1) Yes, veg*ns ARE a bunch B12 deficient of wackos.
That's why I'm one of them.
2) I would give my left arm to be able to eat cheese again. Sometimes meat smells good, too. Especially when my husband cooks it.
3) Quit making jokes about sneaking things into my food. It's not funny now it was NEVER funny, and it won't convert me back to meat-eating but it WILL make me eternally pissedoff at you and if you piss me off enough, I might blow snot rockets into YOUR food when you're not looking.
4) I eat more than salads and my diet does not revolve around soy so quit telling me that I'll turn into a man if I eat soya and quit telling I'll die of malnutrition because I'm eating nothing but "leaves and twigs".
5) I'm veg*n on holidays, too. My family on all sides have no problem accomondating me. No, they're not veg*n. Yes, they ARE wonderful.
6) I do NOT have an ED and I'm not doing this for attention. Believe me, if I wanted attention, I'd go shopping in the nude, or something.
7) I'm not interested in hearing about your opinions on protein, calcium, iron, blood type, carbs are evil or any other dietary "fad of the week" that you happen to hear about. Not if your education was gained from a 30 second milk commercial or a segment on Dr. Phil. Now, if you actually have studied
these things on a serious/semi-serious level then let's talk. I love a good discussion.
8) I know what I can have and what I can't. Don't try to be my diet police.
9) Vegan is not extreme. Raw vegan is not extreme. LO vegetarian is not extreme. Meat eating is not extreme. Ironing on the top of Mount Fuji - now THAT'S extreme!
10) God did not put the animals here for us to eat. Read Genesis 1:29 sloooooooowly until that fact sinks through and settles itself into your brain.
11) Don't try to bring my husband into this by asking what he thinks of it. He supports me fully and loves all the good things it's doing for me AND he's very proud of his ability to convert family recipes into things I can eat (just ask him).
12) Don't read out the things I can have when we're out to eat. I do appreciate you watching out for me, but honestly, you don't have to.
12a) Don't be afraid to pick any place you'd like to eat at (steakhouses included). I can find anything anywhere and to me, it's not about the food - it's about the fellowship so let's enjoy each other's company while we can.
13) Don't blurt out "SHE'S A VEG*N" in public, especially if you know I'm going to get flack for it. I don't throw you under the bus, please don't do it to me.
14) If you want to play "make fun of the meal", then know that I'll win. Every. Single. Time.
15) Yes, soap and water ARE a part of the veg*n way. So is deodorant and toothpaste. And yes, I do use all these items on a regular basis (incense, however, IS optional
16) Veg*ns can be foodies, too. Veg*ns can also be brilliant cooks. I know several people who are both.
17) Yes, this is a phase. One biiiig, lifelong "do it till I die" phase.
18) You CAN do the diet without doing the religion. Honestly, you can.
19) "If you were stuck on a desert island..." questions are stupid. If I was stuck on a desert island, I'd eat YOU so you'd stfu about me and the desert island.
20) IF YOU EAT FISH OR CHICKEN OR ANY OTHER ANIMAL, YOU'RE NOT A VEGETARIAN!!!! Flexitarian, yes. Vege
tarian, NO! (and btw, I appreciate the flexis in this world, too - we all had to start somewhere).
21) No, I probably won't extend my quantity of life, but I sure am extending my QUALITY of my life by leaps and bounds and that's all that matters to me.
22) I'm doing this because I hate flareups and meat/milk/eggs flare me. If the day comes that vegetables do this, I'll stop eating them, too.
23) I don't care that you're eating meat. I don't care that you're eating cheese. I don't care that you live for Sunday morning omelets and/or weekday greasy fare. I DO care that you're clogging your arteries and damaging your health, but that's a matter between you and your doctor/cardiologist (and I pray you never get to that point).
24) I'm not trying to change the world - I'm only trying to change me. If you want to change, too then c'mon in! The more the merrier!
25) I'm not morally superior to you and I won't pretend to be, either.
Geeze, I only intended to list a couple of things, not a full out list (I guess I needed some venting too?)...