Follow up to: hubby refusing to buy me veg foods - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-12-2008, 09:00 AM

hey all...to all of you who replied to my previous post about my hubby not buying me veg foods...we had a talk and things are cool...we just came to an understanding....it really just turns out that he's discouraged when it comes to shopping for me because he always brings back the wrong things, and this is so true..lol...we went shopping together yesterday and i was able to get the things that i wanted ...he doesnt have a problem with me being veggie, altho he still says that me being veggie makes the food supply limited on his part because meat substitutes are something that he wouldnt eat..but i guess i could say the same on my part....right now im jus focused on doin me, which is something i should have done a long time ago..anyway i am glad that i went shopping...it has been a while, but i will continue to do what i gotta do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-12-2008, 09:08 AM

I'm glad things have worked out for you.

#3 Old 01-12-2008, 09:16 AM

Me too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-12-2008, 09:21 AM

I am also glad that things have worked out for you!
#5 Old 01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you so much for the update.

I'm really glad things worked out for you

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#6 Old 01-12-2008, 01:46 PM

#7 Old 01-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Beginner

I'm glad you and your husband were able to talk things out. I'm sure he's a good guy just not always so great at communicating. It's great that you were able to get him to tell you why he was acting up all of a sudden. Hope you guys continue to see eye to eye on the issue
#8 Old 01-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

cool

Yay for communication lol

m8itcanw8.com
#9 Old 01-12-2008, 10:01 PM

i'm so glad to hear it !

there is probably some good compromise you can come to, since you do the cooking... not every main course meal has meat in it. maybe you can find something meatless that he would enjoy
#10 Old 01-13-2008, 07:11 AM

Thanks for the update!

Not to sound stupid, but isn't it kind of cute when the men get discouraged because they get the wrong things? I asked my husband to pick me up some bread one time and he came back with a non-vegan one and it had high fructose corn syrup in it (which I try to avoid). When I read it I smiled at him and told him about the milk products in it and he just got such a sad face and said "But I read the ingredients! I really tried!"

So sad, cute, and almost annoying all at the same time.

I'm sure that if he shops some that eventually he'll get it (Speaking of your hubby, not mine), but until then just keep going by yourself. Or maybe you could shop yourself a few times, then make a list of the vegan brands you like and he could shop from that .

Good luck in the future hun!
#11 Old 01-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular

#12 Old 01-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegreenmom View Post

Thanks for the update!

Not to sound stupid, but isn't it kind of cute when the men get discouraged because they get the wrong things? I asked my husband to pick me up some bread one time and he came back with a non-vegan one and it had high fructose corn syrup in it (which I try to avoid). When I read it I smiled at him and told him about the milk products in it and he just got such a sad face and said "But I read the ingredients! I really tried!"

So sad, cute, and almost annoying all at the same time.

I'm sure that if he shops some that eventually he'll get it (Speaking of your hubby, not mine), but until then just keep going by yourself. Or maybe you could shop yourself a few times, then make a list of the vegan brands you like and he could shop from that .

Good luck in the future hun!

Reminds me of the time my husband went to the grocery store by himself. I was too tired after work (we worked the night shift and went grocery shopping early morning after work) so he told me to just sleep in the truck while he ran in to grab food for that night. He came back with a package of veggie burgers that had egg whites in them. I read the ingredients that night before dinner, and told him they had egg whites. He read the package again and said "Well crap, looks like I'm having veggie burgers for dinner tonight instead of you."
#13 Old 01-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

If you knew the stories I hear from women who now refuse to send their DH's shopping anymore because they get the wrong things... This was posted on another board I visit:

Quote:
Background: I hate grocery shopping in the evening unless it's a quick errand (prefer to do it in the morning after the kids are in school) so DH offerred to go last nite. I made a list and he brought only 75% of what I had on the list. (He had plenty of money, time and I had the kids so nothing was there to distract him). He also made poor choices like instead of Olive Oil he brought Shedd's Spread (he doesn't really read labels either). He also bought packaged food that HE Won't EAT and the kids DON'T Like such as Stouffers Stuffed Peppers, Meatloaf, Macaroni and Cheese. Of course, I'm dieting and while I may eat things like Meatloaf or Stuffed Peppers, they are usually things I can make myself (and better usually too). And 2 dozen eggs even though we don't need any we already had 2 dozen (who is feeding the Army?!) WTH? Does anyone else have a similar issue? I have to run out again today and get things like Spagetti Sauce and milk (things we can't seem to keep in the house). What's worst is that DH can't find any receipt so I can't return the stuff I know we won't use.

The responses were heavily on the side of "My DH does that, too!" I'm glad the problem was just the shopping and not anything more than that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page