Things you would never say/admit to a meat eater. - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 Old 03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular
 
4EverGrounded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,644
I'll drink to the digression.
4EverGrounded is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 Old 03-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 18,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Tomatoes View Post

Here I go getting all excited that you said "We should all DRINK".



But I digress



Brandon is offline  
#63 Old 03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Newbie
 
Seitan Worship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22
"I call myself a vegetarian, but I'd like to be a vegan, but I don't want to tell you or anybody else, because I don't like being associated with most people I've met who define themselves that way. They are more closed-minded than you and just about every other meat-eater I know. Also, I have no desire for chicken, pork, or fish, but I really miss beef."
Seitan Worship is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#64 Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular
 
WonderRandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribelle View Post




If somebody said "I'm a better person than gay people, and they secretly disgust me", that would just not be acceptable. Why is this?





This is a poor analogy. Eating meat is a personal choice. Homosexuality is not.

Nec Aspera Terrent
WonderRandy is offline  
#65 Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Beachbnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,875
Wow... I'm always amazed at how divided this placed gets and how heated things are sometimes...



Just one thing... I gotta say it... I felt so much better just writing some of those things out. And then I stopped, and thought, and realized.... I gotta change that about myself. And as I read on I saw other things that reminded me of how I often thought but would never, ever give voice to... and I stopped, and thought, and realized... I really gotta look at my views on some things.



I am responsible for how I feel. I am also responsible for how I act. The two have not been aligned and I'll take care of that. But! Writing that out and reading these things helped me see that I can change for a positive way. In fact, my last line on my previous post in this thread after some venting... was something like, "Yeah, I gotta change that." and how awful I felt for admiting it.



Anyway... it's not the end of the world. And blowing up about people venting (which may have positive consequences) is, in itself, judgement and self-righteousness.



Not a sermon... Just a thought
Beachbnny is offline  
#66 Old 03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Veggie Regular
 
4EverGrounded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,644
1) Yes, veg*ns ARE a bunch B12 deficient of wackos. That's why I'm one of them.



2) I would give my left arm to be able to eat cheese again. Sometimes meat smells good, too. Especially when my husband cooks it.



3) Quit making jokes about sneaking things into my food. It's not funny now it was NEVER funny, and it won't convert me back to meat-eating but it WILL make me eternally pissedoff at you and if you piss me off enough, I might blow snot rockets into YOUR food when you're not looking.



4) I eat more than salads and my diet does not revolve around soy so quit telling me that I'll turn into a man if I eat soya and quit telling I'll die of malnutrition because I'm eating nothing but "leaves and twigs".



5) I'm veg*n on holidays, too. My family on all sides have no problem accomondating me. No, they're not veg*n. Yes, they ARE wonderful.



6) I do NOT have an ED and I'm not doing this for attention. Believe me, if I wanted attention, I'd go shopping in the nude, or something.



7) I'm not interested in hearing about your opinions on protein, calcium, iron, blood type, carbs are evil or any other dietary "fad of the week" that you happen to hear about. Not if your education was gained from a 30 second milk commercial or a segment on Dr. Phil. Now, if you actually have studied these things on a serious/semi-serious level then let's talk. I love a good discussion.



8) I know what I can have and what I can't. Don't try to be my diet police.



9) Vegan is not extreme. Raw vegan is not extreme. LO vegetarian is not extreme. Meat eating is not extreme. Ironing on the top of Mount Fuji - now THAT'S extreme!



10) God did not put the animals here for us to eat. Read Genesis 1:29 sloooooooowly until that fact sinks through and settles itself into your brain.



11) Don't try to bring my husband into this by asking what he thinks of it. He supports me fully and loves all the good things it's doing for me AND he's very proud of his ability to convert family recipes into things I can eat (just ask him).



12) Don't read out the things I can have when we're out to eat. I do appreciate you watching out for me, but honestly, you don't have to.



12a) Don't be afraid to pick any place you'd like to eat at (steakhouses included). I can find anything anywhere and to me, it's not about the food - it's about the fellowship so let's enjoy each other's company while we can.



13) Don't blurt out "SHE'S A VEG*N" in public, especially if you know I'm going to get flack for it. I don't throw you under the bus, please don't do it to me.



14) If you want to play "make fun of the meal", then know that I'll win. Every. Single. Time.



