Where can I get veggie corned beef slices? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM

I have found veggie turkey,ham, and roast beef. I was in a sub shop last week and had a veggie Reuban sandwhich that was awesome. Can't find veggie corned beef anywhere in Northern Alabama. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Banned

Do they actually do one, because that would be sweet =]

F x
#3 Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Veggie Regular

They exist, I've seen them in stores. However, the only variety I've seen are not suitable for vegans (contain dairy).

http://www.kelloggs.com/cgi-bin/bran...394&company=41

slops, gloops, and gruels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Yep... I saw them... dunno why the included dairy...
#5 Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM

I used to get tons of stuff from Worthington's! I luuuuuuuuuved the fake turkey. All the sudden, one day, Kroger stopped carrying them. Worthington's fake lunch meat slices are even better than Toforky's, imo.
#6 Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Why don't you fill out a request at your local stores... one of them might start carrying Worthington. I'm OBSESSED with Worthington Wham... it'a SO delicious. My bf loves the Corned "beef."

I actually haven't tried the fake turkey... I have at least 3 boxes of Wham at all times though. Next time I go to a place that carries it, I'll pick it up. I'm lucky, I live by Loma Linda and La Sierra (SDA areas... especially LL).
#7 Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I haven't seen veggie corned beef offered anyplace. But a local vegetarian-friendly restaurant used to serve a Tempeh Reuben which was quite good- just the thing on a cold day when I wanted something hot, greasy, and a bit decadent. They were pretty accomodating to vegans. This sandwich could be made with your choice of real cheese, soy cheese, or without it altogether. I don't remember that the tempeh tasted that much like corned beef, but I think the sandwich was made on rye bread with sauerkraut and russian dressing, one of the cheeses, and then grilled. I can't remember if it had sauteed onions on it or not.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#8 Old 11-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I'm OBSESSED with Worthington Wham...

I used to love that, too. Wish I could get some more.

EDIT - The Lightlife Smart Deli baked ham slices are good IF YOU FRY THEM. I wasn't really impressed with any of their fake deli slices until I fried them (like people fry bologna). I'm going to do that now, actually.

Just posted a thread about it.
#9 Old 11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I use Montreal Smoked Wheat, but I don't know if it's available outside of Canada.
#10 Old 11-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

I used to love that, too. Wish I could get some more.

EDIT - The Lightlife Smart Deli baked ham slices are good IF YOU FRY THEM. I wasn't really impressed with any of their fake deli slices until I fried them (like people fry bologna). I'm going to do that now, actually.

Just posted a thread about it.

When you say fry... do you mean heat in a pan? I've never heard of fried bologna. I always heat up the wham before eating... it's so much tastier that way. Or are you talking about using oil?

I read that you like Smart BBQ too... that's my FAVORITE. I have some in my fridge now... even took it to work and my omni coworkers liked it!
#11 Old 11-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Medesha, sadly, Montreal Smoked Wheat isn't available down here in the deprived States...

Worthington does make a VERY TASTY "corned beef" product that- unfortunately - does have egg whites in it. However if that isn't a problem for you, I think you can order them at www.nomeat.com.

They are really good, I have no idea how much shipping would be and all though.

Also, as Danasckully said, this product seems to be carried more in Seventhday Adventist populated areas. There are lots of Adventist-owned healthfood stores and shops in bigger cities - sometimes at the SDA churches or schools, I know they ALWAYS have it.
#12 Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

When you say fry... do you mean heat in a pan? I've never heard of fried bologna. I always heat up the wham before eating... it's so much tastier that way. Or are you talking about using oil?

I mean just heat in a pan on a stove. Some people do that with bologna. I used to, so I thought I would try it with Smart slices and it's good.
#13 Old 11-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Worthington really needs to expand their product availability. Most of the people here on the VB can't find it and they'd get a LOT of business from us if it was easy to find. Everyone should demand it from their local grocery stores

The first time I bought Wham, I was so hesitant to try it. I was making a Broccoli Wham Ring and decided to try grilling them up before cutting them up for the recipe. I took a bite and immediately fell in love. Whoever created this product deserves to be President or something
#14 Old 11-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Danaskully, write them an e-mail... and link them to this thread - and others if you can locate them! Seriously, they *might* possibly find it interesting.. (who knows?)
#15 Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Good idea I should start a thread that says "Who wants Worthington products?" Then have people list what they want and where

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page