VeggieBoards banner

Roaster Oven?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Annie 
#1 ·
I just opened an account at TCF bank today (for all you midwesterners, the bank that's inside Jewel-Osco stores) and they gace me a FREE 6-Quart Nesco Roaster Oven. hmm. now what am i supposed to do with this? roasted tofu and veggies? or perhaps i can use it to steam rice?

any suggestions on how a vegetarian is to make use of a 6-Quart Roaster Oven?

#4 ·
sigh, I have one too... my boyfriend gave it to me literally months before going veggie... and it was something I really wanted and enjoied using... now it just sits there cause I cant part with it, cause it was something he gave me and it was actually a really thoughtful gift...

so if anyone actually does have some ideas for veggie uses I would be very happy

#5 ·
Dude, I'm VegBunny's roomate. I think we should buy some bags of those frozen mixed veggies and test it out. We can test rice in it too. I get paid today. *jigs*

I'm gonna be signing up for an account too, but we don't need two roasters in the house. VegBunny had the very good idea of giving it to my Dad for Christmas. *LOL*

#6 ·
well, i did a google search for roaster overn recipes, and as i expected, most of them are meat-based. but there are a few veggie ones, and some can be easily veganized. and it looks like you can make rice in it! it just takes a while.

Vegetarian Recipes from Nesco

Hamilton Beach Recipes - most are meat-based but can be veganized.

Interesting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.