Dumb and Dumber - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-22-2008, 04:15 AM

We as humans I think are very slow learners.All the Omnivores can put this in their pipe and smoke it.Wheat and meat are on the price rise this year according to yesterdays news.So what do we as" Smart" human beings we feed the wheat to the factory farm animals and kill and slaughter them for food consumption.Well wouldn't it make more sense just to eat the wheat for ourselves and not feed it to the farm animals,in which they probably eat a lot more than us Homo sapiens.Therefore we would probably have an a abundance

of wheat to feed our own species.There are many factors to consider with the "Old MacDonald Factory Farming". Ei Ei Oh !!!And on this Farm we had;Degradation of land by creating pools of waste from the farm animals, that we are trying to get rid of, transport to the slaughter house,processing the dead carcasses, and transport to the grocery stores etc.Now that is "Smart Thinking".And the mere thought of the meat being tainted with E Coli,Mad Cow disease etc.As we have just seen in the California Slaughter house this past week on the news is just about enough to make me sick.Ei Ei Oh No!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Growing enough food to feed all the humans is not a problem, and has not been for years. The problem is the fact that the people who aren't getting enough now aren't getting it because they can't pay for it, and the rest of the world is not buying it and paying to have it delivered.

I'm against animal production for a whole lot of reasons, but the 'so we have enough food for people' argument just isn't the most factually sound.
#3 Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

It sort of does, from a world hunger standpoint... just not necessarily directly or in the same way the OP described.... and America's doing fine for food, so that's not what I'm worried about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Your song is funny.

Even though it seems like a good and cheaper idea, the fact is just that most people aren't willing to give up their meat. Most people see it as necessary. And eveer seen those "whopper freakout" commercials by burger king? That's how people react when their dead cows are taken away from them.

Dumb, yes, but the sad reality is that most people just are dumb. Including myself, but you know. We're dumb in different areas.

<33

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page