#31 Old 03-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Veggie Regular

*laughs hysterically*

whoever that is, is seriously diluded!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-03-2006, 06:19 AM

I agree w/ Wildflower.

Yhea....there are starving ppl in the world...wanna know how to help that? STOP EATING MEAT! Give them back their land that McDeath and co have been using to graze cattle and what not, oh, and all the grain/water that goes into feeding cattle too.

Wow, some ppl are strange.
#33 Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 AM

wednesday at lunch

"you're vegetarian? But- you're in *vet* school"

yeah, cause we all want doctors that eat their patients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

As a kid, I was told stories about how people were starving in India, but there were cows everywhere and that people were starving because they would not eat them.
#35 Old 03-03-2006, 01:31 PM

I always get comments like "what about that carrot? It didn't like being pulled out of the ground!" or "what do you mean you don't eat turkey on thanksgiving? (or any other holiday related comment)" But now that it's lent for the Catholic people, it's amusing to watch the Catholic people fuss on Fridays because they had forgotten, or look at my plate and say "oh yeah, i'm not supposed to be eating meat now, am i?"
#36 Old 03-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

girl at my Catholic school today,

"Gosh! I gave up chips for lent and we cant eat meat today! What AM i going to eat?!?!"

meat and chips... nice healthy mix
#37 Old 03-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Bumper sticker:

Vegetarian

An Indian word for "bad hunter"

Grrrrrrrrrrr.
#38 Old 03-03-2006, 07:18 PM

I was talking to someone last week, and somehow it got brought up that I don't eat meat. After I said I don't eat meat, he said, "Really? So like... do you eat fish?" I said no. He said, "Oh, so you must be one of those... what are they called... vegans?" (Which, I am vegan, but it's a little more than not eating fish, silly!)

I guess people get the idea that vegan is a step beyond vegetarianism. But when you don't even know the definition of vegetarian... geez.
#39 Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Veggie Regular

So even though I'm Lacto-Ovo, not vegan, this amused me.

Non veg kid drinking soy milk (I know! ): Mmm. . .I love my chocolate soymilk.

Me: Oh wow that's great.

Two other girls (to kid drinking soy): You and your soymilk. That's so disgusting. You know I saw on the food network how that stuff is made. . .it's like made from soy beans. .. isn't that gross?

Me: Yeah, thank god sucking the lactation from the udder of a cow that's been filled with hormones is so much more appetizing.

#40 Old 03-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

My older brother came in the other day and picked up a packet of liquorice all sorts, he ate one going "mmm" put another one in his mouth and started to chew, he then noticed the packet was on my table and stopped chewing as if suddenly realising something, "These aren't some of your vegan rubbish sweets, are they?" he asked, I nodded and he spat the rest out in the bin going "yuck"

"Through the centuries, we have projected onto the wolf the qualities we most despise and fear in ourselves." ~ Barry Lopez.
#41 Old 03-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by manics_fan View Post

My older brother came in the other day and picked up a packet of liquorice all sorts, he ate one going "mmm" put another one in his mouth and started to chew, he then noticed the packet was on my table and stopped chewing as if suddenly realising something, "These aren't some of your vegan rubbish sweets, are they?" he asked, I nodded and he spat the rest out in the bin going "yuck"

Yeah, because licorice that isn't flavored with bacon is just disgusting.
#42 Old 03-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junia View Post

Yeah, because licorice that isn't flavored with bacon is just disgusting.

I was thinking the same thing... since when is licorice non-vegan anyway?? I suppose some brands might have gelatin in them...
#43 Old 03-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Wonder View Post

I got the "What if you were on a deserted island with nothing but toxic plants and a wild boar?" on Monday. But it wasn't that bad, I did get her to eat half a boca burger at Denny's, which she liked.

~Wonder

If there's only toxic plants and wild boars...what are the boars eating?

