VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/)
-   -   Chili's black bean burgers? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/11-vegetarian-support-forum/51904-chilis-black-bean-burgers.html)

slp2b 06-26-2006 03:39 PM

A Chili's restaurant opened near where we live, but we have yet to try it so far. I was also reading in other posts about the black bean burgers available there. I was wondering if any of you could let me know if it is spicy at all. I unfortunately have a very sensitive stomach that hurts really bad if I eat anything spicy or even too much pepper. I appreciate your opinion.

peace 06-26-2006 04:29 PM

My school used to have these. I don't recall whether they were very spicy, but I remember I did not like them because they had a "grainy" texture. It was like someone had dumped some sand into the mix.

chiaraluna 06-26-2006 06:36 PM

I LOOOOOOOOVED Chili's black bean burger before I reveganized. It's not too spicy, IMO, just very black beany and tasty.

curstilace 06-26-2006 07:07 PM

I don't think that it's spicy at all. It's actually really good, but it's not vegan as it contains egg whites. Keep in mind that you don't have to order the Guiltless Black Bean Burger as is listed on the menu. With any of the regular burgers you can just substitute the bean patty for the meat one for no charge. I like the Peppercorn Burger w/o bleu cheese, but I guess that's not an option for you since you can do pepper. BBQ Ranch is also really good if you take off the bacon.

Aside from the bean patty Chili's has loads of other vegetarian (but not vegan) options. The fajita pita is good- just get a Chicken Fajita Pita and substitute veggies for the chicken on the pita. Also veggie fajitas- which come with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, veggies, rice, black beans, tortillas, guac, pico, and lettuce. The broccoli cheese soup is yummy too, and it doesn't have a chicken base like a lot of soups do.

curstilace 06-26-2006 07:08 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Chili's margaritas aren't vegan. The sour mix has albumen in it. A lot of vegans don't know that.

slp2b 06-26-2006 07:18 PM

I am actually lacto-ovo with very little lacto or ovo. Thanks for letting me know what you think. I will probably give it a try.

ltlghiagrl 06-26-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curstilace View Post

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Chili's margaritas aren't vegan. The sour mix has albumen in it. A lot of vegans don't know that.

that is just so wrong. evil chilis!

codemonkey 06-27-2006 08:14 AM

Chili's is VERY accomidating with special requests. Last time I was there, they made me a portobello mushroom veggie fajita with a side of black beans. It was DELISH!!! If you're doing the minimally lacto-ovo thing, the black bean burger is awesome. It's got a little kick to it but I don't think it was terribly spicy.

4EverGrounded 06-27-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post

Chili's is VERY accomidating with special requests. Last time I was there, they made me a portobello mushroom veggie fajita with a side of black beans. It was DELISH!!! If you're doing the minimally lacto-ovo thing, the black bean burger is awesome. It's got a little kick to it but I don't think it was terribly spicy.

OMG, that portabello veggie fajita with the black beans on the side sounds ABSOLUTELY scrummy-shious!

*considers digging out her Chili's gift card and actually using it*

.... if I knew I could get a meal like that, I mean (ARE YOU HEARING ME, CHILIS?!?!?!)

codemonkey 06-27-2006 05:19 PM

It was DIVINE!

*Seriously considers going to Chili's for dinner tonight*

kathrynsschultz 07-20-2018 07:52 PM

I cannot eat a lot of Chili’s menu items because of spiciness and stopped ordering the Southwest egg rolls as they got hotter and hotter. There is a little spiciness to the black bean burger, but, despite my extreme stomach problems, I haven’t found that their black bean burger has been too spicy for me. I think it also depends on who’s mixing it up the day you order and how heavy-handed they are with the spice. I am glad I have been able to eat this black bean burger. Warning: Be sure to check your order as a couple of nights ago my husband ordered one for me as takeout and got home with a beef burger. They did, however, give us a bunch of gift cards as an apology for the mix-up.

bobbyyan 07-30-2018 05:57 AM

Chili's black-bean burger patty is a vegetarian substitute for its beef patty and can be added to any sandwich or eaten as a side dish. Each black-bean patty contains 170 calories, 25 grams of carbohydrates, 20 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat. It also contains 760 grams of sodium, 7 grams of fibre and 3 grams of sugar. In comparison, one Chili's beef patty contains 360 calories.

bobbyyan 08-07-2018 03:48 AM

Ingredients:

* 1 can (14 oz.) dark legumes or 1 and 1/2 glasses prepared peas (check out this publish for tips on How to Prepare Dry Beans)
* 1 small onion
* 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)-substitute appx. 1/4 tsp. garlic cloves powdered orTspopped garlic
* 2 tsp. cajun seasoning
* 1/2 cup professional breads crumbs
* 1 egg
* 1/2 tsp. hot marinade (like Sriracha)
* 1 Tsp. parsley flakes
* Burger buns
* Dairy products or any toppings desired

Instructions:
Drain legumes well. Put red onion and garlic cloves in blender and combination until excellent. Add legumes and combination well until mashed reliability. Put into a combining dish and add breads food crumbs, egg, hot marinade, parsley, Cajun preparing, and mix. Mix well and form well-greasedI decided to make 3 bigger patties). Position on a well oiled stove bbq grill pan like I did or use an outside bbq grill. Prepare 5-6 moments on each part. You can also cook in the stove on Broil for 10-12 moments per part on a oiled foil-lined pan.

Shyla 08-09-2018 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyyan (Post 4118522)
Chili's black-bean burger patty is a vegetarian substitute for its beef patty and can be added to any sandwich or eaten as a side dish. Each black-bean patty contains 170 calories, 25 grams of carbohydrates, 20 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat. It also contains 760 grams of sodium, 7 grams of fibre and 3 grams of sugar. In comparison, one Chili's beef patty contains 360 calories.

Yes, I agree your point chili's black-bean burger patty is a vegetarian substitute for its beef patty.. Always veggie foods are most healthiest food compared with non- veggie foods.