customers will pay the company in barter, with gift certificates and free products. one year around xmas time my friend got $400 in gift certificates for a very expensive and trendy restaurant and invited my husband and i out with him there. we were a little worried because the menu we looked at ahead of time was meat and seafood based, all gourmet, but went anyway if only to enjoy some salad and a lot of free drinks.

when we arrived we told the waiter about our dietary restrictions and he went and spoke to the cook. this place was fancy! the appetizers were $20 a plate! so we were hoping to hear that the chef would accept the challenge of creating a vegan meal for us, and he did!

we ended up with some beautiful grilled veggies bruschetta as our appetizers, a lovely endive, cabbage and walnut salad with raspberry dressing, steamed lemony potatoes and a gorgeous, rich, porcini mushroom phyllo dough pastry with a light red wine gravy on the side. for dessert her served us huge bowls of raspberry, orange and lime sorbet with mint.

it was truly the greatest vegan dining experience i've ever had. we literally had to slap the hands of our omni friends who were drooling over what we'd been served, instead of their own fancy fish or steaks.

all restaurants should be that accomodating.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page