What is the one food that you hate that you've tried since going veg? - Page 25 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#721 Old 03-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl1978 View Post

avocados. Tried them 2 times and I just don't like them even though I think everyone else in the entire world does!

I don't like them either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#722 Old 03-21-2010, 02:08 PM

Soya yogurts....eugh...

"The flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or kind it's death for no reason and death for no reason is MURDER!"
#723 Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM

These burgers I bought at Wholefoods once; I think they were called Sunshine burgers or something like that. Yuck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#724 Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I wasn't a big fan of mangos a couple years ago as an omni, so I decided to try some again. Still not a fan. I don't think I'll be able to finish what I bought. They taste like someone mixed together pickles and flowers and put it in fruit form.

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
#725 Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Eggplant. It's okay as a eggplant parmesan (barely) but I'd still prefer a big saucy noodle instead.

And curry. The smell of curry disgusts me.
#726 Old 03-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

And curry. The smell of curry disgusts me.

I felt this way for a long time, got up the courage to try it again, and now I'm in love with it. So weird.

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
#727 Old 03-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post

I felt this way for a long time, got up the courage to try it again, and now I'm in love with it. So weird.

I'm into the taste, but the smell...*shudder*

You can put mangoes on my list too, I've never been able to stand them. They're sickly-sweet to me.
#728 Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

I would have to say Tempeh, I got sick right after I ate it, whether it was the tempeh or something else I ate around the same time, I do not know, but yeah..
#729 Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post

I wasn't a big fan of mangos a couple years ago as an omni, so I decided to try some again. Still not a fan. I don't think I'll be able to finish what I bought. They taste like someone mixed together pickles and flowers and put it in fruit form.

I always thought mangoes tasted like some weird flower too. I'm just not in love with them either.
#730 Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never had a mango before but hearing it described as tasting like a flower totally turns me off from even wanting to try one.

I can't get into tempeh. I try but no matter what it's just way too damn bitter and I'm not fond of the taste. The fact that it looks like maggots when it's not cooked really grosses me out also.
#731 Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 PM

Vegetarian hot dogs. Disgusting! BLECH!!!
#732 Old 03-26-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I've never had a mango before but hearing it described as tasting like a flower totally turns me off from even wanting to try one.

I can't get into tempeh. I try but no matter what it's just way too damn bitter and I'm not fond of the taste. The fact that it looks like maggots when it's not cooked really grosses me out also.

LOL- I don't love tempeh either and it does look like maggots! That is funny!!
#733 Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Blarghh I love tempeh but now that it's been described as looking like maggots, I'm sure I'll think that every time I eat it. Thanks guys...haha. I'm on the fence about mango also, maybe I'm just not very skilled at picking *good* mangoes, but I do love them in smoothies...I just finished one as a matter of fact!
#734 Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Banned

i dislike eating durians! They smell too, but family and friends enjoy it

As a meat substitute, I've only been trying out textured vegetable protein... still trying to get my hands on tempeh to try it out

Matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page