Burger King chicken fries commercials - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Beginner

One of the most despicable commercials I've ever seen!

This is the ultimate example of how the media tried to blind the public from the truth. This commercials is portraying the chickens as the bad guys. It's bad enough that it takes place on a family farm. But to make humans look like the victems being tortured? Basically this commercials is trying to make people think "Wow, chickens are evil. They deserve to be eaten." Even little kids might believe it. The chickens are portrayed terribly when in reality all of Burger King's meat is from their own factory farm. Where the chickens are the innocent victems!

Not only are the the innocent onces, but the chickens in the commercial were well grown up and clucking. When in reality the chickens slaughtered are just weeks old. Everything about that stupid commercial is the exact opposite in real life. Maybe I shouldn't be making such a big deal. I'm sure the commercial was just meant to be amusing. But that just makes it even worse! I bet most of the public would even know what a factory farm was unless animal rights groups didn't point it out.

I'm just tired of chickens being portryaed as ugly, comical creatures. When in reality they're the most innocent and tortured souls on the planet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Veggie Regular

i think that comertial is absolutely disgusting .... i can't wantch it especially with that song playing

btw i didn't think of it the way you do but i guess it does kind of makes sence .... i guess it's meant to be subconcious ...

oh man that comertial makes me sick .... literally
#3 Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I swear.. VB people take commercials waaaay too seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Beginner

Actually you are correct in being so defensive about commercials like that in as such the same despicable marketing tactics are also used against people for so called health reasons to perpetuate the sale and use of so called medicines, which in many cases prove to be a very big mistake. One of the points of commercials are to loosen the restraints of rationalism that most would originally have against such actions or statements but are lost in the scandolous br*inw*shing tactics of our ever inceasingly demoralising media-for-profit. Millions and millions of dollars are spent on 1 min or less commercials. In these days and times there are very, very few commercials that are soely meant to be funny or otherwise just humor inducing. Of course, if you are one of the ones who sit there and say oh, it's just a silly commercial, and cannot find a deeper conveyence within, then you better believe you have been takin for a ride by them just as they had hoped for, even if you don't buy the products the criteria for sucess in their eyes has been validated because of the fact that somebody who would not even purchase their product agrees in the ways they choose to do their marketing. There are numerous harmful and substantially injurious concequences to the methods that are used to sell products and services and not to mention the tactics themselves are just plain distressing. Most people do not take these things serious enough, almost lightheartedly even. I find nothing funny about the deception, demoralization and degradation of a mass of people on behalf of a companies profits.

I must mention psy, that you work for the aforementioned company.?
#5 Old 09-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I saw this commercial and just look away everytime it comes on.

How can you eat anything with eyes? ~ Will Kellogg
#6 Old 09-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Vegan Police Officer

Could you try and describe what occurs in this advertisement for non US members?
#7 Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
MEM
Veggie Regular

heck, even some of us in the US haven't seen it.

Then again, some of us don't have a lot of time to watch TV and don't take commercials too seriously when we do....
#8 Old 09-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't see those commercials. I've only seen the chicken fries commercials with the weird rock concert. And I HATE those because the song always gets stuck in my head and it's gross.

Now, the "Splenda daddy" commercials. Those ones are REALLY bad.
#9 Old 09-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyGoat View Post

I didn't see those commercials. I've only seen the chicken fries commercials with the weird rock concert. And I HATE those because the song always gets stuck in my head and it's gross.

Slipnot is sueing Burger King over those commercials. I haven't seen the other ones either could you please discribe?
#10 Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't seen the ad yet either, but seeing as I have on Comedy Central and VH1 a lot, I'm sure I will eventually. The only Chicken Fries ads I've seen are the the ones with the Slipknot-style rock band. Those are gross and obnoxious enough. Seeing as Slipknot is suing BK for "copying their look", perhaps they've scrambled to replace this campaign.

And, I see nothing wrong with AR people commenting on commercials. Ad agencies don't just sell singular products, they also reflect the cultural climate and promote a certain type of consumer lifestyle. Activists for any cause would do well to look at popular culture to fully understand their mission. The HSUS Genesis and Foe-Paw lists cite movies, shows, and commercials that promote kindness and cruelty, respectively.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#11 Old 09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilark View Post

Slipnot is sueing Burger King over those commercials. I haven't seen the other ones either could you please discribe?

These two owners of a family farm are tormented by their chickens. The first one has a woman surrounded by them in bed yelling for help and then we hear them attack her. And you hear that comical "suspense" music playing. The second one, a man and his wife run into a barn totally freaked out and panicky. The man is trying to hold the barn door shut so the chickens can't get in. Basically they're portraying them as very, very evil. It's obvious this commerical was a desperate attempt to promote and make the chicken fries popular because it's suppose to be all funny. And it is, for someone who doesn't care about the chickens.
#12 Old 09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

People are not as stupid as you think. People know that Chickens are not vindictive. People know that Chicken comes from an animal. The comercial isn't trying to fool anyone. It's trying to make consumers laugh so that they'll buy their product.
#13 Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Veggie Regular

The one I saw didn't bother me any more than other fast food commercials. They are using standard marketing tools.

I have only seen the rock one with all the beautiful thin people eating the fried chicken fries, because we all know if you eat those fries you will be thin and beautiful and don't forget "in"
#14 Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM

Okay i was wondering when someone would comment on this ad. I am very open minded - i found the dairy queen muffin cat ad funny - but this ad pissed me off to the point where i feel like writing to burger king. I wasn't upset so much at the way chickens are portrayed as the fact that the chickens are revolting against the farmers but then end up in chicken fries - I DO NOT GET IT . if they are really up for a revolution they would not want to be chicken fries they would want to live . geesh . i do not often get offended but this ad made me soooo mad .
#15 Old 09-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned

i dont remember or care about the commercial, i just want to know why on earth there is such a thing as a "chicken fry". gross. gag me with a spoon.
#16 Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 AM

I wouldn't take it so seriously.

