Subway question... - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 AM

" So the guy pulls the spoon out of the meat sauce to dip into the marinara. I jumped half across the counter and screamed "No!"

-LOL...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 AM

Hahaha!

Yeah, suppose to use a new spoon.. that would be gross though, cuz i know there is meatball pieces in it. But having you say that, it is mostly like it has been done before and there are some meatball pieces in the marinara sauce.
#63 Old 09-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenM View Post

Re: Glove changing... There *is* a bit of an "ick! factor", but personally I don't mind so much the tiny swipe of meat juice or smear of cheese that might migrate onto my food, as much as the thought of mountains of plastic gloves in landfills that our grandchildren and their grandchildren will have to deal with for generations to come.

My veggie sandwich might get "contaminated" by the order before mine. But my lunch did NOT create any more demand for animals to be farmed, sold or killed. It won't adversely affect my health. I just feel that it's gentler on the Earth than trying to obtain a 100% pure sandwich through the use of environmentally-unfriendly plastic gloves.

Just my 25 cents worth. :-)

that's a good point, a lot of people forget about the whole business and demand of the meat industry. Like I know people who are trying to be vegetarian, so they have the meat separated to the side, but they try not to eat it or end up not eating it. I feel like this is a waste, bc they still bought and used the meat. The business can't use that same meat to feed some other omni. I feel like if they already bought the meat and fed the demand of meat, then they might as well make sure that poor animal didn't die for absolutely no reason. A lot of my reasoning for not eating meat is bc I know a lot of other people will never stop, so I feel like I'm at least helping balance their meateating out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page