Stupid Things Omnivores Say, Version 3.0 - Page 48 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#1411 Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamrthroer View Post

My favorite thing people who have know for years that I am a vegitarian do is when we are talking about cooking and I say "brown some Sausage" they say "you mean Vegetarian Sausage right?" Like I require them to say "I had a meat steak for dinner", or "For breakfast I had eggs from a chicken, meat sausage and a glass of cow's milk". I can 't tell it's because their simple or wishfull thinking.

Yeah, I've gotten that one too. It's funny... since I've been a vegetarian for so long, I think of the "real" items as the "weird" ones. I say cow's milk and use just plain "milk" for my soy milk. When talking about sausage (made biscuits and gravy yesterday ), I say either veggie or just sausage for my soy stuff. And since no one knows where sausage comes from, I can't specify the animal "I'm going to go eat sausage, you go eat your pig intestines aka meat sausage."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1412 Old 07-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Beginner

This girl once asked me in class, "You're a vegetarian? So if you were stuck on a desert island how would you survive?"

I blinked almost ready to POP. "There's no such thing as a desert island it's properly called a DESERTED island, where there are plants for me to eat!" She was like, "Oooooh, I always thought it was like a deserted island with animals and no plants..."

Right, because animals on deserted islands eat sand. In fact it's just a clump of sand in the middle of the Pacific with cows. They eat sand. It's salty so it's like a cowlick. HEAVEN forbid someone get stuck there. The cows, who have gone mad from all the salt, will probably eat YOU. Cows are usually vegetarian unless they're on small islands and have had too much salt. Then they turn into cold-blooded killers.

People act like being a veg*n is a transitory thing....I'm very serious when I say: If it were the end of the world and plants were scarce to the point of never regrowing and there were only animals I wouldn't eat anything.I'd drink a half-cup of seawater everyday and scavenge for seaweed to sustain myself. That's about it.Besides the vegetarian animals would die and then the carnivorous animals would die right behind them.

And we'd die off somewhere in the middle, so the carnivores would have the brief pleasure of taking off some of our population until we all broke down and became dust once more.

Part II

This boy in my class said, "For every animal you don't eat I'mma eat six."

Then he grinned and called me a "faggy veg."So I said, "Six animals? I hope you get six types of cancer. And for every vegetable you don't eat I'll eat them all."

It wasn't the six animals bit either...it was the "faggy veg." That ticked me off. Yes, I'm a gay vegetarian, got a problem!?

Part III

It was 30 mins. before Philosophy class began and I was talking to a classmate. So she offered me some of her burger because she couldn't eat it all and obviously I said, "No thanks." So her friend, this vapid little bug-eyed creep called Vanessa says, "Why you dzon't want da burga? It's sooo good."

I said, "I don't eat animals."

Her eyes got really wide and she said, "YOU DON'T EAT ANIMALS!?"

I said, "No, I don't. Does that bother you?"

She said, (screamed rather) "YOU A VEGETARIAN!?"

I clenched my fists and said, "Yes, that's the basic definition of a vegetarian."

She sucked her teeth and said, "Weeeeeeelll, God put animalz here for us to consume, so we gotta dzo the natural thing, you know what I mean?" *bites into burger and makes pleasurable sounds* "It's a cow, it's not like I'm eatin' a baby." *looks upward* "Thank you Gawd for dis wondzaful meal of meat, Amen!"

I simply smiled at her and said, "There's cow sh*t in your mouth right now."

(It was a Big Mac)

She kinda freaked out and left the room.
#1413 Old 07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrple View Post

Oh my god. I did a google search, and look what I found:

http://www.powerofmeat.com/

"If meat wasnt already a good naturally occurring food designed for our bodies, it wouldnt be so hard to get what we need in vegetable form."

"The fact is, meat is the most naturally occurring, well balanced and easily obtained and digested package of proteins, essential acids and source of iron and Vitamin B 12 that you can find. Somehow you must find and consume all of the things that meat provides so that your body can stay healthy. A meat based high protein diet is good for you. Even vegetarians are realizing they need meat in their diet."

What a load of ****.

