Where Can I Find A Vegetarian/Vegan Meal Plan... For Teens!? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-11-2005, 06:21 AM

I'm looking for a few weekly meal plans that wont leave you hungry after.. Anyone know where I can find one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

The book "Becoming Vegetarian" described at the url in my sig. Written by two registered dieticians. Covers special needs for all phases of life.

My Blog: beforewisdom.com
#3 Old 02-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Banned

I was just going to recommend that, Beforewisdom! "Becoming Vegan" is also excellent and will have more vegan specific options. I started with the first book and moved on to the second to get even more ideas. I especially like that it covers all ages and the nutrients needed at each stage, from pregnancy to childhood, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I third Becoming Vegetarian and Becoming Vegan. They are fabulous...they have great, easy to follow menus and loads of nutritional info that won't leave you hungry~
#5 Old 02-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstutzma View Post

I was just going to recommend that, Beforewisdom! "Becoming Vegan" is also excellent and will have more vegan specific options. I started with the first book and moved on to the second to get even more ideas. I especially like that it covers all ages and the nutrients needed at each stage, from pregnancy to childhood, etc.

Becoming Vegetarian is very vegan centric. Dairy and eggs are mentioned in nutrition charts, but are not mentioned in recipes and are not emphasized.

I like Becoming Vegetarian because it is freshly updated and is also a resource book beyond just nutrition.

Becoming Vegan does have some stuff that it does not though.

The authors of both books are both vegans, both moms, and both registered dietitians.

I met Brenda Davis last year. She is very athletic and healthy looking. I was thinking about flirting with her, thinking she was my age, until I met her vibrantly healthy teenage son and learned she was in her early 50s.

That and the small matter of her being a married Canadian .

You would never know it from her writings but she is a very warm, chipper and friendly person.

My Blog: beforewisdom.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page