Yes, yes, yes. My parents were cooking hamburgers a couple days ago, and I literally could not leave my room without gagging. My mom lit a candle for me, but I had to take it everywhere I went or I would smell it over the candle.
The smell stayed in the house all night and into the morning. The worst part was that I could smell it on my retainer (I left it in the kitchen on accident). I cleaned it before I put it back in my mouth, obviously.
The wierd thing is, though, that I work at a steak house, and I can never even smell it there. I'm pretty sure the smell of the onion rings overpower it, or something.