Stupid things omnivores say... (Version 2.0) - Page 132 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Closed Thread

#3931 Old 10-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Brilliant. How much of life is left if you're against all things 'icky'?

Hahaha, I know.

Quote:

Linseeds = flaxseeds BTW.

I adore flaxseeds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3932 Old 10-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVMV View Post

Does your doctor drive a van ?

LOL!
#3933 Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Some I got today and yesterday...

TONIGHT AT DINNER: THE PERSISTENT QUESTIONER

"So are you a vegetarian?"

"Why is that?"

"How long has that been going on?"

[After answering all these questions, I attempt to change the subject. But he comes back to it later on with...]

"So you don't eat fish? Wow."

Me: "No, I don't eat fish. (To my husband) How's your salad, honey? This bread is great, isn't it?"

[But he still can't let it go, so later on I get...]

"Oh wow, so I just realized why you asked for that appetizer without the foie gras! That's animal flesh too, huh?"

DUDE. LET IT GO!

YESTERDAY AT LUNCH: THE JUST PLAIN RUDE B*TCH

[After asking me if I was a vegetarian, and me saying yes] "Why would you want to do THAT??"

Me: "Well, I really like animals..."

Her: [defensive] "Well, I like animals too!"

Later in the same lunch, which I didn't finish: "Oh look, Ashlend doesn't like her food. She wishes it had meat in it."

Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#3934 Old 10-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

Later in the same lunch, which I didn't finish: "Oh look, Ashlend doesn't like her food. She wishes it had meat in it."

I think my answer to that would be "No, eating with rude people just ruins my appetite".

--Fromper

#3935 Old 10-28-2007, 04:47 AM

convo between me and a guy at a pub yesterday

"so what societies did you join at uni?"

"oh just the veggie/vegan one"

"oh right I'm guessing your veggie then?"

"yup"

"don't you feel tired all the time?"

"Nope. In fact I feel tonnes better."

"oh.... my *random friends cousin or something* is vegetarian and she never has any energy"

"Oh right. Well I'm full of beans actualy.I was anemic when I ate meat actually and now I'm not. Tell your friend to eat less junk food and more veg"

"Aren't most veggies always tired?"

"No."

"how long have you been veggie?"

"bout a year and a half"

"and your not tired"

"not at all"

"Oh."

I wanted to scream.
#3936 Old 10-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVMV View Post

What? How can a person be so rude and annoying?

"Go get some protein"

Oh and now he cares about you?

I never had someone calling me an idiot because I was vegetarian. But be sure that after such a comment I would come pretty hard on him. Grrrrrrrrrrr

I hate when people are intolerant but intolerant and insulting...I would

I have no idea why he's talking about protein & being healthy since he smokes, which wasn't too good for you last time I checked! He even used the "some of my best friends" line to defend himself later on. His friends must have very low standards. Still, I don't expect someone who thinks "Your mum" jokes are the height of humour to be pleasant.
#3937 Old 10-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

On Thursday at lunch, some kid (whom I actually HATE, in fact I could care less if he died, though I realize that's a horrible thought to think) threw, threw ham at my face.

Normally I'm not physically a very violent person but I went over there and kicked him. Hard.

I hope he's sterile now that I've kicked him there, removing him from the gene pool would be wonderful.

He's probably one of the only people I truly could care less about.
#3938 Old 10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrple View Post

On Thursday at lunch, some kid (whom I actually HATE, in fact I could care less if he died, though I realize that's a horrible thought to think) threw, threw ham at my face.

Normally I'm not physically a very violent person but I went over there and kicked him. Hard.

I hope he's sterile now that I've kicked him there, removing him from the gene pool would be wonderful.

hahah good one

at least there's one who won't be contributing to over population

:-)
#3939 Old 10-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Your post gave me flashbacks at how mean kids can be in high school!!! Hang in there! Life isn't so bad once the teenage years are over!
#3940 Old 10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

As bad as his actions were, violence is never the answer. If you think going around kicking people is the way to deal with them you have a hard life ahead of you.
#3941 Old 10-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post

As bad as his actions were, violence is never the answer. If you think going around kicking people is the way to deal with them you have a hard life ahead of you.

i've never understood the idea of complete non-violence. that is to say, i understand the concept, but i cannot see myself not reacting with violence under threat of harm for others or myself, regardless of doctrine.
#3942 Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Girl at a party who found out my boyfriend and I are vegetarians: "You're vegetarians?! My husband shot a bear!!"

Us: Silence.

Girl: Bear meat is really healthy.

Us: *Exchanging glances*

Yeah, it didn't make sense to us either.
#3943 Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFriskyCat View Post

Girl at a party who found out my boyfriend and I are vegetarians: "You're vegetarians?! My husband shot a bear!!"

