Stupid things omnivores say... (Version 2.0) - Page 96 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Closed Thread

#2851 Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newveggirl82 View Post

This has nothing to do with omnis...I just wanted to mention I finally finished reading this entire thread....it was great fun!!!! Took me almost a month though, LOL

Yeah, I think we're long overdo for version 3.0.

--Fromper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2852 Old 03-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Yea this one started March '06. March should be the "Stupid Stupid Things Omnivores Say Thread Month" and start a new one every march.
#2853 Old 03-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Beginner

I like that idea, LOL. I thought about tackling the old thread. It's great when I need something mindless to do that amuses me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2854 Old 03-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Veggie Regular

This thread will close and the next STOS thread started when this thread reaches 5,000 posts.

That's the way it's always been. So there.

*this space not for sale*
#2855 Old 03-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Beginner

Oh, well, fine then. Have it your way!
#2856 Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Beginner

Argh! So many posts left to write, then!

I shall do my part and mention something that someone said to me last night:

Me- *being offered jello* No thank you.

Omni- Why? It's jello. It tastes good.

Me- I don't eat gelatin.

Omni- What's that?

Me- Ground animal bone.

Omni- Why don't you eat ground animal bone?

Me- I'm a vegan.

Omni- Well it's not like the animal was killed for the gelatin.

Me- ... Yes they are. Even if they weren't killed for it, I still wouldn't eat it. I don't eat any animal products.

Omni-Yeah. But it's just like clipping the toenails off of their hooves. That's the part of the bone they use.

Um.... what? First of all, if they didn't know what gelatin was to begin with, then how would they know what "part of the bone they use"? Second. Toenails. On hooves.
#2857 Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

And 3 - toenails. Ew.
#2858 Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Mmmm...fried toenail chips.

I'm gonna clip my toenails tonight, I want a toenail snack!

*this space not for sale*
#2859 Old 03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Beginner

#2860 Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

My god.

I went to a friends birthday party at the weekend and met the most AWFUL girl. everyone hates her apparently but has to talk to her because shes someones girlfriend. i'll start off saying it was a wing theme fancy dress and i was a ladybird with wings on. anyhoo!

earlier in the night i was outside making er, my friend a fairy wand out of a plastic fork, glitter and pipecleaners (hah) doing it outside because of the glitter... and this girl and her boyfriend were sitting on the other side of the garden talking. i hear "im not sure thatd taste good" and think although im currently tipping glue over a fork theyre probably not talking to me. then i hear "*****" so er, yes they were. i finish me fork pretending i didnt hear anything at all... then an hour or so later im waiting for the toilet and as soon as the door opens she barges past in front of me. me and my friend are like =0 rude, i said what she said earlier and my friend says she was rude to her too.

ok back to the omnivore bit.

im one of these people who doesnt shove my beliefs in your face. everyone i know eats meat, i'll happily sit in a resteraunt with them and not say anyting. its not my place. for this party i was warned thered probably be no food for me, so i bought my own. some tortillas+salsa, breadsticks+hummus dip pots, and spring rolls. so something everyone can eat like im not excluding myself. my friends know of my veganism but if someone offered me somthing id just say no thanks. somehow, ***** girl got hold of it. (probably because my friends i havent seen for a while, so like to ask if like every single thing in the house i can eat haha bless them)

she asks me if im "the vegan" i say yeah. she tells me she was vegan for seven years. i ask why shes not any more. she said she realised it was ****ing stupid and meat tasted good. i say 'oh ok' and go to walk off... but she then asks me if ive ever killed a rabbit. suprisingly enough i say no. she tells me theres no way i can be vegan if i havent ever kiled and skinned a rabbit because its hypocritical (err of what?). i say ive no desire to ever do that. she then lectures me about how unvegan i am... grabs my wings (see it was neccesary!) and says "these arent vegan!" i said how did she know that. she just kept telling me how cruel they were and how hypocritical i was for wearing them. then had a go at me for dying my hair, because hair dye isnt vegan. i say yes it is, its stargazer theyre all vegan. she says no only directions are. i say funny that, on the website it says theyre vegan i trust thier website. so basically she picks apart everything about me saying what a ****ty vegan i am. whatever i say she just keeps going! my friend was arguing with me too (who is a hypocrite for eating meat even though shes never skinned a rabbit, apparently... jaysus someone likes skinning rabbits). i wish i was sober i couldve been nasty to her then. hah

..... later i found out unsuprisingly shes a compulsive liar. hah. she told someone else she "knew all about womens problems because she has seven sisters" like the number seven eh?

also worth noting she was wearing leather trousers. mmmmm binbag chic!

