Boston Vegetarian food festival! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Beginner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Beginner

I saw an ad for this on the T - I hardly ever travel and am going out of town this weekend!!

Even my meat and potatoes boyfriend said that he thought it would have been interesting to go.

Have lots of fun on Saturday!!
#3 Old 10-20-2005, 09:49 AM

oooh looks really awesome!! I wish i could go!

Have fun if you go and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-20-2005, 10:28 AM
MEM
Veggie Regular

<--------- This is me, being totally jealous of everyone in Boston.

Next year, I think I'll planning my yearly boston trek to coincide with this.
#5 Old 10-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I am! And I'm going to bring my newly-gone-vegetarian boyfriend! My first conversion, yay!
#6 Old 10-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Beginner

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! What sucks is that I have to work a wine tasting at 2 (which will also be fun lol) so Im gonna go to the festival from 10-1230 If anyone wants to go to the wine tasting Im doing (Im featuring some awesome South African blends and vintage port)..its at the Wine Gallery in Brookline...not too far from the festival...its the Wine Gallerys big annual tasting so it should be loads of fun too!!
#7 Old 10-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

not me. i went last year and it was crap.

WAY WAY too many people for the venue. everyone was crammed in next to each other. very few free samples, and almost every booth was for processed foods.

i'll never go again.
#8 Old 10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Beginner

I figured its going to be ridiculously packed....which could certainly be potentially very annoying....but Ive never gone so Im psyched none the less
#9 Old 10-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Beginner

I went to this yesterday... it definitely was packed in there, but there were more samples and free treats than when I went to the festival two years ago. I got to sample products I didn't even know existed!
#10 Old 10-24-2005, 07:37 AM

I got there at 10:30 and it wasn't too crowded. It wasn't too long before it became packed! There were lots of samples and they seemed to be giving away good size samples this time. For example, Soy Delicious had samples of it's Purely Decadent line. I thought they would put a tiny scoop into a little cup but they were giving out prepackaged individual sized cups(I tried praline pecan ) I always have a good time but it would be so much better if they could have it in a larger venue! Karen
#11 Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I went around 1-ish and it was PACKED! My fiance bailed on me at the last minute but I still had a good time. The Purely Decadent samples were awesome and the baked goods I bought from Hippie Chicks were scrumptuous. My other fav was the Peanut Better samples--the Praline Peanut Butter is very, very tasty.
#12 Old 10-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

To bad Chicago does not have a Veg day . It has been a while since I was in Boston. When I was there my wife and I tried the Buddhas Garden, or Buddhas delight, it was an awesome vegetarian restaurant there. We were in town visiting for a few days and once we found it was ate there exclusively.
#13 Old 10-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah they really need to have it at a bigger place! I didn't realize there would be so many people, but that's a great thing My lunch was basiclly all the free samples, soooo yummy! I ate one of those Soy Delicious Praline Pecan icecreams too, that was SO GOOD! The indian food was great too. I thought that was awesome that they gave a packet of spices and a recipe so you can make your own dish.

The thing that sucked is I have a hurt knee...so if you saw a girl there limping around, that was probably me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page