funny quote - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

"a frustrated chicken should not vote for colonel sanders" - Jesse Jackson in reference to the california recall/schwarzanegger+bush alliance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2003, 01:29 PM

Maybe I am slow, eh, but I don't get it. Who's the chickens in the analogy? All Californians? Republicans? ??? I guess Arnold would be Colonel Sanders, but why?

rigmarole
#3 Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I like that quote, schu. Really says it all.

Rigmarole: The chickens are the California voters and Ahnod is Colonel Sanders. Since Colonel Sanders is famous for killing and frying chickens (and making profits off their little corpses), Jesse Jackson is pretty much saying that Schwarzanegger will be more of the same for California if they recall Davis and place in Schwarzanegger.

It's like taking out one Govenor that's a to the state and replacing him with another to the state.

Make sense?

(If not, don't worry. It's a California thing.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-07-2003, 05:01 PM

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks for spelling it out for me. Although I don't necessarily agree, but I'm not a Californian so what I think doesn't matter. I would've voted for McClintock if I were though. I don't necessarily agree with his societal views, what with him being pretty conservative and all, but from what I hear he's the most fiscally responsible of the bunch.

rigmarole

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page