How athletic are you? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-02-2005, 10:25 PM

I just wanted to see how athletic the average vegan was. I'll start this one! I'm not too active I'd like to start running again but I haven't been motivated enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I run

When chased.
#3 Old 01-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I was about 4 mo. ago. Then I got a toenail taken off and couldn't run for a month, and things went downhill from there. But I used to be really athletic. Like 2 hours on the elliptical athletic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm the person who always had an excuse to skip gym class hate P.E or any form of it...
#5 Old 01-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Hugger View Post

I'm the person who always had an excuse to skip gym class hate P.E or any form of it...

Were you smoking pot with me under the bleachers in grade 10? lol...perhaps we were friends. I also was the same.

Currently I'm as athletic as an elderly woman with a walker and arthritis....
#6 Old 01-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not vegan (lacto-ovo) but I'm not very athletic at all. I don't like to excercise for the sake of excercising. I walk alot because I don't have a car, but when I have had a car I was pretty sedentary.
#7 Old 01-03-2005, 03:09 AM

I'm not very athletic either, but I do ride a bike to get from class to class at school. But its only a few minutes per ride, it barely counts as excercise.
#8 Old 01-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Hugger View Post

That's me!
#9 Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Beginner

I used to love PE, and sports - after school finished i didn't join in with any sport activities (even though i wanted to) and it kind of went down hill from there. *misses sports days* and hockey D:

wish i could join some sort of sports society in uni.. but.. nevermind ^^;; might start going for walks and try building up to running
#10 Old 01-03-2005, 03:51 AM
Beginner

I hope I'm athletic, I'm trying real hard. I never was in hs or anything (cant catch/throw/run fast etc). I was always the kid picked last for a team and would shut my eyes and go foetal if the ball came my way

Anyway, these days I try and exercise daily, a 7km bike ride takes 15 mins and doesnt even feel like it gets my heart pumpin, I'm trying to work up to running 5k by the end of Jan and I ride horses, do weights/pilates/yoga most days (well havent lately...but I swear I've been BUSY!!! ) but yeah I guess im at least wannabe athletic
#11 Old 01-03-2005, 03:52 AM

well seeing as how there hasn't been a single athletic poster i thought i better get in here and represent. *edit-- someone athletic posted while i was typing this.

i run, i workout at the gym regularily to build mass, im into martial arts - muay thai currently as well as boxing, i go to hardcore shows almost every week and work up a pretty good sweat singing along - stage diving - and dancing in the pit, i am into sports when i able to get enough friends together to play - soccer usually, i go hiking and camping as much as possible - not as often as i used to because i live in a large city now, i also just walk alot in the city.

i am also apprenticing as a carpenter. there is alot of physical labor involved in this trade so it tends to be a pretty good work out as well. though sometimes it's not really a healthy workout... ugh.
#12 Old 01-03-2005, 05:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta View Post

I just wanted to see how athletic the average vegan was. I'll start this one! I'm not too active I'd like to start running again but I haven't been motivated enough.

*cough* https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...=30334 *cough*
#13 Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I run a lot. Recently I did a marathon. I lift weights and do yoga, but not as often as I'd like to. I'd say I'm athletic!
#14 Old 01-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Baby Love

I'm not currently vegan, but when I was I walked 2 hours a day ... and eventually worked my way up to running and swimming. At my peak, I was running 40 minutes (4miles) three times a week, swimming 20-30 minutes a few days a week, going to taekwondo 2 hours twice a week (plus practice at home), and a few walks. Dang, I still wish I was in that good of shape!

#15 Old 01-03-2005, 12:26 PM

undefined

I would say I am very athletic. I am getting ready to begin training for a marathon in the spring. In the past I have done 2 Ironman races tons of other road races and triathlons. I lift weights at the gym, spinning, fit ball, run, ride, swim etc....I love to workout...great stress relief.
#16 Old 01-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm kind of a gym rat: yoga, weight lifting, belly dancing, pilates,...
#17 Old 01-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I swim laps hard for about an hour three times a week. I used to be a gym rat. Ii can't seem to face the weigths but that is my New year's Resolution. We'll see how that goes. I do walk a lot almost everyday. I walk my dogs and walk to the store. I guess that's not all that althletic.
#18 Old 01-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I run--half-marathons have ben my longest races. It's not like I'm that fast or anything though. I'm just proud of myself for finishing and running under 10-minute miles. I also do yoga and lift wieghts, hike, bike, etc. Back in high school and college I did a series of team sports--soccer, crew, rugby, volleyball, softball--but I wasn't vegan then. I've always liked sports/physical activity, but I've never stood out too much as far as ability goes.
#19 Old 01-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Depends on your definition of athletic.

I can't lift much weight (I don't think... I haven't truly tried in a while) and if you put me on a soccer field or basketball court, I'd look ridiculous. Mostly because I have a fear of spherical objects flying at me and I don't have good reaction time.

But I walk everywhere. I don't have a car and if I did, I wouldn't use it much.

And I'm a dancer. I'm flexible and can do things like triple pirouettes on the tips of my toes. I'd like to see a basketball player do THAT.

and I run, but not competitively. Just for excercise. And I do other stuff at the gym as well.

But I'm willing to bet the first thing you think when you meet me isn't "athlete". It's probably closer to something like, "I could SO take her." and you'd probably be right.
#20 Old 01-03-2005, 04:33 PM

Well... I would venture to say that I am slightly above a coach potatoe, but "athletic" isn't quite rught either. I walk about 3 miles everyday and I can beat the hell out of a punching bag when the mood strikes, but thats as about athletic as I get.
#21 Old 01-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I can do heavy physical work/exercise for 4 hours straight, no problem.
#22 Old 01-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm a couch potato (and strict vegetarian, not vegan).

I used to go for long walks, though, and intend to start doing so again.
#23 Old 01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea View Post

I'm a couch potato

I used to go for long walks, though, and intend to start doing so again.

#24 Old 01-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Jes
Veggie Regular

I run and have a club so we can enjoy training for various races together, including a half, a trail 10k and eventually a full marathon. On X-training days, I usually practice yoga to stretch out.
#25 Old 01-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm l/o. i do my thing.
#26 Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 PM

I have always been physically active, involved in sports, worked out, etc. I am competing in Figure competitions (amateur level.) I am also a member of the NPC, National Physique Committee.
#27 Old 01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I rock climb at a climbing gym. We just joined this gym, and my goal is to try to go at least a couple times a week. (Preferably more often then that.)
#28 Old 01-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

im basicaly a couch potato. just because i go to school, come home, do homework, go to veggieboards, listen to music while playing tetris, and on weekendsi work, and go home, more music more lame games ike tetris,the sleep. i don play games tha much actually, i read, or watch tv.
#29 Old 01-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Beginner

I work out regularly using free weights. They don't weigh very much though and get ligther with each rep. What's a corona light weigh anyhow?
#30 Old 01-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say I'm athletic. But definitely moreso in the the summer and autumn. Right now I'm running less than I really should, occasionally biking too, and weights. Right now I'm just doing maintenence but in the spring I'm going to start training more thoroughly for a biathlon I have planned...during the summer/fall I do 6-10 miles running and 10-20 miles biking daily, but quite honestly I whimp out during the winter because of snow/cold and don't do much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page