I'm on day 4 without processed sugar. I'm a yo-yo. I probably go half the year without processed sugar, but it's a few days off then a few days on. My longest streak is 5 months.
What works for me: keep a lot of fruit in the house. When I eliminate the added sugars for an extended period of time, my taste perception of fruit changes, and it seems much sweeter. Then I don't feel like I need to add sugar.
- I'll freeze grapes when they are in season.
- Super ripe bananas are good for making 'one-ingredient ice cream' and fudgsicles
- Make popsicles from bananas, melons, cherries, berries, pineapple, etc
- I'll make my own energy bars out of nuts and raisins/dates.
- Peanut butter apples are my favorite
- Medjool dates get really chewy when frozen.
- This recipe for sugar free vegan brownies from Dr Fuhrman is really good:
To drink, I like Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea, with a splash of Trader Joes Unsweetened Soy Milk. I think it tastes like pumpkin pie, but a little sweet, even though there's no sugar in it.