Darn you, TripAdvisor!? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-09-2019, 11:00 AM

Darn you, TripAdvisor!?

So, I'm a recently converted vegetarian and I'm learning some of the subtle changes that come from no longer eating meat.

I've recently learned that a lot of restaurants claim to have vegetarian and vegan options when in reality they might have a salad (or something like that).

We're going away for a short trip this weekend and I was just going through "THE 10 BEST Vegan Restaurants" list on TripAdvisor and seriously - but I'm having to scour their menus to find much that is truly vegetarian/vegan.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...but I am wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to find good vegetarian/vegan options when traveling. Is their a better website to use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Happycow relies on user content, but I've found, and heard, it's quite reliable. It is geared towards vegetarians.

https://www.happycow.net/

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 09-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
Happycow relies on user content, but I've found, and heard, it's quite reliable. It is geared towards vegetarians.

https://www.happycow.net/

I have used this website and it's pretty good. It shows vegetarian vs vegan vs veg options fairly clearly if you look and I think you can search.

I was going to say the same thing. In fact I think this is well known as THE website for exactly what you are looking for. I think it's fairly decent global coverage possibly.

What I would do is if I was in say, London or New York for example (not that I travel a lot these days, but just for example) I would search for only vegan options, but if I was in a small town or a developing country would have to be more realistic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page