Wow. I would've been more nasty if I was drinking.

****ty vegan? This coming from someone who gave it up pretty easily. So, how does it feel to be back eating corpses again?"

Oh wow, do I ever wish I could've said that. Just reading this makes me embarassed to have her as a human being.
#2861 Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 PM

hey kids, just because you're vegan doesn't mean your sense of humor has to be. i have been vegetarian for 6 or 7 years, with periods of strict veganism, but i still like violent humor and enjoy joking about meat and hunting and roadkill, especially in front of other vegans/vegetarians. i especially like cannibal jokes. most of my vegetarian friends are the same way. we're a fun bunch, you know? we take the practice seriously, though, and find that most people want to try it if it's fun, and we sure make being veggie/vegan fun. don't be a drag. that defeats the purpose. you're makin the world a better place, right? well don't just do it with your diet folks. laugh with the meateaters and everything will be better. i'm sure you all say ridiculous things every day of your life too. lighten up!

heh, did you that the Joy of Cooking has directions for how to skin a squirrel, complete with illustrations? it's my favorite cookbook ever.
#2862 Old 03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by agstarr View Post

hey kids, just because you're vegan doesn't mean your sense of humor has to be. i have been vegetarian for 6 or 7 years, with periods of strict veganism, but i still like violent humor and enjoy joking about meat and hunting and roadkill, especially in front of other vegans/vegetarians. i especially like cannibal jokes. most of my vegetarian friends are the same way. we're a fun bunch, you know? we take the practice seriously, though, and find that most people want to try it if it's fun, and we sure make being veggie/vegan fun. don't be a drag. that defeats the purpose. you're makin the world a better place, right? well don't just do it with your diet folks. laugh with the meateaters and everything will be better. i'm sure you all say ridiculous things every day of your life too. lighten up!

heh, did you that the Joy of Cooking has directions for how to skin a squirrel, complete with illustrations? it's my favorite cookbook ever.

I have a sense of humour. Even a sick one sometimes. In fact, the Irn Bru advert with the cow saying "when I'm a burger, I want to be washed down with Irn Bru" made both me and my vegan friend laugh hysterically and completely seperately, causing my omni friend to remark "isn't it weird how the vegans find that way too funny?"

but sometimes the stupid remarks become annoying, especially when they're not at all funny, just, well...stupid. In those times, this thread is a place to vent.

And sometimes the remarks ARE funny, and we're just passing on the joke here. Don't worry, it's mostly good natured.
#2863 Old 03-14-2007, 02:28 PM

i agree, hilarious sometimes. like once we were eating toast and someone was like "pass the earth balance" and my friend will asked "what the hell is earth balance?" we laughed so hard, because we realized how hippie dippy it sounded.

my favorite funny quote of ignorance would have to be from homer simpson:

HOmer: "So you're not gonna eat ham any more"

Lisa: "Nope"

HOmer: "What about pork?"

Lisa: "No"

Homer: "Bacon?"

Lisa: "No, dad! Those all come from the same animal!"

Homer: "Oh right, Lisa, some wonderful, magical creature!"
#2864 Old 03-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Beginner

This is a conversation between my mom and I. She can't stand the fact that I'm vegetarian, she can get REALLY angry with me about it too. So my boyfriends nieghbor, who is vegan, gave us some informational stuff the other day. I saw a great phamplet (spell?) that explained why vegetarians have chosen not to eat meat, including GROSS PICTURES. Here it is...

Me- Hey mom, Nathan's nieghbor got us some good recipes and informational stuff about vegetarianism.

Mom- ::roll eyes::

Me- Why do you have to roll you eyes at me? I just want to talk about something that I enjoy being a part of.

Mom- ::ignore::

Me-Why don't you read this phamplet, it explains why and such.

Mom- I don't need to read that. Vegetarians don't bother me. If Jesus ate meat, then it is good enough for me.

Me- Jesus was also Kosher. They don't abuse their animals.

So that was the end of the conversation. I should have said this "You read this for me, then you can make all the remarks you want to about how being a vegetarian is unhealthy, if you don't read it, then you can't say anything."

