VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darn you, TripAdvisor!?

945 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jamie in Chile 
#1 ·
So, I'm a recently converted vegetarian and I'm learning some of the subtle changes that come from no longer eating meat.

I've recently learned that a lot of restaurants claim to have vegetarian and vegan options when in reality they might have a salad (or something like that).

We're going away for a short trip this weekend and I was just going through "THE 10 BEST Vegan Restaurants" list on TripAdvisor and seriously - but I'm having to scour their menus to find much that is truly vegetarian/vegan.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...but I am wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to find good vegetarian/vegan options when traveling. Is their a better website to use?

#3 ·
I have used this website and it's pretty good. It shows vegetarian vs vegan vs veg options fairly clearly if you look and I think you can search.

I was going to say the same thing. In fact I think this is well known as THE website for exactly what you are looking for. I think it's fairly decent global coverage possibly.

What I would do is if I was in say, London or New York for example (not that I travel a lot these days, but just for example) I would search for only vegan options, but if I was in a small town or a developing country would have to be more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.