VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3-ingredient, hi-protein pasta dish

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  silva 
#1 · (Edited)
Hard to think of an easier recipe. Pasta with spaghetti sauce and finely-mashed tofu. The mashed tofu looks kind of like ricotta cheese in the sauce.

Ingredients:

Whole-grain pasta

Tofu, mashed into very small pieces (probably easier to mash with a fork, instead of a spoon):

Pasta sauce

Directions:

1. Boil the pasta per directions on package.

2. Mix the mashed tofu into the pasta sauce, and heat up on the stove.

3. Serve pasta with the sauce.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks, @David3 !

What I'm thinking might be kind of strange... but... if cheddary-flavored pasta sounds tasty, someone could take a little bit, sprinkle some Nutritional Yeast on it, and see how that was. If it was appetizing, they could season the whole batch the same way.

(Please note: I'm talking about the bright-yellow, sort of flaky, cheddary-tasting kind of nutritional yeast- NOT the powdery, grayish-brown brewer's yeast, which I got the first time by mistake when I wanted to try a recipe that called for nutritional. The recipe said that nutritional yeast gave a cheesy flavor to things... and I thought to myself: "YUMMMM!"... until I tasted it. I finished the brewer's yeast eventually because I hate to waste food and it didn't make me sick, but it was a big taste disappointment.)

#3 ·
Thanks, @David3 !

What I'm thinking might be kind of strange... but... if cheddary-flavored pasta sounds tasty, someone could take a little bit, sprinkle some Nutritional Yeast on it, and see how that was. If it was appetizing, they could season the whole batch the same way.

(Please note: I'm talking about the bright-yellow, sort of flaky, cheddary-tasting kind of nutritional yeast- NOT the powdery, grayish-brown brewer's yeast, which I got the first time by mistake when I wanted to try a recipe that called for nutritional. The recipe said that nutritional yeast gave a cheesy flavor to things... and I thought to myself: "YUMMMM!"... until I tasted it. I finished the brewer's yeast eventually because I hate to waste food and it didn't make me sick, but it was a big taste disappointment.)
Yes! The reason why brewer's yeast tastes so terrible is because it's a byproduct of beer-brewing. Brewer's yeast retains some of the flavor of the bitter hops. Nutritional yeast is made fresh.

Reactions: Tom
#5 ·
I take the tofu a few more steps to make ricotta. Just mash and mix in the Italian type herbs and spices you like, a Tbls or two of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil--or what I like is buying olives in good seasoned oil and using that, as well as mincing up some olives! If it's firm or extra firm it's good to press out most water first, mix and let sit overnight.
Just plop dollops on the sauced pasta in a casserole and bake, or go to the trouble and cook lasagna noodles and make rollitinis

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.