It clearly bothers her.
#2865 Old 03-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticizedveggi View Post

This is a conversation between my mom and I. She can't stand the fact that I'm vegetarian, she can get REALLY angry with me about it too. So my boyfriends nieghbor, who is vegan, gave us some informational stuff the other day. I saw a great phamplet (spell?) that explained why vegetarians have chosen not to eat meat, including GROSS PICTURES. Here it is...

Me- Hey mom, Nathan's nieghbor got us some good recipes and informational stuff about vegetarianism.

Mom- ::roll eyes::

Me- Why do you have to roll you eyes at me? I just want to talk about something that I enjoy being a part of.

Me-Why don't you read this phamplet, it explains why and such.

Mom- I don't need to read that. Vegetarians don't bother me. If Jesus ate meat, then it is good enough for me.

Me- Jesus was also Kosher. They don't abuse their animals.

So that was the end of the conversation. I should have said this "You read this for me, then you can make all the remarks you want to about how being a vegetarian is unhealthy, if you don't read it, then you can't say anything."

It clearly bothers her.

:[

I'll share my mommy with you, if you want. I'm really lucky that she's so cool about my veganism, even trying to go vegan herself.

I don't know what advice to give you beyond really show your mom about how a vegetarian diet is healthy and such.
#2866 Old 03-17-2007, 07:12 AM

I hope you like it. Straight from the sister's mouth, a hilarious quote from a recent conversation:

Sister: What are you drinking?

Me: Soy milk.

Sister: In a MUG?!? (Look of horror)

Me: There aren't any cups left.

Sister: Then go WASH one!

Me: ...

20 seconds later:

Sister: Do you have to drink that in here? It stinks!

Me: I don't complain of the smell when you eat cooked bacon, or regular milk.

Sister: Well that's your problem!

Me: Yeah, and this is your problem!

(ZING!)

Sister: Hmph! (goes up to her room)

I then burst out laughing. Months of reading this thread has prepared me!
#2867 Old 03-17-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart ZX View Post

Sister: What are you drinking?

Me: Soy milk.

Sister: In a MUG?!? (Look of horror)

Me: There aren't any cups left.

Sister: Then go WASH one!

Me: ...

Ha, why does she care so much about you drinking out of a mug rather than a cup?
#2868 Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveliestundead View Post

Ha, why does she care so much about you drinking out of a mug rather than a cup?

Maybe she prefers drinking out of mugs and doesn't want them to contaminated with the icky bean juice.
#2869 Old 03-18-2007, 06:11 AM

In my Astronomy class:

Friend to other girl: Annie's going vegetarian.

Girl: Shes so stupid, shell end up in hospital.

Teacher: Vegetarian is the way to go!

Girl: What? Are you vegetarian sir?

Teacher: Ive been a vegetarian for 35 years and Im still here. Never been in hospital either.

Girl and friend:

I love my Astronomy teacher now! He comes and talks to me in Physics (hes also my Physics teacher) and gives me suggestions for meals and recipes

Im slightly annoyed with my Biology teacher though. He has a pacemaker and is also on Beta blockers (as not only does his heart slow down it also quickens up) and hes only 31. As soon as he found out he said he went vegetarian. Someone in the class asked him if he ate fish and he said Yes. I also eat poultry. Vegetarians only give up red meat like beef, lamb etc not fish or poultry.
#2870 Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Beginner

Ok, so we went to my sister in laws house last night to hang out. Her husband made a funny comment (remember David; I've told you about , lol)

A little background first: My son was hospitalized for rotavirus last weekend. My father in law, who doesn't like me, told my sister in law (his daughter) that he probably wouldn't have gotten sick if I kept the house cleaner. He wouldn't know what it's like trying to keep a house clean with three little ones running around, he wasn't ever around when his kids were little.

Me: (to hubby) Hey, did you know that Ryan got sick because I don't keep the house clean enough?

Hubby: Who the *%^$#@! said that??

Me: Your dad.

Hubby: Well, he can *&%K off.

David: No, it's because ya'll don't eat meat anymore.

