My mom and sister both went vegan with me when I took the leap, but it was for weight loss reasons not AR reasons. They are both now what I like to call flexitarians. They are vegetarian 80% of the time, then eat seafood the other 20%.
My dad was upset and so was my grandpa. They are both old rednecks and think you NEED meat to survive. My dad got over it eventually, he still teases me about it but it isn't that bad.
My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, was very accepting. He eats mostly vegan at home, but he still eats meat when we go out or when he is in the mood.
I actually lost a very good friend when I went vegan. I haven't talked to her in years. We were both 15 at the time, and she started making fun of me, calling me names and saying I'd lost my mind. We called each other a few names, then I blocked her on AIM. She called me on the phone, and I hung up on her. We'd been friends since we were in first grade. Haven't thought about her in awhile actually.