Finally, I'm officially dairy-free. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-04-2008, 10:02 AM

I've decided that I'm no longer an l/o, I'm just an o.

Wait. That sentence is so odd. If I said 'lacto/ovo', I'd have to so 'a lacto/ovo', wouldn't I? But saying 'a l/o' doesn't sound right, but neither does 'an lacto/ovo'. Oh grammar, where art thou when I needeth thee? Speaking of which, you really shouldn't start a sentence with 'but'. Don't do that, I'm such a bad example.

Either way, I'm still just an ovo-vegetarian now. It's not awesome or strict, but it's a start. I think this time will be much easier, since I eased into it. Easier meaning both for me and my family. I've already gotten them used to the idea of rice milk in recipes, non-dairy cheese, tofu sour cream... etc. In fact, they've all agreed that most of the stuff has tasted just as good as the 'real' thing (like my stuff is... fake? I guess it doesn't exist, huh). Except for my brother, of course.

He saw my cheese, and he said 'that does NOT look like cheese'. Only... it does. And if I put it on his cheese sandwich when he wasn't looking, I swear he wouldn't be able to tell, either by taste or sight.

Anyhow. Hurrah! And the only eggs I eat now are from our own chickens, I don't eat eggs in processed foods, nor ones that are store-bought. Again, not supreme, but a start.

I'm also trying to be more conscious about the products I buy, checking labels and ingredients beforehand. I'll still use the stuff I already have, but I won't accept more of the same.

Mum prefers cotton over most other fabrics anyway, so clothes are 90% animal-free. And I'm no connoisseur, so I'll do polyester/nylon blends any day XD

Sorry, going off topic. Uhmm... yeah, dairy-free me, at last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Woot! Woot!
#3 Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Congratulations! Also, don't feel at all bothered by going off topic a little. Your writing style is friendly and down to earth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Hehe, I always thought it was pretty bad when even the topic-starter can't stay on topic, but glad to know I won't be flayed for it

Thanks, both of you!
#5 Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

#6 Old 02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Veggie Regular

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#7 Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM

Three thumbs up! I feel spoiled XD

Thanks

Now for the bigger dilemma, why do I smell orange juice?

My nose has been really misleading lately.
#8 Old 02-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

that's REALLY great. well done! and good luck (doesn't sound like you need it though)
#9 Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Speaking of cotton clothes XD My mum just bought a shirt for me... right on target 100% cotton.

She was so sweet too, I went to thank her and she said 'Yeah, they were on sale, and I figured you wouldn't object to what was in it'. It's nice to know that there are reasonable parents in the world when it comes to vegetarianism, one hears so many horror stories...

Thanks Isowish
#10 Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

As a Biology nerd, milk-drinking after infancy grosses and disturbs me very much (especially since the milk came from a source not intended for us). Anyway, way to go! I want to give up milk eventually, but while I live with my parents, it's out of the question.
#11 Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

Way to go, LazyKat!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page