Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 3.0 - Page 65 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1921 Old 08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

Hi.....

Can Anybody help me ??I want to change my type into vegitarian...

Jhon Parker

Illinois Drug Treatment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1922 Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkar1234 View Post

Hi.....

Can Anybody help me ??I want to change my type into vegitarian...

Jhon Parker

Illinois Drug Treatment

Um...
#1923 Old 08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

I reported the post, I think it's spam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1924 Old 08-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I reported the post, I think it's spam.

Which one? I hope not my carrot baby! Truth be told, I haven't read every post in this thread b/c it's rather long.
#1925 Old 08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

I didn't drink the milk and I didn't eat the meat...and that 1st baby was a big fat healthy 9 lbs 3 oz ...

No one bothered me about milk or meat after that.

Wow, that is one healthy, big baby! I am a big chicken when I think about giving birth to a baby 9 pounds and up.
#1926 Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganNC View Post

Wow, that is one healthy, big baby! I am a big chicken when I think about giving birth to a baby 9 pounds and up.

My doctors all told me it was "a lot of retained water" and the baby was "about 6 lbs"....idiots.

I only had the normal fears and / or concerns when they told me that.....they meant it though, they weren't trying to calm me or anything...they also gave me a due date of December 1st...he was born January 13th.....I think that had a lot to do with it, too..LOL

I switched doctors after that..

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#1927 Old 08-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

She's what I call a trendarian. It's cool to pretend to be a vegetarian.

actually i just made that up. works though.

It works perfectly!! Especially for BS like this:

"I'm what is technically called a "flexitarian"

This basically means I have my own set of rules which are somewhat vegetarian. I eat poultry and seafood. People have asked me why I eat poultry but not red meat and I don't really have a good answer except for that pigs and cows are way closer to being human. The fact that they are mammals and super-smart animals makes me view them not as meat. When I see ground hamburger I see a cow, not a yummy cheeseburger. This flexible way of being a vegetarian is ideal for me because I don't have to worry about not getting the correct blend of proteins and such since I do get some animal proteins. Also cows raised to provide humans with meat and cheese and milk produce a TON of the methane that is released into the atmosphere and they use up so much energy. Red meat is not an energy-efficient or environmentally friendly food."

WTF!

I was stunned into silence by this one!

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#1928 Old 08-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I cooked some tofu last night and a few people in my house wanted to taste it. so I gave them a bit, it was honey soy flavour i think, and very nice.

well anyhow, one person tasted and sed yea its ok but itd be a bit bland without any flavouring so i said yea, it is supposed to be like that. you are supposed to flavour it. so then again they said, no i mean it wouldnt have much flavour without the seasoning so again i said, yes, it needs to be seasoned when u cook it. and still, they said, It just wouldnt taste like anything without the seasoning. I just looked at them, smiled, nodded and said you know what, your right.... thankfully they were happy with that response from me.

but i had sed the same thing, well i thought, 3 times in a roll... lol.
#1929 Old 08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

My extremely almost carnivore father looked at the plate my mom had (I cooked a stir fry with tofu and we both ate it) picked up a piece of tofu, asked what it was and immediately popped it in his mouth. I watched him chew and he shook his head like he liked it... then I said it was tofu. He immediately went to the garbage can and spit it out... unbelievable.

He liked it until he found out it was tofu.
#1930 Old 08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatrelife101 View Post

My extremely almost carnivore father looked at the plate my mom had (I cooked a stir fry with tofu and we both ate it) picked up a piece of tofu, asked what it was and immediately popped it in his mouth. I watched him chew and he shook his head like he liked it... then I said it was tofu. He immediately went to the garbage can and spit it out... unbelievable.

He liked it until he found out it was tofu.

I just dont get it. people like it until they find out it is tofu and then they cant believe it.. yet they can enjoy a rotting carcass in their mouth.

gross
#1931 Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpa1 View Post

I just dont get it. people like it until they find out it is tofu and then they cant believe it.. yet they can enjoy a rotting carcass in their mouth.

gross

I KNOW!!! It makes no sense whatsoever!!! He was being such a .
#1932 Old 08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurendancer View Post

it's a chia.

haha.

which is a plant.

maybe they like the picture, i sure do! =)

I don't know why... I just think "Chia Mr. T" is the most hilarious thing. And of course, I love chia seeds.
#1933 Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirpa1 View Post

gross

oh i know!

my brother absolutely will not eat any tofu, just because it's tofu.

i showed him a picture of some grilled tofu, and asked him if it looked good and he said yes.

then i told him it was tofu.

then he said "huh"

#1934 Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm at a friends house for a birthday get together thing and we're all outside having drinks on the back porch when they all decide to fish from the lake. Quite a few people know how I feel about it but it's a free country so I don't say anything. As soon as he catches one, I go inside. I hear them all yelling and being all excited. Apparently it's a bass, a big one. I hear them trying to get the hook out of his eye. It makes me super sad. When everything calms down I go back outside with everyone. A few people are looking at me. Finally my freind who knows exactly how I feel says,

"What's the big deal? It's just a fish."