Wow, that sure convinced me! Just look at all of the veggies who are turning away en masse and picking up a rack of ribs! Boy, they're going to have to rename this place LardBoards if we lose any more members!

How could I have been so naive to think I shouldn't eat bacon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Thank you, Power of Meat!

slops, gloops, and gruels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1414 Old 07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I have heaps of friends who were or are vegetarians that eat fish..
#1415 Old 07-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyemu15 View Post

Me too. I don't even bother to correct them anymore.
#1416 Old 07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

Wow, that sure convinced me! Just look at all of the veggies who are turning away en masse and picking up a rack of ribs! Boy, they're going to have to rename this place LardBoards if we lose any more members!

How could I have been so naive to think I shouldn't eat bacon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Thank you, Power of Meat!

To make it official we should change all the veggie symbols to a fried chicken leg, a cheeseburger, a hot dog and a rack of ribs!

...I kinda grossed myself out by imagining the meat just now.

Haha.
#1417 Old 07-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

"Mushrooms are a fungus?"

I've had that happen... My friend and I were looking for something to eat at her Grandmothers' house, We find some mushrooms and all looks good, Then one of her reletives ever-so-surely says, You can't have that! It's an animal and you're definitly NOT vegan for eating it!... Which is funny since he didn't know what vegan was until I explained... Said the same thing about yeast too...

People never seize to amaze me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyemu15 View Post

My friend was like that... She was telling everyone about her vegetarianism, That she ate no meat, Just the occasional fish in sushi... She also said she ate the "soy" meat at her school... "Because it's not real... It couldn't be!" So we had a talk about fish... Pescatarianism and how even cheap school meats are still meat, Or the soy foods are still usually flavoured with animal fats... We also had the honey talk... Needless to say, She's vegan now.
#1418 Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

I've had that happen... My friend and I were looking for something to eat at her Grandmothers' house, We find some mushrooms and all looks good, Then one of her reletives ever-so-surely says, You can't have that! It's an animal and you're definitly NOT vegan for eating it!... Which is funny since he didn't know what vegan was until I explained... Said the same thing about yeast too...

People never seize to amaze me...

My friend was like that... She was telling everyone about her vegetarianism, That she ate no meat, Just the occasional fish in sushi... She also said she ate the "soy" meat at her school... "Because it's not real... It couldn't be!" So we had a talk about fish... Pescatarianism and how even cheap school meats are still meat, Or the soy foods are still usually flavoured with animal fats... We also had the honey talk... Needless to say, She's vegan now.

I knew someone at my school like that. She went on and on about how she supported and loved PETA and was a veggie for life and then I overheard her talking to a girl about how she couldn't wait to roast a bass. I was blown away and I confronted her kindly about it and she got REALLY defensive, almost Armageddon-like. o_o Needless to say, we don't talk anymore. She's crazy.
#1419 Old 07-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Beginner

A friend of mine said, "You're a vegetarian? I wish I was you. I love fur."

#1420 Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyMellowMan View Post

A friend of mine said, "You're a vegetarian? I wish I was you. I love fur."

#1421 Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

Way to go! That's an awesome thing to have a friend do that because you explained it to them .

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

#1422 Old 07-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaveg View Post

As much as I love her that was my exact reaction.
#1423 Old 07-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Co-worker's response to me telling her about the pretty flowers I planted: "Did you use fertilizer? Because if you did, it has animal poop in it, and that isn't vegan."

My response: "Actually, sheep eat plants, so their poop doesn't contain any animal products."

But I didn't use any fertilizer anyway. lol
#1424 Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:

Oh my god. I did a google search, and look what I found:

http://www.powerofmeat.com/

"If meat wasnt already a good naturally occurring food designed for our bodies, it wouldnt be so hard to get what we need in vegetable form."

"The fact is, meat is the most naturally occurring, well balanced and easily obtained and digested package of proteins, essential acids and source of iron and Vitamin B 12 that you can find. Somehow you must find and consume all of the things that meat provides so that your body can stay healthy. A meat based high protein diet is good for you. Even vegetarians are realizing they need meat in their diet."