15) Yes, soap and water ARE a part of the veg*n way. So is deodorant and toothpaste. And yes, I do use all these items on a regular basis (incense, however, IS optional ).



16) Veg*ns can be foodies, too. Veg*ns can also be brilliant cooks. I know several people who are both.



17) Yes, this is a phase. One biiiig, lifelong "do it till I die" phase.



18) You CAN do the diet without doing the religion. Honestly, you can.



19) "If you were stuck on a desert island..." questions are stupid. If I was stuck on a desert island, I'd eat YOU so you'd stfu about me and the desert island.



20) IF YOU EAT FISH OR CHICKEN OR ANY OTHER ANIMAL, YOU'RE NOT A VEGETARIAN!!!! Flexitarian, yes. Vegetarian, NO! (and btw, I appreciate the flexis in this world, too - we all had to start somewhere).



21) No, I probably won't extend my quantity of life, but I sure am extending my QUALITY of my life by leaps and bounds and that's all that matters to me.



22) I'm doing this because I hate flareups and meat/milk/eggs flare me. If the day comes that vegetables do this, I'll stop eating them, too.



23) I don't care that you're eating meat. I don't care that you're eating cheese. I don't care that you live for Sunday morning omelets and/or weekday greasy fare. I DO care that you're clogging your arteries and damaging your health, but that's a matter between you and your doctor/cardiologist (and I pray you never get to that point).



24) I'm not trying to change the world - I'm only trying to change me. If you want to change, too then c'mon in! The more the merrier!



25) I'm not morally superior to you and I won't pretend to be, either.







Geeze, I only intended to list a couple of things, not a full out list (I guess I needed some venting too?)...
4EverGrounded is offline  
#67 Old 03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular
 
troub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,984
This dichotomy exists because some of us look at is as a personal choice regarding diet, while others of us look at it as murdering life.





When I see someone bite into a hamburger, I don't see a person enjoying a meal that I do not, I see someone participating in a sickness, a plague to humanity, a savage act of cruelty, someone biting into the very life of a cow. I don't see ketchup, spilled from the back of the hamburger, on their hands, but the blood of the innocent.

Will this change how I speak to them? Probably not. Will I still care about them as a person? Of course. Do I think about how horrible they are for hours and hours? Not really. But deep down inside, my ethics and morals refuse to let me just look at that as a "personal choice".
troub is offline  
#68 Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,101
1) yes your "food" is disgusting, and when the waiter brought it over i actually gagged at the smell



2) you are not sophisticated or adventureous or admirable just because you tried something like escargot, wild duck, fish eggs or whatever other disgusting crap you shoved down your craw



3) listening to you talk about how lovely duck (or any other meat)tastes just makes me want to cry



4) you'll never get it, will you. you just don't care.



6) eating chicken instead of steak does not make me feel any more comfortable with what's on your plate. a dead animal is a dead animal.



7) Bragging about being a meatlover makes you look ignorant and selfish



8) No I don't really think I'm better than you because you eat meat, but I have definately lost some respect for you



9) I wish I could be like you and not care enough about animals to do anything. I really miss being blissfully disconnected from the animals in front of me and the animals on my plate. Ignorance is bliss and I envy that.



10) You're eating another hamburger/chickenfingers/mozerella sticks? No wonder you complain about gaining weight. It serves you right.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
Chrysalis is offline  
#69 Old 03-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
Seitan Worship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22
[QUOTE=Starblossom]



8) No I don't really think I'm better than you because you eat meat, but I have definately lost some respect for you



What world of confusion are you living in, to put this in there surrounded by all of those put-down statements?
Seitan Worship is offline  
#70 Old 03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Beginner
 
napalmtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 194
1.) If I didn't know where those chicken nuggets came from, and that the fact didn't make me sick, I would have eaten them with barbecue sauce.



2.) I do get upset that when we go out to eat, you get free range of the menu, while I'm stuck looking at salads with bacon in them.



3.) I am jumping for JOY inside when you say you prefer boca burgers over REAL burgers!



4.) At times I do feel superior to you, but then I realize you may be better at other things than me.



5.) At times I do wish I could just forget about the suffering that steak arose from so I could eat it.



6.) I do cheat occasionally, but I refuse to admit it.