It's funny because that's not something chickens would do. It's unexpected, which makes humor. The fact that it's funny for chickens to be aggressive really shows that we all know they aren't...

The happy cows thing ticks me off, though.
#17 Old 09-07-2005, 03:41 AM
Veggie Regular

People (despite what you all think) aren't stupid. Nobody will ever believe chickens are 'evil' as someone said, that is ridiculous. People do see through advertisements, give them a little credit. Burger King is a huge international company, no matter how they market the meat, people will eat it anyway.

Is this any different to the shocking imagery vegans/vegetarians produce? Meat Your Meat for example. I find this MUCH more offensive, trying to GUILT people into buying into an idea.

People go to extremes to sell ideas and products, its the way of the world and really not being able to look at the screen, its too upsetting boo hoo. People are being raped and murdered, right now. There are bigger issues.
#18 Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot View Post

People (despite what you all think) aren't stupid. Nobody will ever believe chickens are 'evil' as someone said, that is ridiculous. People do see through advertisements, give them a little credit. Burger King is a huge international company, no matter how they market the meat, people will eat it anyway.

Is this any different to the shocking imagery vegans/vegetarians produce? Meat Your Meat for example. I find this MUCH more offensive, trying to GUILT people into buying into an idea.

People go to extremes to sell ideas and products, its the way of the world and really not being able to look at the screen, its too upsetting boo hoo. People are being raped and murdered, right now. There are bigger issues.

Yeah, there is a difference. Those "Meet Your Meat" videos are real videos that depict real events that happen every time throughout the world. These types of commercials depict lies meant to perpetrate the myth that animals somehow deserve to be eaten or are happy to be eaten.
#19 Old 09-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post

These types of commercials depict lies meant to perpetrate the myth that animals somehow deserve to be eaten or are happy to be eaten.

C'mon, people. Lighten up a little. As others have said, I don't think these commercials will make the world think chickens are evil. Sheesh.

And as 97% of the planet has no problem with eating animals, I don't think BK will waste a lot of money prepetuating a "myth".
#20 Old 09-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychem View Post

These two owners of a family farm are tormented by their chickens. The first one has a woman surrounded by them in bed yelling for help and then we hear them attack her. And you hear that comical "suspense" music playing. The second one, a man and his wife run into a barn totally freaked out and panicky. The man is trying to hold the barn door shut so the chickens can't get in. Basically they're portraying them as very, very evil. It's obvious this commerical was a desperate attempt to promote and make the chicken fries popular because it's suppose to be all funny. And it is, for someone who doesn't care about the chickens.

Yeah, I'm sure that will depict a negative stereotype of those evil attack chickens.

Take a chill pill people. It's only a commercial.
#21 Old 09-07-2005, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

i dont remember or care about the commercial, i just want to know why on earth there is such a thing as a "chicken fry". gross. gag me with a spoon.

I agree.....how vile. Even if I ate meat, "chicken fries" would gross me out. What's next? "Chicken rings"???? ACK.
#22 Old 09-07-2005, 10:02 AM

White Castle has 'chicken rings'. Gross.

And this just highlights why I do NOT watch TV, save PBS.
#23 Old 09-07-2005, 10:50 AM

Wait a second. I can understand the whole depiction, promoting of chickens as a new food item(not like it changes anything, since they're already served everywhere).

But why the fuss over making childrens appear to be the evil things?

From my perspective, they're doing nothing like that. They're just advertising them as a rock bad thats similiar to another one out there. If anything, its trying to make the appealings more appealing to the audience, as a rock band they might like(however stupid the music is), while they eat their meat.
#24 Old 09-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post

These types of commercials depict lies meant to perpetrate the myth that animals somehow deserve to be eaten or are happy to be eaten.

Because people really would believe that animals are just sat about waiting to be turned into someones dinner? Bollocks.
#25 Old 09-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Beginner

have you guys seen the chocolate milk commercial with "equal rights" for brown cows too... i hear cows are pissed off that they aren't being milked fairly in factory farms, thank goodness for whichever dairy company is amending this

/sarcasm... laying it on pretty thick too
#26 Old 09-07-2005, 12:50 PM

I love chocolate milk! Whether it be soy based or cow based.
#27 Old 09-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insectlover View Post

I love chocolate milk! Whether it be soy based or cow based.

And some people love meat, no matter what insect -- errr animal it's from.
#28 Old 09-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsumaFloomp View Post

White Castle has 'chicken rings'. Gross.

And this just highlights why I do NOT watch TV, save PBS.

i don't watch tv at all, and i was unaware of both the "chicken fry" and the "chicken ring" until i read this thread. are the fries just strips of chicken shaped and fried like french fries?
#29 Old 09-07-2005, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post

i don't watch tv at all, and i was unaware of both the "chicken fry" and the "chicken ring" until i read this thread. are the fries just strips of chicken shaped and fried like french fries?

Just a fancy name for chicken strips. Unless they were hollowed out chicken cavities, filled with a fry, and then fried... Hmmmmm. Maybe even switched around if its easier.
#30 Old 09-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianSKA View Post

have you guys seen the chocolate milk commercial with "equal rights" for brown cows too... i hear cows are pissed off that they aren't being milked fairly in factory farms, thank goodness for whichever dairy company is amending this

/sarcasm... laying it on pretty thick too

yes that commercial has been ticking me off for months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page