Karma at work on a Circus protest! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-13-2003, 07:03 PM

just came home from a protest i've been to, against the "Circus of Europe" that includes "domesticated" animals in it's acts, meaning donkeys, horses, cats and dogs, (wild animal acts are no longer allowed in Israel) all "persuaded" to entertain the cold-hearted.

after holding signs, handing out flyers, and talking to visitros near the box office, i manged to convince a family not to enter! gave me a great feeling, really made my evening.

and now as i came home, there was a news item in the papers, that during that very show the horse fell down on the crowd and injured 7 people.

i know it's silly, but i toy with the idea that maybe the family, a mother and 3 little children , that i convinced not to enter might have been the one injured unless i was there.

almost everyone that did enter, did that despite of the protest, and received a leaflet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-13-2003, 07:08 PM

cant say that it would of, cant say that it wouldnt of saved them. but thats trippy. G00d On ya for doing that.
#3 Old 10-13-2003, 07:12 PM

That's really cool that you took the time to protest it! It's too bad that people got hurt, but I don't see how people can go to the circus anymore. I mean, there has been so much publicity about how the animals are treated- most people I know won't have anything to do with the circus because of what they've seen and heard.

On a side note, I *would* love to go to the Cirque de Soleil (sp?). Now *that's* a circus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

We will very likely be protesting the cirus when it comes to town in Nov..
#5 Old 10-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Banned

I haven't been to a Circus protest for sometime. While I go purely for the animals' sake, the invitations to fight and threats of beatings by the Circus folk are an added bonus.
#6 Old 10-13-2003, 08:14 PM

At a quick skim I read, "Kurm at work on a Circus protest!"

That is awesome veganium! I would love to do something like that one day. I'm sure it feels good to have done that. It's also a little less $$ going to the circus. Good for you for getting the word out.
#7 Old 10-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope the family saw that same news item and thankfully thought of you.
#8 Old 10-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

one of my mom's neighbours was telling us about how her daughter, who used to babysit me, is also now vegetarian and into AR. she decided to protest the circus when it came to town and though her parents thought she was nuts for wanting to do it, they went with her because they were afraid for her safety if she went alone. so they all wore matching anti-circus tshirts

if i'd known about it ahead of time i would have gone with them but i wasn't in town that weekend

even if you only convinced one family not to go in, all the other people you gave information to are probably thinking real hard about it after seeing the accident with the horse.

i hope the horse is ok

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#9 Old 10-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool! I wanna do that one day but I haven't heard of any circuses around here though there was one near whereever Prince Harry's staying in Aus because it was on the news of how shocked the locals were that he didn't go.
#10 Old 10-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

That's great...and what you did might have a ripple effect if that family encourages people they know not to go to future circuses. I hope the horse didn't get injured also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page