7.) I do mind picking meat out of my food, but I bear it so you don't get picky with me.



8.) I honestly don't care for meat, but there are times when I honestly do crave it, and at those times I am ashamed.



9.) I wish you would feel ashamed too.



10.) I could not be a vegan. I admire their will, but it's not for me.
napalmtheory is offline  
#71 Old 03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,101
[QUOTE=Seitan Worship;1539742]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post




8) No I don't really think I'm better than you because you eat meat, but I have definately lost some respect for you



What world of confusion are you living in, to put this in there surrounded by all of those put-down statements?



I said I lost some respect for them. I think that statement is congruent with everything else I said. Not like it's any of your business.



ETA: I thought this was supposed to be a supportive thread.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
Chrysalis is offline  
#72 Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Newbie
 
Seitan Worship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22
I guess I'm not sure how these statements:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post




4) you'll never get it, will you. you just don't care.



7) Bragging about being a meatlover makes you look ignorant and selfish



10) You're eating another hamburger/chickenfingers/mozerella sticks? No wonder you complain about gaining weight. It serves you right.



don't imply that you think you are better than them. that's all. my issue isn't with your post but with anll of the ones in this thread that have had these 'i don't think i'm better than you' statements mixed in with a lot of other statements that seem to directly contradict. sorry to offend. if it isn't any of my business, you shouldn't post it publicly. i'll drop it now.
Seitan Worship is offline  
#73 Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
So to those who find this thread objectionable: How is this thread any worse than the "Stupid things omnivores say" thread?



--Fromper

Fromper is offline  
#74 Old 03-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Aussyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

So to those who find this thread objectionable: How is this thread any worse than the "Stupid things omnivores say" thread?



--Fromper




Aussyj is offline  
#75 Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Veggie Regular
 
BlindLemonPep'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 318
I suspect some veg*ans may feel morally superior to other veg*ans for various reasons? (i.e. this thread) Perhaps there's a potentail thread in that aspect as well?
BlindLemonPep'r is offline  
#76 Old 03-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SuperChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 797
I, for one, take comfort in this thread. I have a lot of these judgemental, ugly thoughts myself, all the time. I know those thoughts are probably wrong. Most of us do, that's why we don't say them aloud. My problem is that even though I know I am being judgemental and arrogant, I can't seem to stop being so utterly disgusted by meat eaters. I have not found peace with that yet, like some of you have. I do want to, but in the meantime, I'm glad I'm not alone in saying:



1.) Yes, you CAN indeed live without meat. Liking it and needing it are different.



2.) Hiding your head in the sand does not make things cease to exist. Refusing to even consider the truth, because it might inconvenience you, makes you look ignorant, selfish, and stupid.



3.) I don't see how I can like you as a person when you obviously care more about your taste buds than a living, breathing, feeling creature.



4.) I am avoiding going to lunch with you because I am afraid I will blurt these things out when you order the bacon double cheeseburger wrapped in fois gras.



5.) I feel a little bad writing these statements because they aren't politically correct or "nice". But in my heart, I still feel I'm right & don't like being quiet about it just to keep the peace.
SuperChicken is offline  
#77 Old 03-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Irizary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,743
(While this thread seems rather silly to me, because I think it's best to just find ways to say the things that people are burning to say directly...)



...the difference if vegans are ignorant vs. omnis is that with vegans it's not in the service of justifying and participating in intense suffering and needless death, as it is for omnis defending their choices.



And who said vegans had to be nonjudgemental? Do you judge slave holders (especially those who could live fine lives without hurting others, but they do it because they enjoy it - as western meat eaters generally eat meat for the reason that they enjoy it, not out of any necessity)? Do you judge child molesters? People who think that animals deserve to live their lives free of torture for human whimsy have reason to judge those humans who use them as mere things to satisfy their tastebuds.



It's a strange misconception that veganism/AR is all about tolerance. Would you have expected those trying to free the slaves in the south to be neutral towards those who were enslaving black folks? Of course it's better to be an abolitionist than a slaveholder, if your value is that humans should not be enslaved. And of course it's better to be vegan...IF your value is that you're against unnecessary cruelty towards and killing of defenseless beings for trivial reasons.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

 

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Irizary is offline  
#78 Old 03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Newbie
 
zandria72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 51
- I wish I could make you watch hours of animal rights films so that you could see exactly what you're contributing to.



