Not so stupid things veg*ns say - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

So what are the things that you say that might sound a bit off kilter to omnis? You know, phrases that come out of your mouth that make the omnis go . I throw around the following terms both for clarity, and to further our plight in whatever small form it may be.

"dairy milk" (EVERY time I refer to it. Soy or rice milk I just call "milk")

"dairy cheese" (EVERY time I refer to it. Soy or almond cheese I just call "cheese")

"flesh, carnage, or animal cruelty" (in place of the word "meat")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm having a bbq seitan ("sayt-uhn") or tofu sandwich for dinner!
#3 Old 01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I used terms like dead animal and carcass and I always refer to milk as cow's milk. Cruetly free is another term I use a lot when I'm trying to buy hair products and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Slightly off topic:

In the book i'm reading i'm on the chapter about chicken processing and salmonella poisoning and the author threw in "The juice from packages of raw chicken has been called 'fecal soup'"

Perhaps you can use that term as well MollyCat
#5 Old 01-11-2005, 05:55 PM

My gf & I call seitan "devil-meat". I imagine that would sound odd to omnis. Maybe even to some veg*ns.
#6 Old 01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I often times like to refer to meat as "the murdered flesh of beasts"...soley for dramatic purposes !!

Cheers!
#7 Old 01-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I once compared eating chicken to eating something that fell on the floor into a pile of poop. I got some weird looks . . .
#8 Old 01-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

i like carcass for meat. i call milk things pus
#9 Old 01-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I try not to be to graphic around omni's unless they are giving me a hard time... then I refer to all their meat as dead animal- or I'll say to someone- while they're eating chicken..."you know, I've heard that puppies taste like chicken. I wonder how you can be sure?"

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#10 Old 01-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Jes
Veggie Regular

Carcass, cow pus, or cow pus product.
#11 Old 01-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Dead babies...I mean, uh....animal flesh...

#12 Old 01-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post

Carcass, cow pus, or cow pus product.

Oh yeah, I used the cow pus phrase the other day when my brother was giving me a hard time about my soya milk, he said how can you put beans in your cerial? I said it's not beans it's milk, he said oh yeah but it's made from beans and you're putting it on your cerial, it's digusting, so I just shrugged and said better than the cow pus you put on yours, lol, and animal flesh phrase I use all the time instead of saying meat.

"Through the centuries, we have projected onto the wolf the qualities we most despise and fear in ourselves." ~ Barry Lopez.
#13 Old 01-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Jes
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by manics_fan View Post

Oh yeah, I used the cow pus phrase the other day when my brother was giving me a hard time about my soya milk, he said how can you put beans in your cerial? I said it's not beans it's milk, he said oh yeah but it's made from beans and you're putting it on your cerial, it's digusting, so I just shrugged and said better than the cow pus you put on yours, lol, and animal flesh phrase I use all the time instead of saying meat.

I just don't understand how people could think that something which came from the insides of another mammal species is grosser than something that came from a bean, or in my case, some rice!
#14 Old 01-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Veggie Regular

It's called brainwashing!
#15 Old 01-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I went on a tangent about the so called organic regulations in the US when a coworker said something she was eating was organic. I couldn't help it! And I only use the word 'carcass' if the person makes fun of my food first.
#16 Old 01-11-2005, 07:18 PM

When I'm joking around I use the puss and carcass words.

I also call eggs chicken menstration. Sometimes I joke about them coming out of a chicken's... yeah. My friends are thoroughly grossed out by eggs now.
#17 Old 01-11-2005, 07:34 PM

I use flesh or carcass when I'm trying to get a point across. I have also gotten into the habbit of instead of using words like beef, bacon etc. I just say cow, pig, for some weird reason using these words seem to bother people. I also always say cow's milk....I've gotten lots of weird looks for that one.
#18 Old 01-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I just use the animal name instead of the meat name (usually around family as they are all cool with me) eg. pig for bacon or pork, cow for beef and tortured baby cow for veal - not that my family would ever wanna eat veal in front of me.
#19 Old 01-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Banned

hmm...carcass, pus, body, flesh, the animal's name (or piggy/cute name, makes it sadder somehow...sometimes)...and my favorite is calling eggs "fetus". Someone makes something with eggs and i think (or say) "that has fetus in it. ewww...."
#20 Old 01-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I've said flexitarian and pescatarien to my friends and family, and I think they now understand what it means. I try not to use words like carcass, corpse and pus, but I've described meat that my mother was cooking as "the dead animal" if I was annoyed at her. I don't like to be negative about what other people eat, even if it's something I would never eat.
#21 Old 01-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Veggie Regular

My friend calls eggs "chicken abortions". I call meat "animal muscle". Ooh and I call milk "juice squeezed from a cow nipple".
#22 Old 01-11-2005, 09:10 PM

i call cow's milk cow's milk

meat.. well.. whatever it is that it is

eggs.. i call balls of slime..
#23 Old 01-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

At this past Thanksgiving, when the turkey was inadvertently passed to me (probably with no thought behind it, or harm meant) I replied "Um, no, I'll pass. Can we put that poor former bird somewhere else? Like bury it?".....and you could hear crickets chirping. My stepdad felt like a total oaf, I could tell.
#24 Old 01-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I use dead animal or carcass on VB but I don't do it with omni family and friends unless they start in on my diet first. But it's been a long time since any of them have commented on what I eat/don't eat.
#25 Old 01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Veggie Regular

This turkey is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late turkey! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If it hadn't had its extremeties chopped off and been stuffed and roasted for the sake of your taste buds, it would be pushing up daisies! Its metabolical processes are of interest only to historians! It's hopped the twig! It's shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This.... is an EX-TURKEY!
#26 Old 01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDance View Post

This turkey is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late turkey! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If it hadn't had its extremeties chopped off and been stuffed and roasted for the sake of your taste buds, it would be pushing up daisies! Its metabolical processes are of interest only to historians! It's hopped the twig! It's shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This.... is an EX-TURKEY!

Yea! AOD got my Python joke! Nobody in my family did........a big to you, AOD!
#27 Old 01-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

<< monty python geek. (my ringtone is the flying circuis theme. because I'm cool like that)
#28 Old 01-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOfDance View Post

YES!

#29 Old 01-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

AoD
#30 Old 01-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Banned

omg i <3 monty python, i am such a mp geek too! i had that ringtone till i switched phones. adsljkfhas. ahahhaa.

uh, to stay on topic, today someone tried to offer my (former vegetarian, now VEGAN...uh for about a week...haha) friend some cookie and he said "ew, no, it has milk in it and eggs, gross" so i shouted "FETUS!"

it still sticks as my fave phrase.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page