Fast food options - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-10-2007, 01:57 AM

What do you guys do for fast food options?

Sometimes, when you're out on the go and Subway isn't necessarily available, whatdyado?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-10-2007, 04:36 AM

sushi -either tofu or veggie
#3 Old 03-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Beginner

Bk has a veggie burger.... i look up small places that have veggie foods and if im in that area go there, tacobell anything that you say " beans/rice insted of meat" is veggie. Alos just going to te farm store or wawa...fruit cups and garden salads. Same with food stores, giant and superfresh have salad bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

where are you? fast food choices/ingredients vary hugely by country and often by region.
#5 Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Beginner

Well I always try to avoid not having something with me because I hate fast food to begin with. In my bag at all times I have a Luna bar, some fruit, almonds, and/or whatever else will fit in there. But if I do have to eat fast food, Taco Bell- ew, but very easy to veganize it. If there's a Whole Foods nearby, they have a wierd little restraunt-like thing in the store. If all else fails, stop at a convinience store and pick up Oreos or NutterButter Bites.
#6 Old 03-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I always have a snack packed with me. (yes, always.. unless I'm out running quick errands or something... even then I sometimes do)

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#7 Old 03-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Taco Bell has several already-vegetarian options, and you can easily leave something off or substitute items so you don't have to eat the same thing each time. Arbys and Wendys have baked potatoes. McDonalds has a fruit and walnut salad (not the best, but not disgusting) and an Asian chicken wrap that I've heard is pretty good without the chicken. If you're l/o, you can eat the sides almost anywhere (be careful of fried foods, as they might be put in the same fryer as meat).
#8 Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I'll grab a veggie or tofu sub from a vietnamese sub place, a falafel from a a lebanese/donair place, a smoothie from one of our many smoothie places, a wrap from a wrap/pita place, hummus and pita from a greek take out place, a baked potato from wendy's, veggie burger from BK or A&W, sushi from a fast food place, or a burrito from Taco del mar or Taco time. Taco Bell has put meat in my bean burrito every time I've been there, so that's a no go.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#9 Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Well, I try to avoid fast food, but in a pinch -- Chipotle can make up a lovely vegan burrito. It isn't cheap, but it's wonderful. Get the black beans and avoid the pinto beans, though, the pintos are made with bacon.

Qdobo also has vegetarian options, but I don't trust them as much coz the chain is owned by own of the big food conglomerates (Pepsi, I think).

Smaller places, like a local Indian restaurant with a lunch buffet are often better . . . but, you have to ask questions, especially if you're vegan. And that can make it less than fast!
#10 Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm so happy to live right down the street from Maos. It's a fast food falafel chain - completely vegetarian and mostly vegan (just don't order the feta, and avoid the yogurt sauce). Apparently, they have about a dozen locations in major cities across Europe, but only two locations here in the US so far. One's in Philly (I think), and the other is in Boynton Beach, Florida, right down the street from me. I've heard the owner of the Florida franchise is planning to open two more around here, one of which will be close to where I work in Delray Beach.

Other than that, I occasionally go to Subway. Their sweet onion sauce rocks, and I think it's vegan, but I'm not 100% sure. There's also a place with a decent salad bar down the street from where I work, where you load up a "to go" box and they charge you by the weight.

I don't go to the typical fried fast food places any more, unless I absolutely have to (like when travelling).

--Fromper

#11 Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 PM

sushi, egrolls, padthay, lasagna, chineese rice, franch fries, veggie burger, veggie taco, humus, falafel, omlets and so mch more...
#12 Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I hate fast food. The only places I eat at are: In-n-out burger (rarely... I used to work there. Dang good Grilled Cheese!), Del Taco, or Baker's Drive Thru. Bakers has a huge vegetarian menu! It's a So Cal thing. I rarely eat fast food though. The last time I had it... was weeks ago.

If I'm on the go, sometimes I stop by this place called "Little Emperor" and order the Orange Peel Vegetarian Chicken to go. It's soooooo good! Had it yesterday!
#13 Old 03-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Qdoba is my favorite place to go--their veggie tacos are awesome. They also have a frequent buyer card so I can get free food sometimes.

Be sure to ask about what's in their food if it's not obvious (they make it fresh in front of you like at Subway, or check the website)--most things that say veggie are, but at least for their new gumbo, the "vegetarian" version has their tortilla soup in it and that contains chicken. Qdoba around here also sponsors the local Meatout.

If no Qdoba around, I grab fries and a shake somewhere, or good old Taco Bell.
#14 Old 03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

If you have no choice but McDonald's- you're screwed. The only vegan items in McDonald's are cola, coffee and garden salad w/o dressing. Evene the fries have lard.

If you are at a non-mcD's fast food chain, I recommend that you get fries and salads. Those are usually the only vegan items.
#15 Old 03-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Beginner

I've discovered the past year or two that more and more fast food places are starting to cater to us vegetarians. Locally here White Spot, and A&W now have veggie burgers. The white spot one is alot better. Mcdonald's food in general is pretty gross, and traditionally will clog your arteries pretty quick. Don't care for their food, but when the family goes out for the day, and is craving fast food, their salads and their yogurts will do in a pinch. Also Taco Del Mar now has vegetarian and vegan taco's that are very tasty.
#16 Old 03-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

For fast food, I usualy go to Subway or Taco Bell. I can also order take out from Eat 'n Park (veggie burger and coleslaw is my usual) or a Chinese restaurant. Last time I was at the mall I ate a veggie sub at the Great Steak and Potato Company (I think that's the name) and tried to ignore the fact that they grill the meat and veggies on the same grill. I've also had pizza (Villa Pizza??? Sbarro??? one of those two) there. I used to get a side salad and fries or a baked potato at Wendy's, but I haven't been there in a LONG time.

If I think I need to, I pack a snack or a luna bar just in case I get stuck.
#17 Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

In my experiences around the midwest:

Subway

BK - Veggie Burger

Taco Bell

Qdoba - the Veggie Burrito & Veggie Nachos are quite good

PotBelly Sandwich Works - has a veggie option

Quiznos - really good veggie sub w/avocado, etc

Wendy's - baked potato, french fries, side salad

Buona Beef - Veggie Panini & various salads

Jimmy Johns - 2 veggie sandwich choices
#18 Old 03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

harveys veggie burger. amazing.
#19 Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

At taco bell you can subsitute anything with beef or chicken with beans instead, the beans are vegetarian so it works out nicely. Also BK has veggie burgers, Subway has the veggie delite, and at McD's you can order their salads without chicken.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page