1. What age did you realize you wanted to become a vegan/vegetarian?
-around age 16
2. What age did you become one?
-i went veg over the period of about a year between age 17 and 18. working on going vegan now (age 25)
3. Why did you become one?
-i realized that i really didn't like meat so wondered why i was eating it. also my love of animals
4. Did anybody encourage you to become one?
5. Do you encourage other people to become one?
-not generally. if anyone takes an interest i will explain my reasons but i don't think i've ever urged someone else to go veg.
6. How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan?
-veg: about 7-8 years. vegan: been seriously working on it for about a month now.
7. Is it hard?
-i never found being veg hard because i just made the decision to not eat meat which i didn't like anyways. vegan i find more difficult because of all the trace ingredients and alternate names for animal by-products in food.
8. Have you ever eaten meat/something else you shouldn't have?
-the main reason i say i went veg over the period of about a year or so is because it took me at least that long to actually properly read labels and realize what foods are made of. i'll never forget the day i found out Campbell's Vegetable Soup was made with beef stock
9. Why do you save animals that eat each other?
-the way humans utilize animals for food is not natural in the least.
10. Do you have any health problems?