Spread the word: Costa Rica- A veggie paradise - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-28-2007, 08:19 PM

I want to share with all of you my wonderful vegetarian adventure in CR.

I was surprised to find the veggie options in this country.

Eating rice, beans and fries is not the only option. I found two great places for veggies and spend my whole vacation there.

The first is the Samasati retreat close to the Caribbean coast.

It is a wonderful place for your body, mind and spirit. They offer Yoga classes to everyone, in the middle of the rain forest, with perfect soundtrack of falling rain, birds and insects. The food is good veggie home cooking. The staff is very helpful. There are a lot of options for touring around. We did Totugero beach, Chuita, Punta Uva and other great places where you can see many animals, birds and reptiles.

The place has great view of the rain forest.

I felt like Im far away from civilization, on my own in a magical place.

It was a good preparation for the second place, which is a 100% vegetarian resort.

The hotel called Lands in Love, and it is located on the road from San Ramon to Arenal volcano. Built by a group of 20 vegetarian who came especially to Costa Rica with their 30 dogs and 50 cats to create a veggie resort and to live in harmony with the nature. They have a pet hotel and a large adventure center where I did canopy tour, rafting and horseback riding.

The food was very good, with many different international veggie dishes:

Awesome veggie burger, lasagna, pad thai, israeli humus, European, Japanese and Chinese.

The staff was very happy to host me- a veggie guest and to offer me their veggie menu, as well as many special vegan dishes that are available upon request to make a good healthy vacation. The guests are invited to cook their best dishes.

A place which is dedicated to the healthy veggie way of life, protecting the animals and the forest and living in harmony with nature should be known.

Costa Rica is like paradise on earth and with the veggie options your vacation will be complete.

If you know of more places like that, dont keep it to yourself, tell everybody about them.

Thank you for reading- spread the word!

Links:

http://www.samasati.com/

http://www.landsinlove.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Now I have yet another reason to want to go.
#3 Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't notice any massage or spa services listed...I wonder if I could move there and help them out with that!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Very cool! We're actually leaving for Costa Rica on Thursday. We're renting a house in Nuevo Arenal - but I'll definitely make the drive to check out the resort as a possible stay for our next trip to CR. It is such an amazing country!

I am the user formerly known as MrsKey
#5 Old 10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

very cool!

i'm thinking about taking a yoga-adventure retreat group there.
#6 Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Bof
Banned

Dr McDougall runs adventure trips there regularly. Improve your health and have a holiday at the same time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page