- It makes me incredibly sad that you don't get it (or alternatively, don't give a ****). I really think there's something wrong with people who aren't affected at all by this information.



- I do miss meat sometimes - but contributing to the meat industry is just wrong on so many levels.



- I won't have much respect for you if you won't at least learn what's happening and make some improvements. I don't expect everyone to immediately become vegetarian, but you could at least work in that direction.



- No, cow's milk is not good for you, and quit eating so much cheese!
zandria72 is offline  
#79 Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular
 
nookle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

So to those who find this thread objectionable: How is this thread any worse than the "Stupid things omnivores say" thread?



--Fromper






nookle is offline  
#80 Old 03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Beginner
 
newveggirl82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 155
I, for one, don't see a thing wrong with this thread. Remember, that the title is: Things you would never say/admit to a meat eater.



What on earth is wrong with saying what we think to eachother? Are we just supposed to sit back and "take" what omnis say to us, no matter how rude, not say OR THINK anything nasty about it? I don't think so. Plus, this is VEG*N forum, so if an omni comes through here and reads this, that's their own fault! Hello!?!?! Why are they here? It makes me feel better to be able to come here and type that I do feel a little superior to omnis because I feel I have taken the moral high road here. I don't say that to them, of course, and don't plan to. That's what this thread is here for.
newveggirl82 is offline  
#81 Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Fromper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 7,014
Ok, I'm gonna start more trouble.



Why wouldn't you say these things to meat eaters?



--Fromper

Fromper is offline  
#82 Old 03-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Beginner
 
michey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Ok, I'm gonna start more trouble.



Why wouldn't you say these things to meat eaters?



--Fromper




I don't say the things that I want to say to meat eaters because I don't want to cause conflict with them.
michey is offline  
#83 Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitan Worship View Post

I guess I'm not sure how these statements:







don't imply that you think you are better than them. that's all. my issue isn't with your post but with anll of the ones in this thread that have had these 'i don't think i'm better than you' statements mixed in with a lot of other statements that seem to directly contradict. sorry to offend. if it isn't any of my business, you shouldn't post it publicly. i'll drop it now.

I don't think there is anything wrong with my statements, and I already explained why I don't think it's a contradiction. Clearly you didn't fully read my statement, or just didn't interpret it correctly. This thread is meant to be supportive, a place where we can say what we feel without being made to feel like we need to justify something we said. It is hard enough admitting that I think these things. If you want to rip people apart on the things they post maybe you should go to the compost heap.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
Chrysalis is offline  
#84 Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Aussyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Ok, I'm gonna start more trouble.



Why wouldn't you say these things to meat eaters?



--Fromper




I don't say these things to meat eaters, because I would be thrown in jail.



No - I don't really bring these thoughts up unless provoked enough. I live wiht my mom only, and if I say anything along the lines of her being a murderer, it obviously upsets her. I just don't want to upset my mom, really. However, other omnis.....



More thoughts, by the way:



--- Ok, don't watch Meat Your Meat then. I was simply trying to open your eyes to the fact that your burger had a life. It had a face. It took breaths. It had a beating heart. While we are on the subject, would you like some more tangy-blood sauce on that patty?



----- I don't ask you to turn Vegan right now... It is a waste of my time to request such tasks of people who obviously care not about the lives of those that they see less important.



--- Let me get this straight: You worship a God that told you that eating other beings is ok? ... Well, that certainly doesn't sound like a very compassionate supreme being. If I were to worship a God, my God would be one that cares for all, not a Supreme Dick.



--- I hope that the cow that died for that burger haunts you from now on.



--- If someone rolled up to you in a wheel chair, would you eat them simply because they do not walk like you do?



--- I respect Hannibal Lector more than you. At least he saw that eating human flesh is the same as eating animal flesh. He may have been sick, but at least he was not dumb.



--- I have considered taking a huge chomp out of you, but I decided against it. Not only do you hold the natural cholesterol that your body makes, but you also have the cholesterol of other living beings as well. Instant heart-attack, anyone?



--- You know, you made a compelling argument against my Veganism when you stated that meat is supposed to be eaten. Did you get that from the reliable part of your mind, or simply from your guilt from knowing that meat is wrong?



--- The day that you give me reason for eating meat - beyond that it is needed for protein - I will consider it. Until then, I will enjoy this nice carrot that didn't scream and fear for its life when 'processed'.



--- Do you honestly believe that the wishbone in a chicken grants wishes? If so - please explain why that chicken died.
Aussyj is offline  
#85 Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,101
The only reason I don't say these things to meateaters is because they outnumber me and I'll be labelled as "crazy vegetarian who tried to convert everyone!" if I so much as say a word of what I really think. I also know that many of them simply won't ever change and I think it's pointless to insult their food. After all, if I don't want them to insult my veg sandwich I probably shouldn't insult their hamburger. However I compromise with myself by NOT denying these things if I am accused of them

them:"you must think i'm horrible for eating this"

me:*looks at them, then bites into sandwich*

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
Chrysalis is offline  
#86 Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Aussyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post

The only reason I don't say these things to meateaters is because they outnumber me and I'll be labelled as "crazy vegetarian who tried to convert everyone!" if I so much as say a word of what I really think. I also know that many of them simply won't ever change and I think it's pointless to insult their food. After all, if I don't want them to insult my veg sandwich I probably shouldn't insult their hamburger. However I compromise with myself by NOT denying these things if I am accused of them

them:"you must think i'm horrible for eating this"

me:*looks at them, then bites into sandwich*







I agree with this as well. Honestly though, if someone insults my veganism - they are welcoming nasty comments. Until then, I simply respect that we have our differences. I imagine he/she has their thoughts of me, and I have mine of them.
Aussyj is offline  
#87 Old 03-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Newbie
 
JayBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 92
I totally agree with Irizary



Quote:
And who said vegans had to be nonjudgemental? Do you judge slave holders (especially those who could live fine lives without hurting others, but they do it because they enjoy it - as western meat eaters generally eat meat for the reason that they enjoy it, not out of any necessity)? Do you judge child molesters? People who think that animals deserve to live their lives free of torture for human whimsy have reason to judge those humans who use them as mere things to satisfy their tastebuds.



Scribelle:

Quote:
For the record, I honestly don't feel morally superior to any meat eating person. Not in the slightest.



If somebody said "I'm a better person than gay people, and they secretly disgust me", that would just not be acceptable. Why is this?



That is a TERRIBLE analogy.

A better one is this:

If somebody said Im a better person that child molesters and they secretly disgust me Im sure most people wouldnt have a problem with that morally superior statement. So what is wrong with Im a better person that meat eaters and they secretly disgust me?



They both involve people desiring to act in a way that is ethically wrong (ie molest a child or eat a dead animal) and losing respect for them if they actually act on these impulses (child molesters and meat eaters). Just because one is accepted by society and the other is not should not make a difference as to the ethics.



I think people on here are acting like they are morally superior for not feeling morally superior to meat eaters. (I can understand if vegetarianism is just a diet choice ie for health reasons but) for those who made the choice for ethics why do you not feel superior? Did you not make the choice because it is the ethically superior one?

I know thats why I did it. It IS the ethically superior choice. We ARE ethically superior.
JayBaby is offline  
#88 Old 03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SummerSn0ws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 326
Eeeeek! I too feel morally superior to the omnis. I've seen so many posts where people say it's wrong, before this thread I thought I was the only one who felt that way.



And you know what? It's not wrong! I don't feel mean! I'm informed, and caring! The omnis could change if they wanted to, but they don't, so I *am* better than the omnis! Yeah! Veggie and PROUD of it!
SummerSn0ws is offline  
#89 Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Veggie Regular
 
BlindLemonPep'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 318
thought this may be an interesting link for this thread.

http://www.veggiepride.org/en/index.php
BlindLemonPep'r is offline  
#90 Old 03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Newbie
 
Becks06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 45
I try to steer clear of saying I am better than other people because of a choice I make with my own life. Different strokes for different folks I guess. While I may disagree with what others do, as every person thinks differently, does this make me truly better than them? I don't think so.

I dislike it tremendously when people think they're better than another group of people. Just because someone eats meat does not mean they are either unhealthy or uncaring. That's a generalisation and ,as with many other generalisations, is untrue.

Sorry, I just hate it when one group decides they are superior to another group. I just find it wrong. To each their own though I guess.

However, being proud of oneself is all good. Helps build a healthy outlook on your life, in a way
Becks06 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off