Winter soup, 6 ingredients
6- ingredient lentil soup. Quick!
Frozen chopped kale:
Lentils, already boiled until tender:
Low-sodium, canned tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce doesn't work as well for soup - it's too sweet). A 20 oz. can is enough for 4 quarts of soup
Soy sauce, reduced salt:
Red hot pepper sauce:
Very quick to make:
1. In a 4-quart soup pot, boil chopped onions until partly tender.
2. Add (already) boiled lentils, and lower heat to simmer
3. Add tomato sauce
4. Add more water to the pot, to make 4 quarts (approx). Stir and simmer.
4. Add soy sauce judiciously, until desired saltiness is reached
5. Add red hot pepper sauce, until desired spiciness is reached
6. Add frozen kale.
7. Simmer until soup is heated through.
“Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization