How do you find other vegetarians in your area?? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I know they are out there..I just never seem to run across them..I hear some of you talking about your groups and I just think it would be nice to have support besides getting online, which by the way is great..I LOVE this website.

I've been veg for 25 years and feel really wonderful...

Everyone I have ever worked with are meat eaters and think I'm weired (I consider that a compliment), but every single one of them ALWAYS have to see what I'm eating. Oh well, it would just be nice to have people to share my wonderful food with once in a while.. Thanx much..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

All my veg*an friends are online, but my online buddy Walt told me to go to Meetup.com and there are vegetarian and vegan meetup groups that go to restaurants and do things together and you can join online and go to one of the meetings in your area and see what you think of them. ^_^

Hope that helps.
#3 Old 07-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanx Angel, I'm going to check out your website..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Veggie Regular

At work I know one lacto/ovo veggie person and a young student worker who says he's vegan but he eats chicken soup from the deli (that's how I know it's really chicken soup). Other than that I have no one to 'bond' with in RL.
#5 Old 07-09-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandcuffedAngel View Post

All my veg*an friends are online, but my online buddy Walt told me to go to Meetup.com and there are vegetarian and vegan meetup groups that go to restaurants and do things together and you can join online and go to one of the meetings in your area and see what you think of them. ^_^

Hope that helps.

That site looks awesome! Thanks for posting that here.
#6 Old 07-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Pretty much all of my veg*n friends are on-line too, even the ones that I know are in my area. I have a few friends who are really supportive and interested in vegetarianism and eat at veg places with me who are/were omni's that I've kinda 'converted.' My three best gal pals in high school all wound up veg*n, but we are scattered across Canada right now.

A good place to start finding locals is at your cities vegetarian group (if your city has one), or at other veggie organisations like 'food not bombs'.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#7 Old 07-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I will not eat anything if meat has even touched my food..I know some people just pick the meat out..YUCK..Too late.... its already contaminated
#8 Old 07-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Administrator

I've met quite a few people through VB. You could check out the thread for your state in our Local Forums.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 07-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

No problem for the site.

I have been meaning to go to a vegan meetup around here, but I just got my car back.
#10 Old 07-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I have yet to meet any vegetarians around here except my ASL teacher from school. Since it is summer, I have not been able to tell her that I have become a vegetarian. When taking her class a couple of semesters ago, she signed that she was a vegetarian and that was actually one of the things that really got me starting to think about making the transition. When I see her again, I will attempt to tell her in sign that she made a difference. I say attempt because I have only been able to fit one ASL class in my schedule so far and she is profoundly deaf. Of course, I can always write a note.
#11 Old 07-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanx Michael, I did not realize that was there..I found Indiana..I was shocked and happy...Not much goes on around this area..A little better choice of foods in the New Buffalo "Harbor Country" (Mi) area..A lot of Chicago people have summer homes up there and the food choices are varied..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page