Does anybody own a Magic Bullet? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Veggie Regular

https://www.buythebullet.com/order.php

Good golly, I want one of those so bad. I don't need two of them, so I am trying to find somebody to split the cost with me. I'd be delighted to pay $50.00 for one. And I can see it totally revolutionizing my cooking, and just SUPERB for vegetarian/vegan dishes. It seems to be easier and less bulky than a regular food processor and simpler too, in both functionality and in clean up.

But does anybody here actually own one? I'd like to find some real customers giving feed back on this, not paid actors reciting something the company wrote. I am sure it works great, but I am curious if it lasts for a long time of if they break down in a matter of a few months or if they are all they are hyped up to be.

"I used to hate dogs 'til I saw one kill a kid." W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Looks interesting. I would be more interested if they sold them in a one pack for cheaper.
#3 Old 10-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Somebody sent me a link to another message board with reviews (but I'd still like to read reviews here, if there are any)....and they found it at Walgreens. Hmmm...I might have to stop by there soon. If they are selling it a regular store, maybe the price dropped and I can just get one. At least I wouldn't have to pay $40.00 shipping and handling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I had one for two years...it just died. I loved it....BUT....I did not find that it worked well for chopping things like tomatoes for salsa, or onions. I found that it was best for pureeing stuff. It never chopped evenly. You end up with stuff partly chopped to the consistency you wanted, part of it completely blended, or too big of chunks. But for what I really wanted it for, it was great. I used it to puree my stewed tomatoes, protein shakes, smoothies...anything that really needed blending. Because of its size I prefer it to the blender. Plus it blended better than my blender. And it's way easier to clean.

I wish it didn't come with all of the other extras. It would be better if you could just get the bullit at a lower cost. I will definitely be replacing the one that just broke. I may just put it on my Christmas list!
#5 Old 10-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

There are two links in the ads above that show the product for $49.99. Here's one:

http://www.healthandfitnessproducts....FRFSagodxgodTA

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#6 Old 10-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Veggie Regular

That's most inexpensive that I've seen it! Thanks! I paid $99.99 when it first came out...totally NOT worth that price considering all the other stuff that came with it I never used.
#7 Old 10-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought I remembered a big discussion about this recently but this was all I found:

https://veggieboards.com/boards/showt...t=magic+bullet

https://veggieboards.com/boards/showt...t=magic+bullet

I've wanted one forever. I just think it would be so handy but I've read reviews that it's not made very well. So instead I bought this:

http://www.gourmet.org/category/clea...iances/430534/

Except I got mine for 19.99 at target. I love this little guy. I want a bigger one too, about 6 cups but this is perfect for so many things. It is always in use for something It's cute isn't it? Good luck with the MB! I hope you love it.
#8 Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Pretty good reviews over all, here and at other forums I've looked at. I think I will "bite the bullet" and start hunting one down, preferably in a store so I don't have to pay those exorbitant shipping charges. I have a 14 cup food processor brand new that I may put on Craigslist and that might just pay for the Magic Bullet.

But maybe I will hang on to the food processor...it's 14 cups and pretty big for my needs though.

#9 Old 10-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

No. I've got a slightly too big dildo that I never use though.
#10 Old 10-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

No. I've got a slightly too big dildo that I never use though.

haha I thought it was the name of a sex toy when it first came out. My best friend has one and it is awesome! I'd definetly check out stores (Walgreens, Kmart, Target) before buying it online. I actually looked at the Sunday ads today in the paper and saw a few stores had it on sale for around $39.99. I can't remember which stores though.
#11 Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

You should definitely be able to fine one at Target or something like that. I have one and its pretty good for making shakes, dressings, etc.
#12 Old 10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Veggie Regular

It's too bad to hear it doesn't chop that well. I'm tempted every time I see one. I had visions of chopping something different in each cup without having to clean up inbetween...hehe.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#13 Old 10-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I really like mine.

I love it for making individual servings of smoothies.

I also use the steamer lids for the micro almost daily.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#14 Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I got mine off of ebay for under $10, including shipping (it was a single). And that's about what it was worth.

When I wanted to puree, it did that well. When I changed blades to the 'chop', it still pureed well. I found it handy for about three months, then the badly designed gasket came off during use, clogged up the blade, and trashed the motor.

I replaced it with a Target chopper that was also about $10. This one still doesn't do anything but 'chop to oblivion', but it's a better design without the stupid gasket.
#15 Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't have the magic bullet, but I do have the 'ultimate chopper' - and it's great. It is really good for a lot of veg*n recipes. My only complaint is that we cracked a small hole in the side of the bowl once, trying to grate some old, really hard Parmesan cheese rind. Dammit. But we covered the hole with thick tape, and all is good. I use it almost daily to grind flax seeds. Fantastic.
#16 Old 10-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I have one but I don't really like it. Stupidly, I thought it would preform as effortless as it appears on the infomercials. I think a decent food processor is more of what I'm looking for because the Magic Bullet isn't very large.
#17 Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Anyone notice that in the first link, S&H is $39.95?!!
#18 Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theindebtedmass View Post

Anyone notice that in the first link, S&H is $39.95?!!

I sure as heck fire did. That's why I never ordered one yet, and now with some of these recent reviews, I think I may just hang on to my food processor.

#19 Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Perverts!
#20 Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Administrator

I thought about it for a while. A guy at work bought one and said he liked it but that it was too small for more than one person. I ended up buying a regular food processor. I think I would have ended up doing that anyway so I saved myself some money by skipping something I would have quickly outgrown.

I think the food processor was $100 and it's a decent one. My advice is to skip the MB and get something bigger.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#21 Old 10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I have this from Target. I use it primarily for smoothies and it works just fine.
#22 Old 10-31-2007, 07:31 PM

I have a $30 food processor-- it cleans up just as easily as my coffee grinder (which is pretty equivalent to the magic bullet). My only problem is that it takes up too much space. Still, I it's so much more versatile that I don't see why you couldn't just get one instead.
#23 Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a cuisinart mini prep, which does essentially all the same things... but is a cuisinart. They run about $30 and you can buy them anywhere kitchen stuff is sold.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#24 Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a second-hand blender my grandmother gave me. For chopping things, I have a small round electric chopper. I think it might be Pampered Chef, but I found it at a garage sale or some place. It works well. I don't use it a lot, but it's nice when I'm chopping a lot of stuff at one time.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#25 Old 11-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I find my big food processor doesn't chop/blend stuff as well as the ultimate chopper - might just be because it's old, and maybe crappy, though.
#26 Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

A guy at work bought one and said he liked it but that it was too small for more than one person. I ended up buying a regular food processor.

We have one and it doesn't take the place of a food processor. If you can have both though, there are some things that the magic bullet does very well that food processors (at least mine) aren't as good at. It's great for grinding spices or flax seeds. I use it all the time to make homemade salad dressings or sauces. Usually I'm not making enough at one time for the food processor to work very well for these things. It's also great for smoothies. You make and blend each person's drink in their own cup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page