I ate some Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Veggie Regular

And, like, I've had heartburn for the past 2 days. I'm not sure it's even heartburn though, but theres like a little tingling pain and my heart feels a bit weak. It's nothing too serious, but it's irritating, and I will have it checked out by a doctor if it persists.

I eat cheese sometimes so I don't think it could be the dairy, but I downed quite a few globs of the cookie dough. I think it may be the culprit. I' eat the same (vegetarian) foods week after week and I've never had this problem before. I'm a little angry at myself for eating the ice cream, but I am also a bit pissed at Ben & Jerry. The *******s. *shakes fist*

Has this ever happened to you guys before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I can be so rude sometimes.

You know, if your having persistent heart trouble...it could be an indication of something serious. You should see a doctor
#3 Old 05-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I got a better one for you. I'm vying for vegan-style in my eating but my kid eats L-O. I was not keeping cow's milk in the house as I was never able to digest it and just gave the kid Vanilla Silk. She drank it with no complaints. After a play date with her friend she came back home and asked to try cow's milk.

"It's not very nice." I warned her. We bought a small carton of Natural Valley whole milk. She drank a cup of it with cookies.

Well. She farted like a old, diseased hound dog all night long and got the squits.

"Mama. Cow milk makes me sick!" she complained the next day after an early morning sat on the pot.

End of Cow's milk. She now knows we are not meant to drink the stuff.

Very Vanilla Silk. It's the way. We eat Soy Delicious Just Vanilla Ice Cream smothered in the Magic Shell choco syrup Hummusisyummus recommended.

It's rad.

**** Ben and Jerry.

d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-14-2005, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentalVeg View Post

We eat Soy Delicious Just Vanilla Ice Cream smothered in the Magic Shell choco syrup Hummusisyummus recommended.

It's rad.

#5 Old 05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentalVeg View Post

We eat Soy Delicious Just Vanilla Ice Cream smothered in the Magic Shell choco syrup Hummusisyummus recommended.

It's rad.

I've only had Ben and Jerry's once because it's so $$. Didn't give me problems. It also didn't give me the impression it was worth the $$. ^_^
#6 Old 05-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm completely missing the poing of this thread, are you saying that you have a pain in your heart from icecream ?
#7 Old 05-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Anytime I eat anything dairy (ice cream especially), I get such bad heartburn that I can feel it in my back and nothing gets rid of it.

This is probably what you're experiencing, or something like it.

But if it keeps up to say, Monday, then *absolutely* go get it checked out.
#8 Old 05-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Beginner

I never really liked ice cream much to begin with,it always tasted really thick and heavy to me.Soy delicious,on the other hand,that's some good stuff.I recommend the cherry nirvana flavor,yum!
#9 Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm B Free View Post

I eat cheese sometimes so I don't think it could be the dairy, but I downed quite a few globs of the cookie dough. I think it may be the culprit.

Many people with some lactose sensitivity can tolerate cheese but not milk, ice cream, etc.
#10 Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggie View Post

I never really liked ice cream much to begin with,it always tasted really thick and heavy to me.Soy delicious,on the other hand,that's some good stuff.I recommend the cherry nirvana flavor,yum!

or the chocolate brownie almond obsession.
#11 Old 05-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

or the chocolate brownie almond obsession.

I just bought Soy Delicious "Chocolate Obsession" - it was hands down the best rice/soy ice cream I've ever had.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#12 Old 05-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Soy Delicious Cookie Avalanche is the one I crave when I want ice cream...

tragically, my co-op stopped carrying it
#13 Old 05-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm B Free View Post

And, like, I've had heartburn for the past 2 days. I'm not sure it's even heartburn though, but theres like a little tingling pain and my heart feels a bit weak. It's nothing too serious, but it's irritating, and I will have it checked out by a doctor if it persists.

I eat cheese sometimes so I don't think it could be the dairy, but I downed quite a few globs of the cookie dough. I think it may be the culprit. I' eat the same (vegetarian) foods week after week and I've never had this problem before. I'm a little angry at myself for eating the ice cream, but I am also a bit pissed at Ben & Jerry. The *******s. *shakes fist*

Has this ever happened to you guys before?

Well, I'm not a doctor, so I can't exactly give you a diagnosis. However, I can tell you that right before I gave up meat and dairy, I started to get really bad bouts of heartburn. If I remember correctly (it's been like 3 years), it started as a kind of burning in my chest that went all the way up into my esophagus. It didn't go up the whole length of my esophagus, but it went up enough to be really uncomfortable. When it first started, it would last for only a couple of hours or so with mild discomfort. However, it got to the point where it started lasting for two or three days at a time. I was trying any physical position that I could (lying down, standing up, bending over) to get rid of that burning sensation. At that point, I had been already flirting with the idea of giving up the meat and the dairy. So I went ahead and did that. The heartburn was completely gone within three days, and I haven't had it since. You may be developing lactose intolerance. When I was a kid, I used to eat ice cream and dairy products like crazy. The older I got, the less tolerant my body seemed to be of it. If your problem persists, you should probably consult a physician. If he or she tells you that you have heartburn, then you might want to try cutting out or at least cutting back on the dairy and see if that works for you.
#14 Old 05-14-2005, 01:17 PM

Ben&Jerry's= bad company that still uses cocoa from exploiting child labour. bad unfair trade chocolate.
#15 Old 05-14-2005, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonfld View Post

Ben&Jerry's= bad company that still uses cocoa from exploiting child labour. bad unfair trade chocolate.

Actually, that's not true. They use fairly traded chocolate, primarily from a cooperative farm in Ghana.

<<<just finished reading a book about ethical business practices, including a section about Ben Cohen.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#16 Old 05-14-2005, 05:42 PM

Woohoo!! Thanks for the update! It means that their ethics have improved.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page