VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegetarian chili missing from Trader Joe's and Target?

Tags
chili
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  silva 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that Trader Joe's and Hormel's canned vegetarian chili has been missing for the past several months?...

I live in Ventura County, CA, and for the past 2-3 months, I've tried buying TJ's vegetarian chili, and it's been curiously absent. After my second or third visit and it being missing, I asked the staff. They said they were having a supplier issue, and that it'd be back... Oddly coincidental, I've been looking for *any* kind of vegetarian chili at some of the big box stores and supermarkets and they also have had zero stock... Normally Target has Hormel brand. They have zero.

I'm guessing that Hormel might be the white label supplier behind TJ's and Hormel is having issues or decided to stop making it?... I found some Stagg brand at Walmart.

And yes, I know chili is not hard to make. But I'm a lazy sonuvagun who likes to have canned vegetarian chili as a backup meal. :hamster:

-Chillz

#2 ·
Why not try Amy's Veg Chili. You can buy at Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Sprouts, co-ops, etc. Due to the pandemic, many people have stocked up on canned goods and this is one reason why some things are not as easy to find now. But spend a couple of hours one day and make a huge pot of chili and freeze in smaller portions and then you can go back to your lazy ways, lol!!!!

#3 ·
:). Thx for the comment, vegangal55. I actually did end up w/ a can of Amy's, but boy is that expensive... Turns out my "chili shortage" might just have been some bad timing on my part. I went by Walmart and they had Stagg brand.

Eventually, possibly, I'll do the "cook in bulk and freeze" method.. One day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.