What a load of ****.

Omg, that is such a crock of ****! haha
#1425 Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerofsh*t View Post

Slamming meat and pressing for the rights of farm animals may be in vogue in some circles, but the best long term approach to living is to support the human race first, eat with balance and moderation, and use some common sense. Human beings are part of the environment and natures food chain too!

ok . . .
#1426 Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I got asked again today if I ate fish. I said.... no. Then got asked what I ate. I said everything else.

Apparently, vegetables are really, really hard to comprehend as food? Seriously?
#1427 Old 07-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykoelle View Post

Apparently, vegetables are really, really hard to comprehend as food? Seriously?

Yeah, unless they're canned or covered in meat juice.

Or potatoes. Meat eaters tend to eat little vegetables except potatoes.
#1428 Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM

"I don't go veg because I am a bad person with no morals and if it tastes good I'm going to eat it because I just don't care."

Same person: "Anyway, I don't know why you won't go out with me, I'm not a bad person, I'm pretty caring and have always been nice to you."
#1429 Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy_Sav View Post

Co-worker's response to me telling her about the pretty flowers I planted: "Did you use fertilizer? Because if you did, it has animal poop in it, and that isn't vegan."

My response: "Actually, sheep eat plants, so their poop doesn't contain any animal products."

yeah, i think it would still be non-vegan because you would be using the animal for its poop.
#1430 Old 07-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okra View Post

"I don't go veg because I am a bad person with no morals and if it tastes good I'm going to eat it because I just don't care."

Same person: "Anyway, I don't know why you won't go out with me, I'm not a bad person, I'm pretty caring and have always been nice to you."

Run! Run like the wind! That sounds like my ex!

#1431 Old 07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Boy, I really hate the "gotcha!" omnis.

*this space not for sale*
#1432 Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy_Sav View Post

Technically, poop is an animal product. Nonetheless, you probably have motives for being vegan other than posing just like the line-drawing on a dictionary page.
#1433 Old 07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Boy, I really hate the "gotcha!" omnis.

#1434 Old 07-08-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirrlup View Post

Ha, I'm not dating him and never will! I don't really "date" anyway. He alternates between hating me and loving me and my time for defective angsty emo retards is minimal at best.
#1435 Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I second that.

"I'm a nice guy...!"

#1436 Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

"What is that?"

"Chickpeas. Some people call them garbanzo beans."

"Ew. Those are bad for you ya know..."

#1437 Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

"What is that?"

"Chickpeas. Some people call them garbanzo beans."

"Ew. Those are bad for you ya know..."

My MIL thinks they come from vines in a swamp....she says they are usually diseased...so freaky.

Then again, if we are at a restaurant, she tells the servers there had better not be a vegetable on her plate..not even a parsley garnish!

No, she is isn't healthy at all...

#1438 Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM

"When we kill animals, we are just part of the food chain in a different way. You may say that factory farming isn't natural, but neither are telephones."

TELEPHONES? HUh!? :P
#1439 Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okra View Post

"When we kill animals, we are just part of the food chain in a different way. You may say that factory farming isn't natural, but neither are telephones."

TELEPHONES? HUh!? :P

Reminds me of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cleese, the Logician View Post

For example, given the premise, "all fish live underwater" and "all mackerel are fish", my wife will conclude, not that "all mackerel live underwater", but that "if she buys kippers it will not rain", or that "trout live in trees", or even that "I do not love her any more." This she calls "using her intuition". I call it "crap", and it gets me very irritated because it is not logical.

http://www.ourveggiekitchen.com
#1440 Old 07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

My youngest brother says he drinks so much diet coke because he was told he needs to drink more water...

Sometimes I think I was adopted ...

My dad(he works with doctors) told me that diet coke(and diet soda in general i think) cause cancer. one of the people he works with told him this story about one of his patients who was being treated for cancer, and the patient came in and the doctor was drinking a diet soda. the patient got so made that he grabbed the soda threw across the room(at a wall) and yelled "HOW CAN YOU DRINK THAT IN FRONT OF ME?!!"

just a warning don't drink diet soda.

P.S. i can't type or spell today!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page