I took a deep breath and ignored him. Sometimes people are stupid but I'm glad that by being around them I make them look at themselves and their actions a little harder. I hope this doesn't become an all the time thing cause their back deck is gorgeous.
#1935 Old 08-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbnny View Post

I hear them trying to get the hook out of his eye. It makes me super sad.

That is very, very, sad
#1936 Old 08-20-2008, 08:21 AM

(Shopping)

Mom: Let's pick up some sugar-free Jell-o while we're here.

Me: Eww, no thanks Mom. It has geleten in it.

Mom: Oh, so you don't eat geleten either?

Me: ... It's part of being vegetarian Mom... (which she should know: she was a vegetarian in high school too)

Later...

Mom: So, are you going Muslim?

Me: Huh? "Going" Muslim?

Mom: Muslims don't eat geletin.

Me: wtf? No! Don't they eat like beef and stuff?

Mom: Yeah...

Mom enjoys psycho-analyzing me. She wants to know the "real" reason I went veggie. Rebellion perhaps? Health paranoia? Propaganda? *ugh*

Quote:

"I'm what is technically called a "flexitarian"

I was at band camp last week, and our band is awesome in that on hamburger night they would serve boca burgers too, there were options on Chick-file nights, etc.

Well, it was chicken sandwich night and I was the only one at my table of friends with the alternative, and it was the first time most of them learned of my switch. Then my friend, who was busy scarfing chicken flesh, proclaimed "Oh, me too!"

I'm like, uh, look at your plate?

"Oh, I just avoid beef. Beef is gross. Chicken is ok. Except I'll eat like hotdogs and stuff."

"Huh?"

"At least I was a vegetarian before you were!" laughing ensues.

"At least I'm a real vegetarian..."

"Yeah..." *goes back to eating*
#1937 Old 08-20-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:

I'm at a friends house for a birthday get together thing and we're all outside having drinks on the back porch when they all decide to fish from the lake. Quite a few people know how I feel about it but it's a free country so I don't say anything. As soon as he catches one, I go inside. I hear them all yelling and being all excited. Apparently it's a bass, a big one. I hear them trying to get the hook out of his eye. It makes me super sad. When everything calms down I go back outside with everyone. A few people are looking at me. Finally my freind who knows exactly how I feel says,

I took a deep breath and ignored him. Sometimes people are stupid but I'm glad that by being around them I make them look at themselves and their actions a little harder. I hope this doesn't become an all the time thing cause their back deck is gorgeous.

I'm really sorry about that. The fact that your "friend" practically picks on you in front of everyone, adding insult to injury, is just inexcusable. I remember back when I was an omni and I used to fish for fun *why did I do that?!*, the last fish I caught that day had the hook through its eye. I thought I was gonna bawl my eyes out. I was guilty for the rest of the day, and I've never done that tricking-and-killing thing ever again.
#1938 Old 08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I only had the normal fears and / or concerns when they told me that.....they meant it though, they weren't trying to calm me or anything...they also gave me a due date of December 1st...he was born January 13th.....I think that had a lot to do with it, too..LOL

I switched doctors after that..

Not cool. Luckily, these days, it's A LOT better. They can practically tell you what date the baby was conceived

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

I don't know why... I just think "Chia Mr. T" is the most hilarious thing. And of course, I love chia seeds.

I think it's funny!

Quote:

"What's the big deal? You're just a moron." *punch in stomach*

Violence is my solution to this issue
#1939 Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_fiend View Post

I'm really sorry about that. The fact that your "friend" practically picks on you in front of everyone, adding insult to injury, is just inexcusable. I remember back when I was an omni and I used to fish for fun *why did I do that?!*, the last fish I caught that day had the hook through its eye. I thought I was gonna bawl my eyes out. I was guilty for the rest of the day, and I've never done that tricking-and-killing thing ever again.

He does that though. It's just his way. He also goes the extra mile and checks all the ingredients of things and buys me something special if he knows I'm coming over. He's a great guy but he drinks and picks on me. I sass him back. It's our thing I guess. He is from West Virginia so I can't blame him too much

I went fishing one time in my whole life and it was a lot fun. Until I caught something, that is. It's good that at least some of us wake up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

"What's the big deal? You're just a moron." *punch in stomach*

Violence is my solution to this issue

Yeah, I wanted to say, "Oh ok, no big deal huh? Come here and let me stick this hook thing through your cheek and into your eye. Don't worry I'll rip it out in a minute after I suffocate you for awhile."

Yup, I should have punched him in the stomach
#1940 Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Today, I was sitting at my desk eating some excellent leftover cholent (stew recipe from The Veganomicon, but with MSF Grillers instead of TVP), and an acquaintance of mine walks over.