Me:

He was joking, but still...LOL

I immediately, said yeaaah...he got sick because I don't let him eat meat with poop in it. He just laughed.
#2871 Old 03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newveggirl82 View Post

Ok, so we went to my sister in laws house last night to hang out. Her husband made a funny comment (remember David; I've told you about , lol)

A little background first: My son was hospitalized for rotavirus last weekend. My father in law, who doesn't like me, told my sister in law (his daughter) that he probably wouldn't have gotten sick if I kept the house cleaner. He wouldn't know what it's like trying to keep a house clean with three little ones running around, he wasn't ever around when his kids were little.

Me: (to hubby) Hey, did you know that Ryan got sick because I don't keep the house clean enough?

Hubby: Who the *%^$#@! said that??

Me: Your dad.

Hubby: Well, he can *&%K off.

David: No, it's because ya'll don't eat meat anymore.

Me:

He was joking, but still...LOL

I immediately, said yeaaah...he got sick because I don't let him eat meat with poop in it. He just laughed.

I can relate, my parents seem to blame every medical condition I get on veganism, everything from colds, stomach flu, even frizzy hair!
#2872 Old 03-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenstar View Post

Im slightly annoyed with my Biology teacher though. He has a pacemaker and is also on Beta blockers (as not only does his heart slow down it also quickens up) and hes only 31. As soon as he found out he said he went vegetarian. Someone in the class asked him if he ate fish and he said Yes. I also eat poultry. Vegetarians only give up red meat like beef, lamb etc not fish or poultry.

This guy is allowed to teach Biology???
#2873 Old 03-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Dad two seconds ago :

I dont understand why u dont eat fish. Fish is the best thing for your body in the world! You can combine it with everything! Fish was only made for us to eat you know.

=(
#2874 Old 03-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescas View Post

Dad two seconds ago :

I dont understand why u dont eat fish. Fish is the best thing for your body in the world! You can combine it with everything! Fish was only made for us to eat you know.

=(

It's hard when you get to hear something like this, because it's basically purely opinion, and not fact.

Pros & cons of eating fish. Hopefully this will give you some response ideas.
#2875 Old 03-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

This guy is allowed to teach Biology???

Yeah. He's a good teacher in all other aspect so after the lesson (the rest of the class hate me trying to correct him in the things he's teaching wrong. They turn around and yell at me to shut up. Their loss ) I went up to him and explained that vegetarian meant you didn't eat any meat including poultry and fish. His response: Yeah I know but it's easier to say I'm vegetarian when I'm out as I only eat poultry or fish when I'm at home."

I give up!

Even when I only ate a small amount of fish every week or so (made to by my mother: she wouldn't accept that fish wasn't vegetarian until I showed her countless websites stating that it wasn't vegetarian. ) I didn't call myself vegetarian. Why can't other so-called "vegetarians"?
#2876 Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you usehername. I definetly need something like that!
#2877 Old 03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenstar View Post

Yeah. He's a good teacher in all other aspect so after the lesson (the rest of the class hate me trying to correct him in the things he's teaching wrong. They turn around and yell at me to shut up. Their loss ) I went up to him and explained that vegetarian meant you didn't eat any meat including poultry and fish. His response: Yeah I know but it's easier to say I'm vegetarian when I'm out as I only eat poultry or fish when I'm at home."

It's one thing to ask for a vegetarian meal.. but it doesn't make you vegetarian!!!
#2878 Old 03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

It's one thing to ask for a vegetarian meal.. but it doesn't make you vegetarian!!!

I find that sometimes it can be like pulling teeth, just trying to get someone to admit something veg*n is good. It's almost as if by admitting, "Oh yeah, this dish is delicious" that they're declaring vegetarianism.

Oh and to Pescas, your welcome.
#2879 Old 03-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular

My doctor while we were in Thursday.

"If you're vegan because you don't like the taste of meat, fine. If you're a vegan for ethics then you should know that more gophers get their heads lopped off by farmers than anything."

What does farmers killing gophers [accident or not] have to do with veganism?
#2880 Old 03-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandcuffedAngel View Post

My doctor while we were in Thursday.

"If you're vegan because you don't like the taste of meat, fine. If you're a vegan for ethics then you should know that more gophers get their heads lopped off by farmers than anything."

What does farmers killing gophers [accident or not] have to do with veganism?

That was real nice of your doctor. He probably means that animals are killed by tractors, etc in fields. Tell him that 70% of the corn grown goes to livestock, and by going veg*n you are reducing the demand for meat, thus reducing the number of live stock, thus reducing the amount of corn grown, thus reducing the number of animals killed by tractors, etc.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page