I ate KFC's Chicken!! (dream) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Banned

Okay, I didn't know where to post this I probably posted it wrong. Oh well. I had this dream last night and for some reason I am still thinking about it. I don't dream very much but when I do I remember it.

Last night I dreamed that my boyfriend was forcing me to eat KFC by shoving a fried chicken down my throat. I rember him sitting on me I was so mad. I got violently ill in this dream. I don't know what this means and I am curious.My boyfriend has been very supportive since I went vegan. So I really don't understand where this dream is coming from.It was a little bit werid, I woke up this morning actually believing that this happened. Any ideas on what this means??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you feel a gap between the two of you because of your veg? I'm not really one to believe that your dreams really mean anything, although lastnight I had a very creepy dream and I couldn't fall asleep afterwards. I do believe that some people dream about the last thing they were thinking about before they went to sleep, even if it is subconscience.

Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I remember using a site once that let you type out your dream and it would analyze it...do a search and you might find something like it.
#3 Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 AM
Banned

I don't recall thinking about chicken or KFC, the thought of KFC grosses me out, I might have saw a comercial. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I had a dream recently where I ate KFC. I don't remember whether I ate chicken and the extras (mashed potatoes, coleslaw, etc) or only the extras, and I didn't care what was in them. My sister (a pescetarian IRL) was with me, and she ate the same stuff.

*this space not for sale*
#5 Old 01-05-2006, 02:18 AM
ali

Thats pretty funny. I've had what I consider "bad dreams" where I too have eaten meat. Bacon especially. WTF is up with that? I've been meat free for 7 months and never crave meat but I have dreams about it. They have become less frequent with time thank god!
#6 Old 01-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

I know it makes no sense.Its been almost 5 months for me.
#7 Old 01-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to have dreams like that too, it was usually something like pot roast tv dinners :S.
#8 Old 01-05-2006, 12:37 PM

Maybe you feel that his meat-eating is a reflection of you. You may be unhappy that he eats meat and don't want to tell him for fear of being "one of those" preachy types, especially if he's been supportive of you. Share the dream with him and start some dialogue about your different eating habits. If you're a veg for ethical reasons, it may bother you to share your life with someone who doesn't share your ethics.
#9 Old 01-05-2006, 01:06 PM

I have had a dream like that before but I still don't understand them

I remember one dream where I was walking to school with a friend and she had some candy and she offered me a packet and even though I knew that candy contained gelatine, I still took it and ate it!
#10 Old 01-05-2006, 03:13 PM

Thanks for the advice, that makes since about me not liking him to eat meat, he agreed that he would eat vegetarian dishes 3 times a week Thats a start.
#11 Old 01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you been under an unusual amount of stress recently? Stress increases our need for support from people around us, and can at the same time make us feel alienated even though there is nothing the other person is doing wrong. I always get nightmares when I get really stressed out.
#12 Old 01-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

I actually been really relaxed lately.
#13 Old 01-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Many people have nightmares about meat after they become a vegetarian or vegan. I was really freaked out after my first one and I started a thread on it. Turns out it's pretty common. We call them meatmares!

If you do a search for meatmares, you'll find some pretty entertaining threads!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#14 Old 01-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Administrator

I've had several dreams like that. I think it's fairly common.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#15 Old 01-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I had a dream where I was with an ex-friend of mine and we were having breakfast and it was all vegan (she was vegan too). There was an egg on my plate and it seemed normal, but then I realized, hey why is there an egg on my plate? It was weird.

Another time I made a sandwich and put it in the fridge and someone took it out and snuck meat or cheese into it and I ate it, but got mad.
#16 Old 01-06-2006, 03:09 AM

Maybe you feel doubtful of the support you're getting? Or maybe its a fear ?
#17 Old 01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Last night I had a dream I ate cheese tequitos and then went outside and was eating chocolate.

I was really freaked out once i realized what i did.
#18 Old 01-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I think dreams do mean something because apparently dreams are just random images and the person dreaming actually pieces them together into a coherent whole. So, this probably does mean something.
#19 Old 01-08-2006, 05:09 PM

I don't know if the dream that I had last night was triggered by this, but I had a dream last night that I was eating a burrito, I opened it up, and thre was a rediculous sized steak(not peices of meat, a steak) in the burrito
#20 Old 01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Beginner

The steak in the burrito made me laugh!

I used to have those dreams when I first became veg. But they were never very frequent.

Have you found they correspond to times when you are spending a lot of energy defending your vegetarian status to family and friends?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page