Are cruises veggie friendly??? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello all,

I haven't been around for a while. I hope you are all doing great!!!

I'm planning on doing a cruise this year... it's a Royal Caribbean cruise and I wonder if they are vegetarian friendly?? This is my first time in a cruise, so I just want to make sure that i'll ge ok!

Thanks,

Carla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

They did a great job with Vegetarian food then and I'll be they've gotten even better since then. I don't remember all of the various things we had, but they were fantastic.
#3 Old 04-10-2007, 12:55 PM

I'm sure they'll cater for vegetarians You can always phone up though to check and know for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I actually just got back from a cruise on Saturday. It was Royal Carribean. I'm lacto-ovo so I don't know if all the meals I ate were vegan firendly but af far as vegetarian friendly the certainly were. At the sit down dinner there were a couple options everynight for the main entree and there was always at least one veggie appetiser available. And the places you could get lunch there were veggie options as well.
#5 Old 04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

This thread might interest you:https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=68609

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Veggie Regular

My last cruise was heavenly. I went with Norwegian (though I've been on RC and Princess cruises too). They are very accomodating. Let them know in advance what you need, it helps them prepare.

I was so well taken care of that I had a chef who made every meal. I never asked him too, but he would frequently surprise me when we were ordering and tell me not to worry that I had something I'd love on the way. I was nervous the first time but he came out with two plates, steaming hot, full of fresh veggies with delicious sauces and beautifully prepared. Just thinking about it now makes me hungry. I had eveyone around me always staring at my food, jealous. One morning he brought me a huge plate of fresh fruit- tons of strawberries. I was later told how difficult it is to get fresh strawberries on a boat.

I thought I would loose weight but I was so well fed I gained about 8 lbs- lol. They were amazing! I will never ever forget that trip

Have fun!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page