Sure, it's healthy. If you don't count the parasites you can only get from bear meat.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#3944 Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh, you poor, poor souls.
#3945 Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

Sure, it's healthy. If you don't count the parasites you can only get from bear meat.

It had to be a manbearpig...
#3946 Old 10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

Mad bear disease?

--Fromper

#3947 Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Beginner

"OMG YOU ARE SUCH A HIPPY! YOUR LONG HAIR AND VEGANISUM, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"Compassion"
#3948 Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
It had to be a manbearpig...

#3949 Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Many years ago when I met my first set of in-laws for the first time, they had chili one night. Now I was accustomed to down south, hot as heck, made with beef (yeah, I know, but this was over 20 years ago) chili. I knew something was weird about this chili..... then they told me. Bear chili. Don't think I need to say anything more.
#3950 Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by illyrianmoon View Post

True. I wasn't thinking about it that way.

It immediately strikes me as sexist when someone assumes I eat only bread and veggies because I don't want to put on weight, but maybe gender has nothing to do with it. They should see the way I eat at home!

kudos. people do the same to me down here. they are like "you dont need to lose any weight." no, but im not only eating this way to stay slim. southern culture is all about eating fried, buttered, nasty stuff. ive only been a vegan for a few weeks (before that i spent 9 years as a vegetarian), but i still wouldnt eat that stuff. there's one restaurant down here that i went to-- i ordered the vegetable soup thinking it would be all veggies and such, but there was GROUND BEEF in it! i had no idea...
#3951 Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

the other day at work a group of us were talking about doctors and health problems in general when a co-worker told me out of nowhere that i'm probably anemic.

my response: um i think i would have some symptoms of anemia if i was anemic
#3952 Old 11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatilian View Post

the other day at work a group of us were talking about doctors and health problems in general when a co-worker told me out of nowhere that i'm probably anemic.

my response: um i think i would have some symptoms of anemia if i was anemic

Oh sheesh. That would be like every veg*n telling every omni that they probably have heart disease.
#3953 Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by leminchyl View Post

kudos. people do the same to me down here. they are like "you dont need to lose any weight." no, but im not only eating this way to stay slim. southern culture is all about eating fried, buttered, nasty stuff. ive only been a vegan for a few weeks (before that i spent 9 years as a vegetarian), but i still wouldnt eat that stuff. there's one restaurant down here that i went to-- i ordered the vegetable soup thinking it would be all veggies and such, but there was GROUND BEEF in it! i had no idea...

Ugh. I can sympathize. I live in northern Indiana, and traditional "Amish-style" restaurants abound. I've been to one once since becoming vegan (with my family) - the rice had chicken, the green beans had bacon, naturally all the entrees were animal-based. . . and even if they weren't, it was all covered in butter anyway! I believe I had some ice berg lettuce with no dressing and a water. The waiter looked at me like I had a screw loose.
#3954 Old 11-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

my future inlaws:

"i believe that we must keep eating animals because if we stop there will be too many and they will start to eat us. We have to control there population otherwise they will kill us off. That is why people hunt, in order to keep back the animals that over populate and threaten us."

This comes from someone who i believed was smarter then that. I was shocked such a stupid comment/belief is held by anyone, let alone someone that seemed rather intelligent.

ya, a cow, with 2 stomaches is going to start to crave human flesh. THATS going to happen. what about them chickens... they will band together and hunt us (like the wolves stock there prey). Please. There is no fear of even predatory animals (which ominivores dont usually eat) of threatening human survival.
#3955 Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Beginner

plus the fact we overproduce animals in factory farms anyhow.. lol

also:

My mum keeps trying to slip in cod liver oil tablets when im having my vitamins and such at night.. i keep telling her to stop buying them telling her i don't eat fish and she goes, "well it's just abit of cod oil, stop being so fussy"

¬_¬
#3956 Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

If that kid did it to me, he'd still be in the hospital
#3957 Old 11-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Almost every friday, I go country line dancing with some work buddies. It's great excercise and a lot of fun. (and hell, why not solidify the Texas stereotype,lol)

Statement I received from a coworker when I invited him along once:

"Vegetarians don't dance or like beer, you sure you like it?!"

Still can't figure that one out
#3958 Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 AM

My dad said something today... It was not stupid, it was actually funny.

I'm having lunch with my parents tomorrow, and my Dad said that he was cooking snails for the afternoon. I said I don't eat snails anymore (something I loved before) and my dad said:

Dad: You don't even eat snails?

Me: Yeh, dad, snails are not vegetables, last time I checked.

Dad: With all this, I don't even now if you "eat" your boyfriend. *laughs*

Dharma
#3959 Old 11-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

haha, that's funny!
#3960 Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds like you guys have a pretty open relationship...

I can imagine my dad sprouting feathers before he'd make a joke like that...

slops, gloops, and gruels.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page