Are you married to a Veggie, or an Omni? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Are you married to a Veggie or an Omni?
Vegetarian/Vegan 2 13.33%
Omni 13 86.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm vegan and so is Mr. Meatless. We both went vegetarian around the same time five years ago, but I went vegan about two years earlier than him. As of this past January he is vegan too. yay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

--
#33 Old 07-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

i'm not married but we have been together for almost 10 years

i cook primarily but sometimes i leave him recipes or pre-make a dinner for him to cook while i am at work. the only time he has meat is when he barbeques or when we eat out (unless i can talk him into going to a veg restaurant). i don't cook meat because

1. i learned to cook after becoming veg and therefore have never cooked meat

2. i don't want to have to deal with the prospect of cross contamination with my cooking equipment

3. meat is gross
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-08-2007, 07:46 PM

I'm not married, but I've been with my guy for six years, plan to marry after two more. He's okay with me being a vegetarian, and I'm okay with him being omni. We've never lived together and I've only recently become vegetarian but when we do live together, he'll be mindful of my vegetarianism when he cooks for us.
#35 Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Beginner

I'm married to an omni. It wasn't a factor in my decision to marry him; he has said before that if I were a vegan it would have been a factor in his decision to marry me. (I don't actually think this is true. I'm irresistible. At least to him. )

It is indeed challenging to make meals for both of us. We try to have meals with a vegetarian base and a meat side for him, but he likes so few things that I like that this doesn't work for many meals. It's extra challenging because he doesn't eat very well left alone (like when I get tired of accommodating him and make myself all-out veggie meal using ingredients he hates) and I naturally want him to eat well, but I can't prepare meals for him because he's the type of person who eats according to his cravings--if I've planned a meal that he likes but isn't in the mood for, he won't eat it. We're still working this out.

We talk about my vegetarianism sometimes--he has said he would be unhappy if I were a vegetarian for ethical, health, or environmental reasons because he thinks those reasons don't hold up. I'm not a good debater so I've never been able to successfully argue otherwise. I doubt he will ever become a vegetarian, but I hope that eventually his fixation on meat (he doesn't feel a meal is complete without meat, unless it's breakfast) will fade to the point where we can have completely vegetarian days sometimes.
#36 Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 AM

Im married to another VB'er. We shared a house together before we were in a relationship. One night I said to her "Im really desperate for a veggie gf and you're gagging for a veggie bf so lets go to vegas, get trashed, and make it an official animal friendly union". She was pretty open to that
#37 Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Im married to another VB'er. We shared a house together before we were in a relationship. One night I said to her "Im really desperate for a veggie gf and you're gagging for a veggie bf so lets go to vegas, get trashed, and make it an official animal friendly union". She was pretty open to that

Haha! That made me laugh.
#38 Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm married to a vegan and I am a vegan as well.

When we met, I'd say we were both pretty 'devote' flesh eaters, however we changed together.

I believe everything.
#39 Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 AM

My parents were raised flesh eaters but mymu mwent vegetarian and a year later my dad became one too. It's been 18years and they haven't looked back. I hope to someday meet someone who's a vegetarian like me. Where are you girls meeting these amazing men?! I would love an awesome veggie bf!

Giraffes are awesome.
#40 Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Beginner

Not marriage by any stretch of the imagination, but I wanted to join in anyway? :P

My foybriend is a dietary vegan, but not for ethical reasons. He was involved in a bet with a mutual vegan friend, and if he lost he was to go vegan for a month - he did, and got into the habit of eating that way, and he now gets sick if he eats dairy or meat etc, although he will occassionally try it just to see.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
#41 Old 06-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horser55 View Post

If you are married to a Veggie, was he/she veggie when you met them? Was that a major choice in your decision to marry him/her?

If you're married to an omni, is it challenging to make meals for both lifestyles? Do you argue about your beliefs and choices?

I'm married to an omni. I was also an omni when we got married. I cook vegan for both of us and it works out fine. We don't argue about it.
#42 Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm married to what I like to call a 'visi-vegetarian' He's vegetarian...when he's around me. But when he goes to work I know he's looking forward to his pulled pork at lunch time! It's an understanding we have.

He's trying...and I still love him.
#43 Old 06-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Thread is four years old.

Sent from my iPhone gen. 9 with a shiny screen, using Crazytalk

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#44 Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Beginner

I married an omni, and was at the time. I've since gone Vegan, while he happily continues to be an omni, as are the kids. He knows that I've had ongoing problems with my allergies over the years, and has been very supportive with me recently going Vegan because of them. Our friends on the other hand are a completely different breed, and expect a royal flaming when they find out that I've decided that the Vegan lifestyle is the best for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page