Traveling vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-20-2004, 11:31 AM

Here's a site with more information for vegan travelers.

http://www.petatraveltips.com/travel-veg.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-20-2004, 03:01 PM

Did I say something wrong?
#3 Old 12-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

This makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V422005 View Post

Here's where Vicky could have gone for more information so she wouldn't feel forced to renounce her vegan diet during her travels.

http://www.petatraveltips.com/travel-veg.asp

Veganism means something different to each person.

Vicky was given lots of information and had support offered to her and still made the choice to leave veganism to become a vegetarian.

Only she knows why.

These actions do not make sense to many people who are passionately vegan for health, AR and environmental reasons and repulsed by even the thought of leaving veganism behind for any reason.

I undesrstand feeling confused as to why anyone would do this, and I think that this is where you are coming from by starting this thread; however, to some, it could look like a "shaming" of Vicky for her choices and if that is the case, I cannot support that...

If you are curious about her unique reasons, I suggest you ask her directly. She may or may not choose to be direct with you, but would likely be more open to it than after reading the opening of this thread.

So, I just wanted to give you a little perspective because I am trusting your intentions are in the right place-to educate and reach out- and I am in full support of that
#5 Old 12-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't think it's nice to "call someone out" like that. Her personal reasons are just that - hers. A thread with helpful hints about traveling vegan would be appreciated here. But by naming someone specifically its almost like asking us to chime in on ganging up on Vicky. JMO though.
#6 Old 12-22-2004, 03:23 AM

Nice of you to post
#7 Old 12-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks! I'm going to Paris in Feb and am trying to gather resources and now here are more. I have an apt. so that should help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page