He: That smells really good! Can I try some?

Me: Ummm . . . okay . . . sure.

We have a bunch of clean plastic forks and spoons and such in a corner of our cube area (which I am now rethinking). So he grabs a fork, digs into my lunch and takes a HUGE bite.

He: OMG, that is so good! I just got back from India, and I have been missing beef!

Me: Well, you're still missing it.

He: Huh?

Me: Well . . . There are a BUNCH of assorted vegetarian stickers all over my cube, and I'm drinking out of a PETA coffee mug . . .

He: . . . . . . . . . . . Oh, really? But it tasted really good.
#1941 Old 08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah132 View Post

I was at band camp last week, and our band is awesome in that on hamburger night they would serve boca burgers too, there were options on Chick-file nights, etc.

Well, it was chicken sandwich night and I was the only one at my table of friends with the alternative, and it was the first time most of them learned of my switch. Then my friend, who was busy scarfing chicken flesh, proclaimed "Oh, me too!"

I'm like, uh, look at your plate?

"Oh, I just avoid beef. Beef is gross. Chicken is ok. Except I'll eat like hotdogs and stuff."

"Huh?"

"At least I was a vegetarian before you were!" laughing ensues.

"At least I'm a real vegetarian..."

"Yeah..." *goes back to eating*

I don't know why, but I found this story really funny! I love how you responded there, because it's true and shows her that just because she was "vegetarian" first doesn't mean she's any better. In fact, she's not even vegetarian!
#1942 Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnWynd View Post

he felt not eating meat was stupid, his response to me why I should eat meat is ...

"You are a predator, your eyes are in the front of your head, you should be hunting and eating meat"

WHAT?!!? I was totally speechless.

LOL! You should tell him that his eyes are in front of his head also and he should be hunting and eating berries & figs! LOL.
#1943 Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Beginner

Our cousin has been staying with us for the past ten days, gave me a few gems:

Cousin: Why do you have all this organic stuff?

Mom: You know what organic means right?

Cousin: Yeah, it's when they add stuff to the food to make it taste better.

(At the dinner table after swimming in the hot springs all day.)

Cousin: They should really add some chemicals to those though. (These hot srings flow into the Yampa River, which goes into the Green River, and then into the Colorado...he knows this.)

Mom: What, and kill all the fish?!

Cousin: Yeah, but it would save me!

These hot springs are just as clean as a chemical-loaded pool. Which reminds me, he also said something about "It's not technically swimming unless you're in a pool."

And now, my personal favorite:

Brother: It really bugs me when people think fish isn't meat.

Cousin: Fish isn't meat, it's poultry.

This is a high school graduate who took multiple cooking courses. He really is nice, just not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
#1944 Old 08-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarcake View Post

Brother: It really bugs me when people think fish isn't meat.

Cousin: Fish isn't meat, it's poultry.

That is perhaps the greatest thing I have ever heard!!
#1945 Old 08-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Veggie Regular

"Do you really believe the ingredients list on the back?"

"uh... for allergy purposes? Yeah. Would NOT be worth lying.."

But seriously, I'm always thinking--frankly, i dont see why a company would "sneak" animal products in and then lie about it--so they can giggle about tricking the silly veg*ns? And even if it was a mistake, which omnis sometimes point out--at least I'm making a pretty safe bet, vs eating something that has "gelatin" listed as the 2nd ingredient... *shrug* i donno, I just get this often enough that I had to post it.
#1946 Old 08-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Veggie Regular

"I'm a traditionalist." My husband explaining why we must have an animal carcass on the table for Thanksgiving.

I'm not going to fight this one any more. He gets his dead bird this year. I'll do the rest of the menu and prove that the turkey is not necessary.
#1947 Old 08-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarcake View Post

Fish isn't meat, it's poultry.

With all the redundancy in this thread, it's great to see someone reaching such levels of originality in their stupidity.

--Fromper

#1948 Old 08-21-2008, 01:25 PM

I just had to add...

My step mother-in-law is not the brightest, but boy did she out do herself with this genius comment:

We are all grilling out burgers one night, I had my Boca burger. She turns to me during dinner and says:

Her: "Why are you eating that?"

Me: "Because I am vegetarian."

Her: "But do you eat fish?"

Me: "No."

Her: "But fish isn't a meat; it's a vegetable."

Me: "I don't eat animal flesh."

Her: "But it's not flesh, that would be the scales. You would eat the inside."

I just had to stop and try not to laugh as her husband explained to her that a fish was indeed an animal and that the flesh is the part you eat.

Really? How ignorant can you be?
#1949 Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc2009 View Post

Her: "But fish isn't a meat; it's a vegetable."

OH NO! She discovered the secret fish plant!!!
#1950 Old 08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I honestly can't see the point in not eating meat, our bodies are geared up for it after all millions of years of evolution cant be wrong

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page