I hate the "If the situation was reversed . . ." crap. People do that to me all the time "If cows were carnivores, they'd eat you!!" yeah, and if your aunt had balls she'd be your freakin' uncle...what's your point?
#44 Old 03-04-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manics_fan View Post

*Grumbles* I absolutely hate it when people do that! I don't understand why they don't see how retarded it makes them look when they go from enjoying something one minute, even smacking their lips appreciatively, to spitting something out with disdain the next minute. My siblings do this as well, most recently with a pizza I had delivered. Papa John's sauce and dogh are vegan, so I order one once in a while topped with pineapple, mushrooms, and black olives. My little bro came in and grabbed a few slices, swallowed them down quick as can be (he is an 18 year old boy after all) and then asked where the pizza was from. I replied, "Oh, it's just a vegan pizza I ordered from Papa John's." His face went white, and he said something along the lines of "Oh my God, ick, I can't believe I just ate something vegan, I think I'm going to throw up!" It wasn't like he was joking though; he was seriously distressed that he had eaten something vegan, as if there is some secret deadly vegan ingredient that we add to make it poisonous to omnis. *Sighs*
#45 Old 03-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegKitten84 View Post

I hate the "If the situation was reversed . . ." crap. People do that to me all the time "If cows were carnivores, they'd eat you!!" yeah, and if your aunt had balls she'd be your freakin' uncle...what's your point?

That one's goin' in the archives!
#46 Old 03-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I had someone online tell me he seriously believed that animal do not feel ANY pain or think AT ALL. He literally believe that they are objects that move around chemically and that's it. I told him I was amazed that there were still people like him around and asked if he still believes the Earth is flat too, lol.
#47 Old 03-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Beginner

in a resturant....

waiter: any vegetarians here?

me: yes me

waiter: do you eat fish?

me: vegetarians dont eat fish..... there called pescetarians
#48 Old 03-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

I was thinking the same thing... since when is licorice non-vegan anyway?? I suppose some brands might have gelatin in them...

As a black licorice fanatic I can tell you that sadly, many brands have geletin, honey or beeswax in them.

I got this comment AGAIN yesterday (and have probably ranted about it in past threads...) "How can you be vegetarian? I thought all vegetarians were SKINNY?"
#49 Old 03-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

My response: "Vegetarians come in all shapes and sizes, but as a rule, we get cancer a lot less often!"
#50 Old 03-04-2006, 12:59 PM

Wow. I've actually heard that before. Someone came up to me and asked me if I was vegan. When I said yes, they said, "Oh well you better stop taking insulin!" I was like, "Uh.. ok." I'm not even diabetic!!!
#51 Old 03-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

As a black licorice fanatic I can tell you that sadly, many brands have geletin, honey or beeswax in them.

I've been eating Darrell Lea's Soft Eating Liquorice. I don't know if you can get it where you are, but it's gelatin free. Comes in mango (yum!), strawberry, and original black.
#52 Old 03-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah... and how many non-veg*ns even know that gelatin is an animal product?
#53 Old 03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I love the "You're going to end up in the hospital" lecture.

Or "This is just a phase, you'll grow out of it". When my dad told me that, I replied, "Yeah, that's what you said about vegetarianism".
#54 Old 03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseHerName View Post

I love the "You're going to end up in the hospital" lecture.

Or "This is just a phase, you'll grow out of it". When my dad told me that, I replied, "Yeah, that's what you said about vegetarianism".

"Are you still a vegan?" -- I just *love* the assumptions inherent in this phrase.
#55 Old 03-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned

a few weeks ago I was at a friends birthday party, the girl was turning 16 and had a beautiful cake made. Just as I'm about to put a bite into my mouth the girls mother comes over to me and sits down(this woman has never liked me). I gave her a little nod and swolowed my bite. About three seconds later I look over at her and I could see the wheels turning inside her head.

She says: "you know" *pause* "I'll bet your really glad that cake isn't made of meat."

Me: *half laughing half* "yeah well most people, vegetarian or not like their cake better without the taste of dead animal in it, so I'll be willing to bet that you like it a lot better without dead animal in it also."

Her: "uh....well.....uh....I guess that's true"
#56 Old 03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah... and how many non-veg*ns even know that gelatin is an animal product?

In my experience, quite a lot. It's probably the one thing that many non-veg*ns are weary of when they offer me food.
#57 Old 03-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

In my experience, quite a lot. It's probably the one thing that many non-veg*ns are weary of when they offer me food.

Wow, really? I get shocked looks from people when I explain what gelatin is.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#58 Old 03-04-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:

My response: "Vegetarians come in all shapes and sizes, but as a rule, we get cancer a lot less often!"

i get that alot too--cause i am not a skinny minnie--i am normal sized...and always reply that we come in all shapes and sizes--am gonna add that cancer part too.

peace and love

jenn
#59 Old 03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Wow, you know some well-informed omnis. I've never met anyone who knew without me having to tell them.
#60 Old 03-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wow, you know some well-informed omnis. I've never met anyone who knew without me having to tell them.

same here. well, except for an Indian lady i work with.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page